Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't You Ignore the Babby Shower Gift Registry!!!

Posted by jezebel_daisy 
Don't You Ignore the Babby Shower Gift Registry!!!
April 25, 2014
We all know the entitlement of the Holy Inpig...and here is just one more example:

http://www.mommyish.com/2014/04/25/ignore-the-baby-shower-registry/

A little sample to get your eyes rolling...

If you think you can slip under the radar by buying whatever you damn well please for an upcoming baby shower, you are dead wrong. Someone will notice, as described on this forum thread:

When my SIL had my neice the same thing happened…no important registery items were bought (sheets, nail clipper set, bottles, etc)…just millions of baby clothes. My neice had a closet full that never got touched. I feel some guests are selfish. I hate when people ignore the registery to get items they think are good ideas or items that catch their eye. If you want to get a baby gift of something cute fine. But showers aren’t cheap to put on and you’re invited to help out with the cost of having a child. If the parents still have to go out and buy their entire registery because you think a newborn sized easter dress is a good idea what did you contribute?

Well Miss Moo - all I have to say is fuck you very much and kiss my CF ass! angry flipping off
Re: Don't You Ignore the Babby Shower Gift Registry!!!
April 25, 2014
Wow. Just wow. The entitlement reeks! If you can't afford to look after your own spawn, don't expect others to do it for you! Greedy breeders can kiss my CF arse too. They ain't gettin' nothin' from me. Not a bottle, blanket or item of clothes. I'll keep my money for me and my feathered family, thanks.
April 25, 2014
To all the entitle-moos: angry flipping off yourselves and your goddamned registries! angry flipping off angry flipping off

(And people wonder why I don't bother with their breeder bullshit...) smile rolling left righteyes2

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
April 25, 2014
LOL. Leave it to a moo to call someone who gives her a gift, selfish. The fact that someone gives her a gift dispels the notion of that person being selfish. Even if someone chose not to give a gift at all, that still would not make a person selfish. Because, after all, no one is required to give another person a GIFT under any circumstances.

Perhaps, instead, the person who makes a list of wants and needs and gives them to others to fulfill is actually the selfish one.

Why is it okay for moo to make a gift-grab list to guilt people into buying her, yet, were I to make a list of my birthday wants and distribute it to friends, family and acquaintances, most people would probably be appalled? And rightfully so I might add.

Perhaps if you can't afford all the bells and whistles for Sprogley yourself, you ought not be having a baybee in the first place.

Mind you, I exempt weddings from the idea of being a "gift grab", because people are generally starting out without all the furnishings of an existing household. Besides that, most wedding gifts will not be destroyed, outgrown or shit on within 6 months.
That line about being invited to help with the cost of child care had me lol'ing.
"If the parents still have to go out and buy their entire registery because you think a newborn sized easter dress is a good idea what did you contribute?"

..........I think that I contributed a newborn-sized Easter dress. So, happy fucking Easter, bitch!
April 25, 2014
cfchevygirl

Why is it okay for moo to make a gift-grab list to guilt people into buying her, yet, were I to make a list of my birthday wants and distribute it to friends, family and acquaintances, most people would probably be appalled? And rightfully so I might add. ...

Mind you, I exempt weddings from the idea of being a "gift grab", because people are generally starting out without all the furnishings of an existing household. Besides that, most wedding gifts will not be destroyed, outgrown or shit on within 6 months.

Why is it okay? The answer is: It's not okay. Adults should not make lists of goods for other people to buy them. The notion that they feel entitled to these gifts is particularly appalling.

Personally I feel like it's not okay for weddings either. Again, adults have no right to ask other adults to furnish their households. So what if they're getting married? I say, fantastic, they will now have two incomes with which to buy the stuff that they need.

There was a time when showers were small and simple affairs featuring a few gifts, some hugs, and some light fare. Weddings at one time were generally simple and tasteful. Now it's nothing but, "Here's the stuff you should buy me! GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!!!"

Generally speaking, if the shit hits the fan in your own life you won't be able to count on these people for dick. And so, I've now reached the point where I see no reason to continue subsidizing those following the LifeScript (TM).
April 25, 2014
Out of curiosity I looked up a random registry on Loaves R Us just to see what the damn thing is. The cheapest item on the damn thing was fifty fucking dollars. These bitches can suck me.
April 25, 2014
jezebel_daisy
We all know the entitlement of the Holy Inpig...and here is just one more example:

http://www.mommyish.com/2014/04/25/ignore-the-baby-shower-registry/

A little sample to get your eyes rolling...

