Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No more beauty pageants?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
No more beauty pageants?
September 21, 2013
Well, in France anyway.

Personally, I think this law is a good move. Most of these pageants don't seem to do much good anyway. I'm kind of hoping this law would make its way to the US if it works in France. At least parents couldn't hypersexualize their toddlers for money anymore. What do you make of this law?
Re: No more beauty pageants?
September 21, 2013
I like the law. I think people need to be over a legal age to participate in that stuff.
Anonymous User
September 21, 2013
France was smart for pushing the law. Too bad 'Merica won't follow suit. After all, it's the parunts' Gawd-gibben rite to parade their kyds around and fuck up their heads for trophies and money.
Anonymous User
September 21, 2013
Can you imagine what would happen if the law did get passed in America, though?
September 21, 2013
I think they should be like any other job - because it really is just unpaid work - and you should have to be at least 16 to be in them. The woman who sits across from me at work has a daughter who was into that pageant stuff until she was 20 and I didn't realize how much fund-raising and ad-selling goes into participating in that stuff. That's before all the time, energy and money you burn up finding and paying for dress after dress, swimsuits, make-up, hairstyling, travel, entry fees, hotel rooms...It's completely ridiculous. Then all you end up with is a crying daughter because she didn't win. Again.

There is not one skill, ability or talent that girls or women can cultivate by participating in pageants that they can't acquire in some other activity.
Anonymous User
September 21, 2013
Eh I think beauty pagents in general are gross but breeders who want to sexualize toddlers will find ways to do so. It's a nice gesture.
September 22, 2013
I'm sure the breeders will find some other way to teach their daughters that only their appearance matters and that looking good is a competition, but good for France for nipping this in the bud before it gets like it is in the US. There are a lot of things I don't like about France, but some of the laws they pass in the name of equality are great - they really are trying to fix some of the social roots of sexism.
September 22, 2013
Sometimes I watch some of that toadlers and tieras just because it's so much of a train wreck. I just see those kids either brainwashed into consieded little twits or throwing tantrums because they really do not want to do it. It's all a moomie thing. I don't think the kids get a damn thing out of it. Just parading chyldren to be judged. Nope.. not right.
September 22, 2013
Good, that Toddlers and Tiaras thing is fucking SICK. Now if only everywhere else would follow suit...

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

September 22, 2013
Good for France. Sounds like they're following the UK, where child beauty pageants are banned too
Anonymous User
September 22, 2013
Next thing they should ban those "dance shows" a lot of childrens dancing groups do where they dress the girls in tiny bikinis and have them perfom to "candy shop " and the like. When my cousin was younger she went to a childrens belly dancer group and they did a gig at some town fair. The girls (who were all younger then 10) wore next to nothing and did a dancing routine that would have put a lot of strippers to shame. I'm no prude but that show was just....wrong face saying 'error'r My cousin herself shudders when she thinks about it now :goggle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login