Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brats As Defense Mechanism

Posted by law 
Brats As Defense Mechanism
April 25, 2014
After my experiences this past helladay season (which no doubt induced a form of PTSD), I got to thinking about whether or not people would have kyds and then not bother to discipline them as a way of keeping family, friends, and others at a distance.

In other words, if you can't be bothered to do the work of maintaining friendships and relationships anymore, wouldn't a good way to keep everyone at arms' length be to shackle yourself to some loser and have a couple of ill-bred screamers that all act like they were raised by wolves? Surely not a single close friend would want to call you up regularly for wine-soaked commisserations and girls nights out; surely no friends would continue to invite you out at all or want to be around you anymore. What better way to alienate people around you then to marry an abusive, idiotic boor and produce idiotic boorish offspring with him?

Of course the average breeder doesn't possess the self-awareness to realize that they've made a shitshow of their life to avoid intimacy with others.

Double points for claiming OTHERS are the problem!

Your thoughts?
Re: Brats As Defense Mechanism
April 25, 2014
I think it's pure laziness on the parent's part. They couldn't be arsed to raise their brats, and they eventually lose all contact with their friends. They use that tired old line, "Kyds will be kyds" as a way of deflecting their problem onto everyone else. They expect their friends and famblee to tolerate their brats, because they're kyds and everyone should worship the ground they walk on.

Breederific, child-centered society, and we are outnumbered! :scr
Anonymous User
April 25, 2014
I never thought about it from that angle. I guess it's because they have a hard time thinking about consequences, which is why they have children in the first place, usually with people who also shouldn't be parents. I have only seen breeders using their children as pawns and as excuses for laziness, daftness, etc.
April 25, 2014
Most of the people that I have known who had terrible spouses and children simply fell into their situations out of lack of thinking and laziness.

They had no real thought of obtaining a worthy spouse or developing an interesting life.

Becoming a parent was a default and they put little to no effort into any aspect of their lives.

Really listening to any of these people talk about their lives is a frightening experience.
April 25, 2014
I don't know. I've never thought about it like that either, but breeders are always looking for someone to dump the kids on. Why would they intentionally alienate all the free babysitters? Like MO6B said, I think it's just straight-up laziness. They expect us to smooch the ground they all walk upon and never ever question their parenting or the kids' behavior. There are no social rules for them to abide by (as far as they feel), so they have no reason to try and make their kids act like civilized human beings. The kids are the breeders' excuse for everything: not bathing, not arriving on time, not sleeping, being fat, not keeping engagements or dinner dates, not taking care of themselves, "needing" days off, etc.
April 26, 2014
I am in agreement with you all (although I think lack of discipline has to do with both laziness and child worship; IE we can't punish Junior because it might make Junior have a sadz and JUNIOR MUST NEVER HAVE A SAD EVER!!!), here is an article that states defense mechanisms are largely unconscious.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/15-common-defense-mechanisms/0001251

Reaction Formation?

What I mean by the original post is that unconscious motivations to keep others out of your life may be a contributing factor to turning your life into a swamp of bullshit that no one wants to be involved in.

Of course these are just my random thoughts.

More: http://www.becomeselfaware.com/articles/41-how-your-belief-in-the-need-for-safety-undermines.html
April 30, 2014
I never thought about this angle either.

I think some (not all) parents get so involved with their kids that they really don't care about anything else. They don't give a toss that their little hellspawn are the reason why they have no friends, because their life is all about the children and what the children want. Anything else is secondary.
April 30, 2014
Most people have kids because It's What You Do. Society smiles upon you and pats you on the head. The fact that It's What You Do happens to also be the path of least resistance sure as hell doesn't hurt. For most hetero couples, having kids takes zero work--they're having sex anyway, just ditch the birth control. Pregnancy eventually ensues. Some do figure out that they can play the babies n kids card to get out of obligations and avoid people. But I don't think it's a defense mechanism.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login