If you think you can slip under the radar by buying whatever you damn well please for an upcoming baby shower, you are dead wrong. Someone will notice, as described on this forum thread:

When my SIL had my neice the same thing happened…no important registery items were bought (sheets, nail clipper set, bottles, etc)…just millions of baby clothes. My neice had a closet full that never got touched. I feel some guests are selfish. I hate when people ignore the registery to get items they think are good ideas or items that catch their eye. If you want to get a baby gift of something cute fine. But showers aren’t cheap to put on and you’re invited to help out with the cost of having a child. If the parents still have to go out and buy their entire registery because you think a newborn sized easter dress is a good idea what did you contribute?

Well Miss Moo - all I have to say is fuck you very much and kiss my CF ass! angry flipping off

The cute Easter dress could be sold on eBay or donated to a charity if it doesn't fit. If it fits, use it. The same goes for any and all the clothes used and unused in your baby's wardrobe (knowing how fast they grow).

My sister got a lot of clothes for her kids that didn't fit because she had big babies. She either passed them around to friends or donated them if and when the didn't fit.

(Edited for clarity)

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 25, 2014
The GREED and ENTITLEMENT - I'd say it's shocking - but NOTHING shocks me about Breeders anymore smile rolling left righteyes2

From the Greedy Bitch List
When in doubt, stick with the registry. As a baby shower guest, it may ruffle your feathers when someone tells you what to do and downright refuses your beautifully handmade baby afghan. Even though the thought counts, trust me on this one—when you go rogue and go off the registry, you’re creating more work for the expectant mom in the long run.

Beautifully Handmade Baby Afghan: I know how to knit and made my one Cousin an Afghan for her expected baby. SHE LOVED! IT!
And everyone at this shower RAVED about it!

And Teh Babby must've liked it because they kept using it for all subsequent babbies.

That's alot of time consuming WORK right there! Only an ASSHOLE wouldn't appreciate such a gift! And, the one I made - I made sure to pick out the correct yarns for a baby, non allergenic, 'safe for baby' - all that. I also included the yarn labels and washing instructions.

And my Cousin LOVED IT! NO ONE ELSE had made one for her, either. This Cousin - AFAIK had NO 'baby shower registry' smile rolling left righteyes2 and most people bought the basics - what a baby would need. And some few extras and 'fun' things - including some fun things for New Mom and Dad - like restaurant gift cards and offers of baby sitting.

My relatives can be flaming assholes at times - but then again, I might have to rethink that - because they're no where near the flaming entitled assholes I read about on these Moo boards. Not even close.

And Cousin and everyone at that shower LOVED my hand knitted Afghan! I know they used it til it wore out, too. My Mom would sometimes babysit their kids - and like 5 years later with the 3rd kid - that kid had this blanket by then. Still in use, still holding up.

ExH's Famblee Crap - first of all I did not really like these people, and I had the idea that the feeling was mutual. I think they thought of me as some kind of Yuppy Snob (I'm not.) In fact all these people had good jobs and money too - but - they were kind of 'redneck trashy' in some ways.
I got dragged to his relatives Famblee crap and for lack of ideas - I bought the kids stuffed animals. Hey - every little kid likes stuffed toys, right?

One time his one Sister confronted me at one of these Famblee Parties and said to me - You know, she (the birthday child) can't have these things because she's allergic. Barked at me in a very huffy tone. Well I've never heard of a child being allergic to stuffed animals, but whatever, I'll take your word for it. I said - I didn't know, give it to one of your other kids then, or donate it. Sidestepped her bitchiness, blew it off, and then - NEVER bothered with these people again. You don't like what I bought you and decided to get bitchy about it? OK. Won't be buying you anything then. The proper thing to have done would've been - say Thank You, do something else with the toy, and leave it at that. How in the hell am I supposed to know your kid has some weird 'allergies'? Orly? Allergic to a high quality stuffed animal? She doesn't seem to be allergic to the clothes she's wearing - likely made of the *same* materials.

And that was THE LAST gift I ever bought those people! And shortly there after I got divorced from the ex. I'm not into these Famblee Drama Games. I have better things to do with my time. And money.

Checking this for typos and remembering this episode - I should've demanded the stuffed toy back. I was too diplomatic about it / was trying to keep the peace at the time. I should've said - you don't want it? Give it back then. And reflecting back - I now suspect that SIL Moo was just being bitchy on purpose and trying to assert some kind of Authority. I know these people didn't like me in general either - because they thought I was too much. Too pretty, better job, too Yuppy, take your pick. IMO she stirred shit over this to try to assert some type of MooThority over me.

Good Fucking RIDDANCE to ALL these assholes!

