Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Germ Vector alert:kyd

Posted by aliceblue 
Germ Vector alert:kyd
September 08, 2014
Apparently schools across the country have become giant petri dishes as the germy little shits touch everything with their sticky, saliva & mucus covered paws and breed viruses. Thankfully they seem to be infect mostly other loaves but anyone with respiratory problems may want to increase their loaf-avoidance strategies.

I like the first comment on the ABC page
There's nothing exotic about Enterovirus 68.
It's been circulating for decades. And there have been previous outbreaks.
Why is there an outbreak now?
Because school started this week. And kids typically pick their noses and don't cover their faces when they sneeze or cough. Kids are the Typhoid Marys of upper respiratory infections.
Homeschooling is starting to look a lot better.

but unfortunately some home-school nut & friends are ranting/trolling. There was also coverage at CNN and that one turn into a vaccination mess and is no longer taking comments. Fox comments are blaming the kids from Mexico.
Re: Germ Vector alert:kyd
September 09, 2014
There is something going around at work. One of the managers is sick. Many customers have been buying cold medicine. I'm all like it's cold season already. Even a couple of my co-workers said that they were out sick. I try to remember my halo spray before I start my shift. I woke up with a mild sore throat, so I'm hoping it's dry throat. At least I have a supply of Zicam spray handy.
September 09, 2014
I keep away from kids as much as fucking possible. And this is why.
September 09, 2014
catharsist

No shit. The few times I've been sick as an adult it's always been after exposure to sick kids - never sick adults.

Seriously, I don't know why they don't just use kids as biological weapons. Forget actually going to the trouble of weaponising pathogens - just drop a clutch of coughing, hacking, sneezing toddlers in the area and watch as everyone is taken down!

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

September 09, 2014
There are two main viruses that cause the common cold--rhinovirus in the winter and enterovirus in the summer. Enterovirus is generally less severe but lasts MUCH longer.

Not sure what's different about this version, but I'm glad it's confined to brats. For now. When the mutant stomach bugs start circulating, then I'll panic for realz.
September 09, 2014
strange aeons
catharsist

No shit. The few times I've been sick as an adult it's always been after exposure to sick kids - never sick adults.

Seriously, I don't know why they don't just use kids as biological weapons. Forget actually going to the trouble of weaponising pathogens - just drop a clutch of coughing, hacking, sneezing toddlers in the area and watch as everyone is taken down!

I've gotten colds etc from kids at work. The two things I've exposed to at work that could have killed me were from recreational drug users. The violence, mostly parents.

What I had was a dry throat thank goodness. My brother caught this virus too from high school.
September 11, 2014
This is what I believe will bring the end of our species.. Not a zombie apocalypse, not a nuclear war. A major outbreak spread by snot-miners. They are everywhere, and most people do not acknowledge their virulence, "they're just kids". And kids are unicorns and rainbows. Dunce cap
September 11, 2014
thom_c
strange aeons
catharsist

I've gotten colds etc from kids at work. The two things I've exposed to at work that could have killed me were from recreational drug users. The violence, mostly parents.

I've got no trouble believing that, unfortunately.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

September 11, 2014
Anytime I get any sort of coughing/sniffling illness anymore, it's ALWAYS after I've been near someone's goddamn kids. Some months back when I was on a Greyhound heading home, someone's little cunt-muffin in the very back of the bus sneezed nonstop for the two hours I was on that bus. Big shock, I was sick the next day despite popping Vitamin C like it was candy. At the local game store, anytime someone brings in their kids, I get sick within 72 hours. And I am in no way immuno-compromised either.

It's always just kids that get me sick. I'd bet an adult with strep could spit down my throat and I'd be just fine, but if a kid with no visible symptoms is within ten feet of me, my head feels like stomped shit in a matter of days. I'm still recovering from some gawd-knows-what virus that I got three weeks ago - the cough is lingering and I have a bad headache. Guess when I started feeling sick? After I was around someone's kid at the game store. I've been sick several times this year already, and each time I think was due to kids. I never got sick this often when I was in college and crammed in a room with 5 other people.

Kids incubate some seriously nasty shit. I think when they sneeze and slobber all over each other, THEY become immune to whatever is in their system and get little more than a few sniffles. Then they wipe their snots and drool on communal surfaces and that's when the adults get sick. Boy I tell you, if you ever want to kill someone, give them a couple rounds of chemo and lock them in a room with a toddler. I fully agree that kids could be biological weapons. They could easily wipe out entire towns.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login