Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacher makes bomb threat at school

Posted by Dorisan 
Teacher makes bomb threat at school
May 03, 2014
First snarky thought: "well, here's someone who really hates their profession." Another article said that she had been cited for harassing phone calls on 2007 and 2008, so I'm leaning toward mental defect (something her lawyer will likely plead).

LINK

And the fact that she's a special ed teacher? I wonder what the burnout rate is for those folks these days? That has to be a stressful line of work. The story will probably unfold, but I wonder if she had to deal with one too many parents who didn't like the way she dealt with their speshul angel tard?
Re: Teacher makes bomb threat at school
May 03, 2014
Dorisan

And the fact that she's a special ed teacher? I wonder what the burnout rate is for those folks these days? That has to be a stressful line of work. The story will probably unfold, but I wonder if she had to deal with one too many parents who didn't like the way she dealt with their speshul angel tard?

Everyone has their breaking point.
Anonymous User
May 03, 2014
^ I agree.

There is a limit where you can't take the bullshit any longer.
May 03, 2014
She lost it when she got shit thrown at her one too many times.
May 05, 2014
I feel sorry for her, her life in that job was probably hell and she eventually lost it and totally broke down, unable to think rationally.

A rational person might fantasize about something like this, but would know that actually doing it would simply destroy their lives forever.
May 05, 2014
StudioFiftyFour
Dorisan

Everyone has their breaking point.

Yeah, but all you have to do is say "I quit" and be done with it. There's no need to threaten anyone to get out of your job.
May 05, 2014
skyeyes

Yeah, but all you have to do is say "I quit" and be done with it. There's no need to threaten anyone to get out of your job.

I'm not endorsing this kind of behavior. This person might be totally deranged and a danger to all of us. Obviously the best case scenario is that this was a case of temporary insanity.

But keep in mind she was employed for 11 years. I don't think this is something she just decided to do on a whim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login