Divorcing this chump was *the best* thing I EVER did! And his whole asshole Famblee too!
My Jah were these people strange - they had money too - but lived and acted like Rednecks. Strange fucking people. That was one big issue I had with him - his weird Famblee. And he wanted ME to breed and 'go Famblee' and spend more time with them!

NO. HELL NO.
April 26, 2014
Well, the easiest solution I could come up with is to not go to the shower and not bother with a gift at all. If Moo feels so speshul that she can dictate what gifts she can and cannot receive via a registry and then gets bitchy about non-registered gifts, then she is not a friend I would want to have or a friend worth giving a gift to. Even if I were to be so kind as to want to get a gift off the fucking registry, if the Moo-to-be copped this kind f an attitude, she would be getting a whole lot of jack shit from me.

Sometimes people buy outside the registry because the Moo-to-be is a fucktard who doesn't get the difference between wants and needs. They bitch about those horrible guests who bought diapers, sheets, a crib and some onesies when what Moo REALLY wanted was a $2500 stroller with a built-in Keurig, a pair of infant-size sparkly stilettos so baby can go clubbin' with Momma, and a 100-ounce wine glass labeled "Mommy's Sippy Cup." I have seen a few loaf registries and can honestly say NONE of them had any practical baby items at all. It was all stupid, expensive shit.

So if guests buy useful non-registered items, it's probably because the proud wanna-Moo has absolutely nothing her child actually needs on her wish list and the guests don't want the poor kid to go without because Moo is a fuckwit.
April 26, 2014
Fuck this breeder entitlement bullshit. I don't like it for weddings either, but holy crap, this is a new level.

My experience of moos is that they are far too busy playing Farmville and uploading a shit ton of loaf pictures to Fartbook to even say thank you for a gift, so I suppose it's not that surprising. There was an upduffed bint sat nextto me in the salon the other day when I got my nails done, and she was whinging about people giving her too many newborn size clothes and what about if the baby is too big for them? I wanted to tell her just be fucking grateful anyone gives you anything, bitch. Baby showers never even used to be done over here, because it's considered rather vulgar to be a gift grabbing entitletwunt and hold a party just to get bought shit. Or it used to be, until all the celeb moorons started doing it.

I have no obligation whatsoever to help with the cost of raising anybody's brat. If anyone ever sends me a loaf shower registry they will get big fat nothing for their trouble, or perhaps just to irritate the fuck out of them I might make a charity donation on behalf of the unborn loaf, just to remind Moo that there are folk on this earth who are too busy just fucking trying to survive and would be grateful just to have a supply of clean water, never mind your stupid "GIMME" list. Fuck moos and their never-ending first world problem bullshit.
April 26, 2014
It's just shocking to me that these moos demand and demand and get so pissy when people care enough to get them something. I refuse to participate. As many of you have already said - if you are counting on these showers (AKA gift grabs) to "fund" your baby YOU SHOULDN'T BE HAVING ONE!!
April 26, 2014
cfchevygirl
Mind you, I exempt weddings from the idea of being a "gift grab", because people are generally starting out without all the furnishings of an existing household.

True, but it's still your responsibility to buy your own furnishings if you're planning on living on your own... So yep, a gift grab it is.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
April 26, 2014
As someone who knows nuthin' 'bout babies and doesn't want to know anything, I'm grateful for the registry. Otherwise, I'd be calling other people (or just flat out ask the mother-to-be) "what the hell am I supposed to buy for this thing?"

However ....

I can tell a need from a wish, and I'm not buying any wishful presents. Bottles, binkies, diapers? Sure. But don't expect me to buy or throw in a contribution towards a stroller than turns into a Transformer, or any nonsense like that. If the registry is made up of flim-flam stuff or is a list of items that I can't afford, I'll be going off the list and will buy something that appears sensible and truly needed. And I better not hear a squawk. An invitation and request for a gift is not an obligation. Show some manners, accept the gift in the spirit it was offered and then do whatever you like with it.

Understanding the real roots of a wedding or baby shower; that the idea originated long-long-long ago, marking marriage and motherhood as a rite of passage; I have no objection to these ceremonies as long as they are held in the true spirit of marking a major change in that person's life and not merely as a gift grab.
April 26, 2014
I don't pay attention to a wedding registry either.. especially when the couple is in their 30's and he has a house and she had an apt and they merged all their stuff into his house. they freekin HAVE everything... I'd rather give something personal or write them a check.
April 26, 2014
They ignored the condom aisle, so I ignored their gift registry.
April 26, 2014
Some people do buy gifts that are about the giver. KidlessKim has related some of the gifts she's received from relatives and inlaws that are things that person would like to receive, rather than anything that she would want. I would agree those kinds of gifts are selfish; they're usually given out of a sense of obligation and require that the giver put no thought at all into what the recipient might like.

