Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo 'traumatized' when gets loaf's ashes in Walmoo bag

Posted by aliceblue 
Moo 'traumatized' when gets loaf's ashes in Walmoo bag
August 31, 2013
Sure I hate Walmoo but if you want StiffLeighs ashes in a bag WTF does it matter what kind of bag? http://www.mommyish.com/2013/08/31/funeral-home-seals-ashes-in-walmart-bag/

All that lowing about being traumatized is either a bid for attention, for money, or for both. I say this as someone whose father died last month. I loved him,as did my mother who was married to him for 48 years. However, neither of us are sentimental and we refereed to the funeral process as "burn him, urn him, and pop him in the ground."
Re: Moo 'traumatized' when gets loaf's ashes in Walmoo bag
August 31, 2013
She does not know the meaning of the word "traumatized". She's not traumatized. She's being a drama queen.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
August 31, 2013
Next time use a Ziplock (unmarked, of course).

jbs
August 31, 2013
I know I'm evil for laughing at this "traumatic" experience but I don't care
waving hellolarious waving hellolarious
August 31, 2013
We lost 3 dogs between 2001-2007. They all reside in clear plastic bags. Would we prefer to have them alive? Yes. But we consider ourselves lucky enough to live in a society where pet cremation is available. The hysterical moo could transfer the ashes to the final resting place of her choosing. smile rolling left righteyes2
August 31, 2013
Yeah, the Cow wanted the ashes split four ways - uh, WTF is it, a pizza? I guess so everybody could have a little bit of Burnt Stiffy. I might've gotten a bit irked myself and tossed in a half burnt piece of charcoal or a cig butt.

I have heard that cremated remains will contain some ashes of others. Kind of like when you get a French Fry mixed in with your Onion Rings.

It's burnt up ashes, what's the big deal? Why not just put them in a different bag or container?

Who you gonna call?

DUST BUSTER!
It was not very wise for the funeral director to place the cremated remains inside a Walfart plastic bags. I mean, it does not take much effort to drive to the local grocery store, get some clear plastic Ziploc bags, and cut them up into smaller bags to split the cremated remains into while making sure the logo does not appear on the smaller bags. I also find it strange that, as a funeral home that operates a crematory, he has never had a request for remains to be split multiple ways. I have received that request very often from families that I serve and ALWAYS have smaller bags on hand to accommodate that request. I would not even put the cremated remains of a dog or a cat into a Walfart bag!

With that being said, I think that the moo is blowing this whole thing way out of proportion. Duh tried to explain to moo that the funeral director did not act maliciously and it was just simply a split second lack of judgment. Another funeral home even transferred the remains from the Walfart bag into a clear bag. But that's not enough for martyr moo, who claims that the funeral director "desecrated" her son's remains. She's already complained to the Attorney General's office and the state board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers, who wants to place bets as to how long it will be before she files a lawsuit against the funeral home for "emotional trauma and suffering"? And how convenient is it that the funeral director who made the mistake is not only a funeral director but also the local coroner?

ETA:

Zzelda
I have heard that cremated remains will contain some ashes of others. Kind of like when you get a French Fry mixed in with your Onion Rings.

It's burnt up ashes, what's the big deal? Why not just put them in a different bag or container?

Who you gonna call?

DUST BUSTER!

LOL!

Yes, it is true that you will get some cremated remains that belong to other people (or other pets in the case of having your pet cremated at a pet crematory), but the amount of other cremated remains mixed in is miniscule. The reason is because very fine particles are left over after the cremation process that are virtually impossible to remove and collect entirely. It is the same concept as pouring garden soil out of a bag. If you look inside the bag after you pour out the dirt you will notice residue remaining on the inside of the bag that you cannot collect. If you use that same bag to carry sand, then some of the garden soil will be mixed in with the sand. So, in essence, 99.9% of what you get back from a reputable funeral home will be your family member or pet. Probably more of an explanation that you were looking for, but there you go! grinning smiley

Psst, I wouldn't tell martyr moo this, but some residue from her son's remains will remain on that Walfart bag even after being transferred out of it...winking smiley
brown-eyed diamond
She does not know the meaning of the word "traumatized". She's not traumatized. She's being a drama queen.

YES! Making way too big a deal out of this IMHO. She could simply state that she thought it was crass and disrespectful and hopefully the persons responsible will think twice before subjecting another family to the behavior but done is done. Why must everything be blown up into a great whiney lowing of the perpetually offended moos festival? To quote my own moo - "the universe doesn't revolve around YOU!"
August 31, 2013
barren4ever
We lost 3 dogs between 2001-2007. They all reside in clear plastic bags. Would we prefer to have them alive? Yes. But we consider ourselves lucky enough to live in a society where pet cremation is available. The hysterical moo could transfer the ashes to the final resting place of her choosing. smile rolling left righteyes2

My sister had the cremated remains of her dog placed in what looked like a paper lunch bag. It had the logo and name of the crematory ("Pets At Rest") on the bag but it would be easy to mistake it for a packed lunch.
Anyone remember that South Park epsiode where Kenny got cremated and Cartman drank the ashes thinking it was chocolate milk mix?
August 31, 2013
I am cracking up over here. waving hellolarious

It is nice to know that I am not the only heartless one.:smoke

And what are you bitching about moo? You knew the brat would die the moment you chose to drag it here. You were just hoping it would live to adulthood so you could get a free CNA. Sucks to be moo!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
September 01, 2013
Zzelda
Yeah, the Cow wanted the ashes split four ways - uh, WTF is it, a pizza? I guess so everybody could have a little bit of Burnt Stiffy. I might've gotten a bit irked myself and tossed in a half burnt piece of charcoal or a cig butt.

Who you gonna call?

DUST BUSTER!

EWWWWWW! two faces puking

As long as I do not get ashes in my french fries I will be a happy human being.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login