Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy International Childfree Day!

Posted by lauracarroll 
Happy International Childfree Day!
August 01, 2014
Hope you do something celebratory today! Check out the winners of the 2014 Childfree Woman & Man of the Year, and a Lifetime Contribution award...we received some great nominations of amazing childfree people and their lives! http://internationalchildfreeday.com/
Re: Happy International Childfree Day!
August 01, 2014
YEHHHH! Nova Scotia guy!! NS is my second home and this is why I am cheering.

Well, I guess I will spend this CF day just doing what I want, when I want, which I can do because I am CHILDFREEEEE ! (at my age it is more like Grandchildfree.. which I would have if I wasn't childfree) Anyhow...I am just free to be me.

Have a happy one all my CF friends!!
August 01, 2014
Working a 24 hour. :bawl

I didn't know it was Int'l CF Day. Awesome. grinning smiley Thanks for the well-wishes.

Haha, Happy CF day everyone! :bal

I'll just be on the phone lines like usual, doing a little housework and then settling down with some beers later on in the evening.
August 01, 2014
Been doing overnight shifts, so I'm taking today as a comp time day. Spent the morning taking a nice long walk, and I'll be sewing for much of the afternoon. Tonight is beer and pizza with a convention planning meeting.

Happy International Childfree Day, everyone! :beer
August 01, 2014
hana
Been doing overnight shifts, so I'm taking today as a comp time day. Spent the morning taking a nice long walk, and I'll be sewing for much of the afternoon. Tonight is beer and pizza with a convention planning meeting.

Are you going to a fan convention? If so, which one (if you don't mind me asking)? I'll be going to Dragon*Con later on this month. XD

JayJay
hana

Are you going to a fan convention? If so, which one (if you don't mind me asking)? I'll be going to Dragon*Con later on this month. XD

I'm going to Capclave, small fan run convention in the Washington DC area. I can pm you information if you like. Went to Dragon*Con in 2007 and had a great time. Hope you have fun there.
Anonymous User
August 01, 2014
I will have to do some cleaning today, but otherwise, i had a nice breakfast with the girls from my science lab. Later i will relax by drawing some things. I heard something about a firework in Vancouver? Gotta check this out too..

have a nice day everyone!
August 01, 2014
hana
JayJay
hana

I'm going to Capclave, small fan run convention in the Washington DC area. I can pm you information if you like. Went to Dragon*Con in 2007 and had a great time. Hope you have fun there.

Oh no, you don't have to PM me. Capclave sounds awesome. grinning smiley That's cool that you went to D*C. I friggin' love D*C. Thanks for the well-wishes. I hope you have a blast, too. grinning smiley

Even if you have to work etc., even if it is for just a moment, find a way to toast yourself and all those you think are awesome childfree!
August 01, 2014
Nothing special for me although I always look foward to the change in months because that is when new money magically appears in my bank account to cover my expenses (I am an early retiree in large part to being CF).
August 01, 2014
Thanks for noting this date, I didn't know about it!

In retrospect, I guess the entire day was courtesy of being childfree.

I flew back overnight to the UK from vacationing in the States 'in the forward cabin' as they say. After making full use of the lounge in which the youngest occupant was aged 20, I breezed past the boarding gate line that was taking 'passengers with special requirements'. In other words it was clogged 40 yards deep with anxious economy class parents all squashing mewling, kicking, squirming babies to their chests with one hand and clutching 72 kilos of funky, stinky, spit-slicked kinder-crap with the other. They were all desperately goggle-eyed hopeful of being allowed on board now now now now now, obviously, because those overhead lockers were obviously invented for mommies and daddies weren't they. Don't want no solo grownups to be given the opportunity to insert their airline-mandated 'one carry on' into the overhead when that space could be put to so much better use as a temporary home for little Taylor's toys. Hey her Elmo 1 and Elmo 2 (bought when Elmo 1 went MIA for four days back in November 2013), along with the near-complete set of Disney Princesses (Jasmine's death-by-neighbour-dog still induces tears), three different Laugh n Learns and old Chestnut 'hobby horse with sounds' can't all have seats to themselves can they! So, you know, those overheads need cramming NOW PLEASE AND FAST. Felt a delightful frisson of schadenfreude breezing along the inside lane without a moment's pause past 16 Family Circuses clogging up other people's lives, to have my passport and boarding pass discreetly snapped up immediately by ground crew and being ushered onto the jetway ahead of that mess. Phew. Enjoyed four glasses of champagne, one of port. Entire flight, from check-in desk to exiting the terminal at the other end, was completely unsullied. Journey airport-to-home likewise. I got home and took a nap. Did a phone interview for a new job. Then took another nap. Then went shopping. Then had a spur of the moment 1-hour thai massage. Came home to a bottle of chilled white. Now reflecting on International Childfree Day how very sad and lonely our lives are. :-)

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
August 01, 2014
Happy Childfree Day, everyone! grinning smiley

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)

August 01, 2014
Worked all day but right now I'm enjoying a slice of cherry pie to celebrate.
August 01, 2014
I signed the papers on a new apartment. I will have my own private courtyard! I can finally let my pur go ourside with me and not be worried about bad things happening to her.
August 01, 2014
I'm just sitting here, watching Trainspotting... grinning smiley

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
August 01, 2014
Got my braces adjusted today--which most people my age are getting for their kyds. Now sitting here with my cat and enjoying the fact I can sleep in tomorrow if I want, even though it's Saturday. Happy Childfree Day, all!:sw

It takes a child to raze a village.
August 02, 2014
darkerthanblack
I will have to do some cleaning today, but otherwise, i had a nice breakfast with the girls from my science lab.

Yay, another scientist! I spent the day getting some beautiful new data, and that was far more satisfying than sitting around at home in between cleaning up shit and piss and puke! Hope you all had a good day, CF peeps!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login