But other gifts are bought with a genuine intent to get something nice, its just that the giver's perception of what the recipient might like is somewhat incorrect. In this case, it's no different from how the giver thought the recipient would accept the gift gracefully, but was completely wrong on that point, too. It's pure entitlement to get annoyed over this type of gift rather than politely thanking the person and quietly regifting the unwanted object.

I think it's usually pretty clear which of the two scenarios has taken place. Whenever the recipient is moaning about getting "x instead of y" it's a case of entitlement. In the first situation, if the recipient complains, it's usually to say that she wishes that person would listen to her when she says "No gifts, please." Being disappointed about the waste and being disappointed about the lack of some desired item are two completely different ways of thinking about an unwanted gift.

I actually do keep a list of what I want, for people who fall in the second category of wanting to get me something I'd like, but not really having a good idea of what that would be, and being aware of this gap. I usually try to promote not getting me anything at all, but if someone insists, there's the list (which has plenty of $10 items on it as well as more expensive things).
Shiny
They ignored the condom aisle, so I ignored their gift registry.

spewing water due to laughing spewing water due to laughing spewing water due to laughing spewing water due to laughing spewing water due to laughing spewing water due to laughing spewing water due to laughing spewing water due to laughing

FUCKER! You owe me a new keyboard, Shiny! Hahahahaha!
April 26, 2014
What I hate is these people who put all these big ticket items on their list. Usually moo is 8 months or so along in the pregnancy. I think these people should already have all the things they NEED like the baybee bed or crib, car seat or other furniture or gear. Either the happy couple or close family members should be buying that. Expecting shower guests to furnish the nursery witb a $3000 Pretty Pretty Princess bed and all the equally pricey accessories is both entitled and manipulative. I feel the same way about couples who expect me to help pay for the honeymoon they booked but can't afford as of the day before the wedding. And these people alwys have no cheaper items on the list or say they only want funds for their vacation. Neither babies or honeymoons happen with no prior notice. I'm not paying for stuff people should plan for, and if needed, get something cheaper.
April 26, 2014
Dorisan
Understanding the real roots of a wedding or baby shower; that the idea originated long-long-long ago, marking marriage and motherhood as a rite of passage; I have no objection to these ceremonies as long as they are held in the true spirit of marking a major change in that person's life and not merely as a gift grab.

Throughout my entire life, I have been extremely low-income.
I deeply resent that I am expected to subsidize other people's "rite's of passage" with ever more expensive gifts, but none of my life choices are celebrated or gifted by any of them.
Years ago, I decided to entirely skip out out of that system which seems entirely rigged on behalf of the breeders.
April 26, 2014
Aren't you men of Bratfree grateful that you don't have to wade through baby-shower bullshit?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 26, 2014
Miss_Hannigan
Aren't you men of Bratfree grateful that you don't have to wade through baby-shower bullshit?

Part of the problem is that it isn't just a single baby shower anymore.

The entitled moo of today expects:
- engagement gifts (family, cow-orkers, church, friends, etc)
- several bridal showers (family, cow-orkers, church, friends, etc)
- stag and doe donations (family, cow-orkers, church, friends, etc)
- elaborate wedding gifts (family, cow-orkers, church, friends, etc)
- anniversary gifts (family, cow-orkers, church, friends, etc)
- re-commitment ceremony (family, cow-orkers, church, friends, etc)
- multiple baby showers (family, cow-orkers, church, friends, etc) for each kids, plus presents for the already existing kids, so they do not feel left out.
- babymoon present from husband
- push present from husband
- annual birthday gifts for each kid (family, cow-orkers, church, friends, etc)
- graduation gifts for each kid (preschool, grade school, junior high, highschool, college) (family, cow-orkers, church, friends, etc)

When the couple expects me (and 20-300 other people) to contribute to each of their life milestones, I get pissed off.
This is especially the case for me when their income is 10 -20 times mine, but I am expected to subsidize their life (milestones ) on a frequent basis, but there is absolutely zero reciprocity.
April 26, 2014
I hate baby showers almost as much as I hate babies. I've stopped going to them, but I'm still tempted to send a box of condoms as a gift, particularly when I get an invitation from someone I barely know who was clearly inviting everyone they've ever met to get as many presents as possible.
April 27, 2014
Everything has to be so politically correct nowadays yet manners have gone out the window. There are so many entitled jackasses who either give you a lukewarm thank you or maybe nothing at all. I was taught to accept whatever you're given, smile and give a sincere thank you. Oh, and send a thank you note.

If you can't afford the basics for your kid, then maybe you shouldn't have any. Or put it off until you can. eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login