Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Female pilot gets sexist note from asshole

Posted by danity 
Female pilot gets sexist note from asshole
March 06, 2014
http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2014/03/06/female-westjet-pilot-slams-fliers-sexist-napkin-note/6124227/

Female pilot receives puketastic note off a sexist prick on her flight saying "the cockpit is no place for a woman" and "A woman being a mother is the most honor, not as 'captain.' Were (sic) short on mothers, not pilots WestJet. Proverbs 31. Sorry not PC."

What a patronizing asshole!

Stupid cunt can't even spell. They should ban him from the airline.
Re: Female pilot gets sexist note from asshole
March 06, 2014
I cannot stand these religious fanatics that want society to run backwards for them. If he has a problem with 2014 and wants to live in the middle-ages he shouldn't be on an airplane anyway. He should get a two-ass cart, one ass in front pulling and him in the back.
March 06, 2014
Of course the media just had to add that captain was a mother. Assholes like the author of that note are really getting on my nerves. There is really no place for shit like that in modern society. Pisses me off.
March 06, 2014
Well, he can go build himself a time machine and go back. He's not needed here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
March 06, 2014
crazy old crone
I cannot stand these religious fanatics that want society to run backwards for them. If he has a problem with 2014 and wants to live in the middle-ages he shouldn't be on an airplane anyway. He should get a two-ass cart, one ass in front pulling and him in the back.

I do wonder, why is it still considered to be OK by a modern society to accept any kind of judgments based on religion? The way I see it, religion is a choice. It can be a life choice or a choice to see something a certain way. But it is still a choice. Why in the world do people still allow "religious preference" to hold any value, that puzzles me.
March 06, 2014
crazy old crone

I would like to applaud everything you said here. It's the twenty first fucking century and women are still having to fight the same battles we faced 60 years ago. Fortunately asshats like that are dying off, but damn it if they're not taking their slow, sweet time doing it.
March 06, 2014
She needed to write: "now I need to prepare for my next flight, because I take my job seriously."

Mentioning she's a mother and that's her most important role just panders to assholes like this.

Women have to stop talking out of both sides of their mouth and going for the "prestige" that being mother offers.

Whether one's womb had a passenger at one time should not be relevant to any discussion about competence.
March 06, 2014
It takes a lot of time, luck, education, talent, intelligence, and money to be a pilot Not any junior high school drop out with a room temperature IQ can do it.

Whenever 'm at walmart, all I see is brats and loafs. Oh right forgot, but still kyds are still everywhere no matter where you go i.e. restaurants. In my area there is a baybee boom despite the fact that birth rates are falling nation wide. We have too many moos as it is. We don't need anymore broadmares. We need more free thinking/independent women and childfree asexual women :biggrin2 devil with smile
Anonymous User
March 07, 2014
While these cunts and their stupid opinions are irritating, offensive and downright pathetic, they really cannot do a thing about smart,educated women in positions of power. Not a damn thing. The fuckwit probably felt a bit inadequate and jealous when faced with a woman sooooo much more skilled and accomplished than he would ever be. His inadequacy is well placed. Fuckwits like this can spout all the pseudo religious misogynist crap they want,but at the end of the day, this woman will still have one of the best jobs it is possible to have, a damn good wage, a fine standard of living and the knowledge that SHE is the Captain of the situation and SHE is the one in charge.
Stupid wee notes written on napkins by morons are entirely inconsequential at the end of the day.
Whilst my reaction would have been to wipe my nose on the thing, throw it in the trash and call on karma to give the arsehole a dose of herpes, it is always good to expose and shame them.
For the record, the best Flight Instructor I ever had was female. And childfree. There were always jealous twats muttering that she should 'go off and have babies'. Naturally I would always let het know who they were. Airborne humiliation of the offenders usually followed...
They usually shut their stupid mouths and showed some respect thereafter.
She is now an A340 Captain and one of the most senior pilots in her company.
Suck it up, loser boys!
March 07, 2014
Techie
Of course the media just had to add that captain was a mother. Assholes like the author of that note are really getting on my nerves. There is really no place for shit like that in modern society. Pisses me off.

I caught that too, as if they are letting everyone know it's okay to be an airline pilot AND a Moo. Had she been unchilded would it somehow lend credence to the bastard's stupid letter? It's just additional indirect bullshit of the, "Women can have it all!" rhetoric.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
March 07, 2014
kidlesskim
Techie

I caught that too, as if they are letting everyone know it's okay to be an airline pilot AND a Moo. Had she been unchilded would it somehow lend credence to the bastard's stupid letter? It's just additional indirect bullshit of the, "Women can have it all!" rhetoric.eye rolling smiley

Exactly. They are acting as if she was guilty of something, but now that she has shown a mother certificate, charges have been dropped.

To me, she accomplished what she did with hard work - that should have been what mattered.
March 07, 2014
My friend works for that airline, and posted it on fb. In the 90's, we both worked with a woman captain. Smoothest landings. She was imposing, former military, and I think lesbian, not a moo. Not that her sexual orientation mattered, but she was serious, sober. And I would have pitied any fool who tried to cross swords with her. She was utmost professional, and I miss working with her. She rocked. thumbs upwink
March 07, 2014
What bell_flower said. Thank you

I discussed this with my husband and he said that CFers have a more "militant" perspective than the population at large. I just don't get how otherwise pro-choice, pro-equality types (my friends among them) don't see the conflict here. The guy who left the note says that she should stay out of the cockpit and make baybees instead. She responds by saying motherhood is her most important role??? Wow. As if women in the workplace don't get shafted enough because of the perception that women are baybee machines who will put their sprogs ahead of their jobs.
March 07, 2014
If the note was genuine, I agree with all of you.

