Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos worry about their loaves dating futures

Posted by aliceblue 
Moos worry about their loaves dating futures
April 28, 2014
Over at Moomyish is this "brilliant" piece, You Will Do Your Kids a Disservice if You Don't Encourage Them to Date." Now I doubt that it is really hard to get kids to date WHEN THEY ARE READY but I could see it truning out really bad if they kid is ready yet. And, if this is not bad enough, check the comments where one moo worries about "what if I twin is popular and the other has no friends?" and another thinks it is so cute that Duh is OK with son dating but won't let his princess date until she is 18. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools If that isn't enough to make you upchuck on your keyboard read all the "moms of boys" talking about how they'll never let them go. They are trying to be funny but you can tell they mean about 70% of it. two faces puking

URL
http://www.mommyish.com/2014/04/28/teens-start-dating/
Re: Moos worry about their loaves dating futures
April 28, 2014
Nobody will want to date her 16 year old still titfed, gluten-free, unvaccinated, on the spectrum cosleeping sneauxflayke. Really, I don't think parents should be encouraging or discouraging dating. The precious loaf should be 15 or 16 when this is an issue. Some kids don't want romantic relationships at that age so they hang out as friends, some kids may be homosexual or transgender but aren't comfortable coming out yet, some people are asexual and some people just don't find anybody in their limited circle attractive and are eager to move on. Blech. These AP moos are nasty.
April 28, 2014
evilchildlessbitch
Nobody will want to date her 16 year old still titfed, gluten-free, unvaccinated, on the spectrum cosleeping sneauxflayke. Really, I don't think parents should be encouraging or discouraging dating. The precious loaf should be 15 or 16 when this is an issue. Some kids don't want romantic relationships at that age so they hang out as friends, some kids may be homosexual or transgender but aren't comfortable coming out yet, some people are asexual and some people just don't find anybody in their limited circle attractive and are eager to move on. Blech. These AP moos are nasty.

Sexualization should come without parental pressure.

But of course in this day in age of overinvolved attachment parents and gigantic proms and other "rites of passage," we can't avoid the nonsense and pressuring of young people.
April 29, 2014
There's a difference between letting a teen date and encouraging them to date, which can be annoying if they don't want to. There are a lot of reasons why kids will not want to date in high school and it's not Mommy's place to make them. Why is this even a concern now? I get planning for the future, but dating is not essential. Worry about it when the kid has hit puberty and if or when they show interest in dating.

What will this moron do if her son doesn't want to date, or dates a girl Moo doesn't approve of? Because if she's already getting herself all moist about her widdle man dating, you know she's got an idea of a girlfriend already built up in her mind and she'll make him dump and girl that doesn't meet her standards. Or what if Junior is gay or bi and wants to date another boy? Will Moo force him to date girls or take him to therapy to make teh ghey go away? What if he just doesn't want to date at all? Maybe none of the girls he meets are ones he wants to be with. And you KNOW Moo will be pushing him to propose to any girl he goes on more than one date with.

And since I'm sure she's making her child good and whipped, I wouldn't be surprised if she gave permission for him to marry before turning 18 and he'll marry the first girl he brings home. No quality control, just as long as he's got a woman that Mommy approves of. Then will come the demands for grandshits. It is not sane or healthy to start thinking about your child's dating life when the kid still is still shitting his pants. I wonder what Duh thinks of his wife's obsession with their son's future love life. Shouldn't she be paying more attention to what happens to her husband's cock rather than her son's?
April 29, 2014
Cambion
There's a difference between letting a teen date and encouraging them to date, which can be annoying if they don't want to. There are a lot of reasons why kids will not want to date in high school and it's not Mommy's place to make them. Why is this even a concern now? I get planning for the future, but dating is not essential. Worry about it when the kid has hit puberty and if or when they show interest in dating.

I didn't date in high school, partially because I wasn't interested in dating, and because there was nobody around me I was all that interested in getting to know better. In addition, dating at my high school was unofficially off limits to anyone buy cheerleaders and jocks.

I agree with you about letting vs encouraging, if they are interested and the parent thinks they have the maturity to handle it, let them do it, but don't push them. It's my belief that sometimes the best way to get a kid not to do something is to try and force it on them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login