Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Turning skin cells into sperm

Posted by yurble 
Turning skin cells into sperm
May 02, 2014
New from the Franken-doctors who brought you uterus transplants and IVF, it's a bold approach to addressing the world's desperate semen shortage.

With this advance, it isn't only infertile women who can pass on their stellar genes to the next generation. Let's hear it for these brave researchers, for without them we would waste precious moments in our quest to reach 8 billion people.
Re: Turning skin cells into sperm
May 02, 2014
Well of course, because we are running out of human beings in this world so fast!!!

And the call us "selfish".

I wonder what would happen if the money from this research was "wasted" on something like cancer? Naw, can't do that, might save an adult instead of making a franken-bay bay.
May 02, 2014

"Being able to efficiently convert skin cells into sperm would allow this group to become biologic fathers," said Michael Eisenberg, director of male reproduction and surgery at Stanford, who was not involved in the study. "Infertility is one of the most common and devastating complications of cancer treatments, especially for young boys and men."

No infertility is a benefit of chemo. You survive cancer at a young age you deserve to be CF, that is the upside. But of course the masses see it differently, if the guy can't breed he couldn't get himself a moo cow breeder wife and that is a tragedy.

In the UK, the use of artificially created sperm to make babies is banned. But sperm made through this technique – where converted skin cells are grown into sperm in the men's testes – may be legal to use as they are created inside the body.

It MAY be legal, that's nice. Let's just find a loophole to create more Frankentard babbbies.
May 02, 2014
I read recently about research about growing other cells to be neurons (it's not there yet, but fascinating stuff), and I thought about how it might help people with brain injuries, Parkinson's, etc.

But of course someone had to decide that we should use this tech to make more people.

Cuz, ya know, there's a shortage of us. Sigh.
May 02, 2014
Guys with fuck-buddies, watch out! Be suspicious if you wake up to your insignificant other standing over you with a loofah. And you thought you only had to worry about flushing the condom to get rid of your potential "deposit." waving hellolarious

On a serious note, if wanna-breeds can't fucking reproduce without Frankensteinian medical intervention, you just fucking were not meant to. And a big Fuck You from those of us who could only dream of natural sterility!
May 02, 2014
cfchevygirl
Guys with fuck-buddies, watch out! Be suspicious if you wake up to your insignificant other standing over you with a loofah. And you thought you only had to worry about flushing the condom to get rid of your potential "deposit." waving hellolarious

On a serious note, if wanna-breeds can't fucking reproduce without Frankensteinian medical intervention, you just fucking were not meant to. And a big Fuck You from those of us who could only dream of natural sterility!
smile rolling left rightsmileMr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou:yr
The Loofah Oopser Monster. Run, dont walk away from her. Stealing teh sperm of good men everywhere.
May 02, 2014
Although I don't think we should be encouraging people to breed...

The science geek in me finds this really interesting!
May 02, 2014

"Infertility is one of the most common and devastating complications of cancer treatments, especially for young boys and men."

I fail to see why that's a bad thing. If someone has cancer, there's a good chance their offspring could develop cancer too. Leave it up to a breederific world to decide to make fake sperm. Of ALLLLLLLL the problems we have and all the things we could devote research to, THIS is what money is being spent on.

From a scientific standpoint, yes, it's fascinating how sperm could be made from skin cells, and applying this to other kinds of cells would have major health benefits. But frankly, I think that not only should IVF be banned worldwide, but no more fuckin' infertility drugs or research until the population goes down by a billion or two. Let's work on making life a little better for the people already here before throwing more sorry bastards onto the overpopulation funeral pyre.
May 03, 2014
yurble
New from the Franken-doctors who brought you uterus transplants and IVF, it's a bold approach to addressing the world's desperate semen shortage.

Thankfully we are addressing semen supplies and IVF, first.

After all, how can we solve the issues like declining supply of freshwater, soil erosion, climate change, and the energy crisis WITHOUT having billions more people on the planet to work on these problems?!? smile rolling left righteyes2
May 03, 2014
crazy old crone
I wonder what would happen if the money from this research was "wasted" on something like cancer? Naw, can't do that, might save an adult instead of making a franken-bay bay.

Whose money is wasted on this research anyway? They need to stop wasting money on foolish research.How exactly is turning skin cells into sperm is going to benefit the human race?
May 09, 2014
WTF? This is just insane! In a world with 7-plus BILLION people, this is about as useful as tits on a bull!
May 09, 2014
Why wouldn't somebody who wants to breed just freeze sperm before the cancer treatment?
May 09, 2014
'World's desperate semen shortage?" Are they kidding me? There's a ton of men willing to sleep with just about anything that moves, so how can there be a shortage?

Unless men worldwide are running low on their 'white gold' then they aren't looking hard enough.

"Alright men, get pumping! The women of the world are depending on you!"
May 09, 2014
What's next? Creating method for human to reproduce vegetatively?
Awesome. sarcastic clapping
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login