However! Lately there has been a rash of similarly judgemental notes left on restaurant receipts and in other places that have made national news, only to be unmasked as hoaxes done by the supposed targets, who were attention whoring. The note on the napkin for the pilot might be another hoax. Hard to believe someone is so addled that he/she would write such a pile of shit aimed at the person flying the plane on which he is riding.

And if it is genuine after all, perhaps the feds should be investigating to determine whether the writer will be a potential threat to other female pilots in the future.
March 07, 2014
While the C-5 was turning over its engines, a female crewman gave the
G.I.s on board the usual information regarding seat belts, emergency
exits, etc.

Finally, she said, 'Now sit back and enjoy your trip while your captain,
Judith Campbell, and crew take you safely to Afghanistan '

An old Master Sgt. sitting in the eighth row thought to himself, 'Did I hear
her right? Is the captain a woman? '

When the attendant came by he said 'Did I understand you right? Is the
captain a woman?'

'Yes,'! said the attendant, 'In fact, this entire crew is female.'

'My God,' he said, 'I wish I had two double scotch and sodas. I don't know
what to think with only women up there in the cockpit.'

'That's another thing, Sergeant,' said the crew member, 'We no longer call
it the cockpit'

'It's the Box Office.'

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=55407

real stories

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/all-female-flight-crew-makes-alaska-aviation-history

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/09/first_all_femal.html

The asshole who wrote that note should move to Kandahar
March 07, 2014
I agree with kman.

I just find it hard to believe that this is genuine because it feels far too much like these "offensive notes" left for restaurant workers. I mean if you were an airline pilot, wouldnt you just laugh it off and throw the note away? Would you really even bother speaking to the news media about it?

Furthermore, how did she get the napkin? Did the writer walk up to her in the cockpit and hand it to her? Was the pilot standing with the flight attendents saying goodbye to passengers and he passed her a cocktail napkin which she then read and shared on social media? If he left it at his seat on the plane, i think it would be just thrown out.

What makes me most suspicious is the pilot is a moo and her angle on the story is not "fuck off" but rather insisting to an audience who had no idea who she was prior to this incident, that being a moo is her most important job.
March 10, 2014
Techie
crazy old crone

I do wonder, why is it still considered to be OK by a modern society to accept any kind of judgments based on religion? The way I see it, religion is a choice. It can be a life choice or a choice to see something a certain way. But it is still a choice. Why in the world do people still allow "religious preference" to hold any value, that puzzles me.

Before you cry in your coffee read this!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 11, 2014
embraer135
While these cunts and their stupid opinions are irritating, offensive and downright pathetic, they really cannot do a thing about smart,educated women in positions of power. Not a damn thing. The fuckwit probably felt a bit inadequate and jealous when faced with a woman sooooo much more skilled and accomplished than he would ever be. His inadequacy is well placed. Fuckwits like this can spout all the pseudo religious misogynist crap they want,but at the end of the day, this woman will still have one of the best jobs it is possible to have, a damn good wage, a fine standard of living and the knowledge that SHE is the Captain of the situation and SHE is the one in charge.
Stupid wee notes written on napkins by morons are entirely inconsequential at the end of the day.
Whilst my reaction would have been to wipe my nose on the thing, throw it in the trash and call on karma to give the arsehole a dose of herpes, it is always good to expose and shame them.
For the record, the best Flight Instructor I ever had was female. And childfree. There were always jealous twats muttering that she should 'go off and have babies'. Naturally I would always let het know who they were. Airborne humiliation of the offenders usually followed...
They usually shut their stupid mouths and showed some respect thereafter.
She is now an A340 Captain and one of the most senior pilots in her company.
Suck it up, loser boys!

Amen, Sister, just...Amen.

Fucking religious fundies of any kind can lick my ass. I am so tired of listening to this misogynistic shit after all these years. And the worst part is the fem-moo-nists are just playing right to the bullshit and too fucking stupid to know it.
March 12, 2014
kman
If the note was genuine, I agree with all of you.

However! Lately there has been a rash of similarly judgemental notes left on restaurant receipts and in other places that have made national news, only to be unmasked as hoaxes done by the supposed targets, who were attention whoring. The note on the napkin for the pilot might be another hoax. Hard to believe someone is so addled that he/she would write such a pile of shit aimed at the person flying the plane on which he is riding.

And if it is genuine after all, perhaps the feds should be investigating to determine whether the writer will be a potential threat to other female pilots in the future.
He left the note on his seat to be found by flight attendants. Who have to walk through the cabin after passengers are gone, in case something got left behind. Cleaning crews just chuck everything in the trash bags. This way, if a threatening item is found, cabin crews are trained to handle the issue.
March 12, 2014
craftyzits
Techie
crazy old crone

Before you cry in your coffee read this!

That dude is into Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster. Not sure what that is all about, but, anything goes, I guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login