Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Got your PhD in neuroscience? You don't know anything!

Posted by blackpearl 
Got your PhD in neuroscience? You don't know anything!
October 23, 2013
My friend sent me this link which made me so stabby. Read the first piece of mombiejacking...i do hope that she deletes this bitch from her list.I'm so angry on her behalf! angry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping off

Of course, the others are no better but gosh do they reek of jealousy!:biggrin2
Re: Got your PhD in neuroscience? You don't know anything!
October 23, 2013
She does not need losers like that in her 'friends' list. What a raging asshole!
I'd have said something like, "Clearly, some people know certain things without having to learn them; you, madam, have a serious case of Congenital Cuntery. Such assholishnes cannot be learned, but you, Cunterella, can be F-listed. Enjoy your permanent enslavement. Education is freedom."

God. That shit burns my ass.
October 23, 2013
I don't even know how most adult humans are capable of functioning or achieve anything without having babies. Must be one of those mysteries of the world... smile rolling left righteyes2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
October 23, 2013
Oh Gawd, YES!

Why do parents have to shoe horn their reproductive status and / or kids into EVERY. GOD DAMNED. SUBJECT???!!!!

It's just as bad as the people who - say there's an article about Bonsai Trees or Count Chocula or Whatever - they gotta get on there and start up with the - Yeah I bet the people who do this voted for THAT politician.

Come on now smile rolling left righteyes2

And those types seem to think they're getting some point across or something - but it just makes them look incredibly angry and foolish.

General Topics (which are completely UNRELATED to Politics) =/= the place for your political gripes.

And the "parents" are just as bad with this.

I got a pimple on my ass!

> Oooh but I'm a MOOTHER and I know ass pimples like nobody's business!

It rained today.

> As a Mother, let me explain rain to you. Let me start by singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider. Because the rain washed him out, you know. I know ALL about rain now! And whenever I sing this little song to my PWECIOUS Baybee Boy - I CRY. Because - that's what Motherhood will do to you. But, you wouldn't know. Too bad, so sad.

I decided to go out to eat yesterday, and for a change I had the Ranch salad dressing instead of my usual Blue Cheese.

> As a MOTHER! I must say HOW OFFENDED! I am by this! Because there are virtually NO Dude Ranches left for us to take Our Pwecious Children too! Not ones that are affordable for FAMBLEES and I, for one, am OUTRAGED!

I think I have drain flies, I better throw some bleach down the drains ~

> As a FATHER I am sitting here weeping over going fly fishing with my dear, departed GwamPa! I'm bawling. For what my Son will miss out on - no Gweat GwamPa for him! It must be YOUR FAULT because YOU! with your mention of FLIES made me cry! And now my Son is crying too YOU MONSTER!!!

I have to take a pee -

> Oh, the JOYFUL MEMORIES of teaching the Little Ones TM the Alphabet! Here - I want to sing it for you, because you can't appreciate it otherwise - ABCDEFG, HIJK, LMNO PEE!
Oh! Isn't it just SO PWECIOUS! when they giggle and laugh over the P?! So Pwecious! Someone should make a Pwecious Moments figurine to commemorate this!

And on and on it goes ~

You could say Boo - and they'll find a way to work their kids into it. ANY subject, they'll turn it to breeding and kids. Drywall? Kids. Russian built nuclear submarines of the 1960s? Oh, that reminds me of my kids ~

smile rolling left righteyes2

Yeah. Extremely tedious. And then these Breeders wonder why they don't have any friends ~
Beats me! smile rolling left righteyes2
October 23, 2013
My mom says people do that show they have no life and having babies ends up being their greatest and only accomplishment in life.

I agree with her. smiling smiley
October 23, 2013
Ah good old blair the fencesitter. She was here and tried to light all of us up.

It didn't go so well.

Yet here she is basically parroting many of the things we said to her.

smile rolling left righteyes2

nightfire
My mom says people do that show they have no life and having babies ends up being their greatest and only accomplishment in life.

I agree with her. smiling smiley

Your Mom is smart. smiling smiley
October 24, 2013
Moms who reply this way to achievements that are clearly leagues away from their own mommy life are really talking to themselves. "Well, I know stuff, too! I do!! No one notices it because it's buried under a mound of shitty diapers and junior soccer equipment, is all!"

They're just trying to reassure themselves. And looking pretty damn ridiculous in the process.
October 24, 2013
If I wanted to feel exceptional, I wouldn't pick an accomplishment that would make me one of 5 billion* equally impressive people. By contrast, only four people have ever won two Nobel prizes.

* Based on an estimate of 100 billion people who ever lived, roughly half of whom are female, and assuming that 1 in 10 survived to adulthood and reproduced.
November 06, 2013
A 21 year old with a Ph.D. in Neuroscience? First, congrats, Kara. And how did you do it? The only way I can think is that you started 1st grade at 4, graduated HS at 16, took your first 2 years of college during your last 2 years of high school, earned your 3 year Bachelor Of Science at 17, and finally did your final 4 years the normal way. How intense!
November 07, 2013
What's funny is there's a local mommy blogger here in Massachusetts whose blog I actually enjoy reading. She talks about her life as a parent in a funny and lighthearted way. She is also a PR executive and often posts on social media about her tech clients. She also frequently mentions her husband, posts fun family photos and will post things like "breakfast my husband made for me." Her blog is very successful and has been reposted on Huffpost and other places. She and a coworker recently wrote on Twitter and Facebook about how awful "mommyjacking" was and how loathsome it is to insult and co-opt others' achievements.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login