Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baby Dies On Luggage Carousel In Spain

Posted by MerlynHerne 
Baby Dies On Luggage Carousel In Spain
September 19, 2013
How the HELL do you forget a baby is on the luggage carousel?! Of course there is all the crap that boils down to "the moo has suffered enough" Uh-huh. . What about the baby? PNA perhaps? You decide.

Baby Dies on Luggage Carousel In Spain
Re: Baby Dies On Luggage Carousel In Spain
September 19, 2013
Yep, a PNA sad smiley I know breeder recklessness and stupidity are unprecedented but some of these 'accidents' are pretty much finishing some unfinished business.
September 19, 2013
Well, that's a new method. Let me guess, the mother only looked away for one second, right?

ETA: I read through some of the other reports on this, and they're saying the idiot put her son on the conveyor belt while it wasn't moving, but it was turned on while he was still on it. Sounds like he was crushed to death.

So when can we expect to see a safety campaign similar to those designed to remind stupid people everywhere that they shouldn't leave their kids to broil to death in hot cars?
September 19, 2013
Just like we need a campaign to tell parents to keep their kids away from African Painted Dogs.
September 20, 2013
What a horribly stupid thing to do. I think moo should get the same 'ride' she gave her loaf.
September 20, 2013
Of course if the nanny or sitter had done something like this moo, duh, and the media would be calling for the death penalty. Burns me up (as well as the lil' sizzlers) when breeders expect that people they hire will do so much better than the breeders would do.
September 20, 2013
Every airport I've ever been to has signs saying you're not supposed to get on the baggage carousel, and many have announcements to the same effect, plus a blaring sound and flashing lights when it starts up.

My sympathy is with those who suffered: the other passengers who probably missed their appointments because they had to wait hours to get their luggage. No sympathy whatsoever for the idiot who deserves manslaughter charges at a minimum. (Of course the loaf suffered quite a bit in its last few moments, but my sympathy for it is historic, as it cannot suffer any more now.)
Anonymous User
September 20, 2013
Classic PNA. Flying from Gatwick to Alicante is not a long haul flight, two hours top. Not only did this moo subject everyone at the airport to the sight of Crushleigh but no doubt for the whole of the sleazyjet flight the thing shrieked and squawked. Especially as they touched down just after 23:00, so they probably left LGW at around 20:00 which is far too late to for any infant. So it's not as if she was jetlagged and feeling out of it.

The more I read about this, the more deliberate the act becomes. Moo only looked away for a secondTM and Crushleigh was caught between the rollers. Plus Duh was on the other side of arrivals waiting for Moo. Likewise Moo was travelling with an older child.

I'm with Yurble on this one, plus all the baggage reclaim halls I've been to have the killswitch buttons clearly marked. If she was that concerned surely the first thing would have been to stop the carousel?
Anonymous User
Pretty creative, I thought. A new way to kill Babby
September 20, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/19/world/europe/spain-baby-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

What the hell was this idiot thinking, putting a kid on a baggage carousel? And damn, my first thought was for the poor passengers who had to endure this kid's screaming all across the Atlantic, only for it to die *after* the flight?
September 20, 2013
terrierist activity
Classic PNA. Flying from Gatwick to Alicante is not a long haul flight, two hours top.

I was wondering about that. The comments on most of the articles are assuming this idiot flew from the US to Spain (and excusing her on the basis of being exhausted after a long international flight with two children), but it said she flew from England to Spain.

In this case, I do feel sorry for the baby, because holy shit, being crushed to death. I feel sorry for the older sibling who had to witness it. I feel sorry for the other passengers who also had to witness it, and will be subsequently criticized for not throwing themselves onto the conveyor belt to save the kid (there are already comments blaming them). I do not feel sorry for the mother, accident or not. I'm so sick of the resounding chorus of "everyone makes mistakes!" that gets thrown out in these cases. Yes, everyone does make mistakes. But when someone's "mistake" leads to someone else getting killed, there should be consequences, and they should be harsh.
September 20, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425260/Five-month-old-baby-dies-horrific-accident-conveyor-belt-Spanish-airport.html

The Daily Fail has more details.....its even worse than I thought ..... What kinda stupid selfish EnTitled bint thinks that OK that she can climb on top of the conveyer???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
September 20, 2013
jmc
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425260/Five-month-old-baby-dies-horrific-accident-conveyor-belt-Spanish-airport.html

The Daily Fail has more details.....its even worse than I thought ..... What kinda stupid selfish EnTitled bint thinks that OK that she can climb on top of the conveyer???

Yeah, definitely worse. So she climbed onto the conveyor belt herself while holding a baby carrier, supposedly lost her balance, dropped the baby, and accidentally hit a switch to turn on the conveyor all at once. And her husband was there as well. And there were warning signs about the dangers of getting caught in the rollers. And there was an emergency stop button there as well.

Well, since the painted dogs are no longer available, parents have to avail themselves of whatever means they have for their PNA.
September 20, 2013
None of the stations here mention where the Pittsburgh zoo African painted dogs went, but they were sent to other zoos. I wonder if maybe Disney Animal Kingdom would have a few of them.

Well, since the painted dogs are no longer available, parents have to avail themselves of whatever means they have for their PNA.

I hear complaints that our economy is suffering because companies do not come up with new and innovative products and there is no creativity but I find that breeders are very innovative and creative in coming up with ways to off their kids. Who knows what they will come up with next?
September 20, 2013
mr. neptune
I hear complaints that our economy is suffering because companies do not come up with new and innovative products and there is no creativity but I find that breeders are very innovative and creative in coming up with ways to off their kids. Who knows what they will come up with next?

We could probably make a PNA bingo card with both methods and cliches. African painted dogs, hot cars, conveyor belts, "only looked away for a second," "the family has suffered enough, leave them alone," "everyone makes mistakes." It'd be crass, but we'd all have our cards filled up soon enough.
September 20, 2013
mr. neptune
None of the stations here mention where the Pittsburgh zoo African painted dogs went, but they were sent to other zoos. I wonder if maybe Disney Animal Kingdom would have a few of them.

Oh I thought up a new product while reading this: Some kind of 'carousel' - perhaps one of those old time metal spinning things that used to be in parks / play grounds PLUS African Painted Dogs. The dogs could be tethered to the metal uprights. Then, toss the kid right in there. Fun new ride! Dogs might get motion sickness.
Anonymous User
September 20, 2013
alana
mr. neptune

We could probably make a PNA bingo card with both methods and cliches. African painted dogs, hot cars, conveyor belts, "only looked away for a second," "the family has suffered enough, leave them alone," "everyone makes mistakes." It'd be crass, but we'd all have our cards filled up soon enough.

Can we run a sweepstake on who comes up with the next best innovative and most accurate PNA? Best suggestions win an amazon gift token of £10/$10 or donation to animal charity of choice?
September 20, 2013
Didn't the movie "Logan's Run" have a "carousel" to do away with people over 30? But in today's world, it would probably be set up to do away with kids under 3?

Come to think of it, isn't Mission Space like a "carousel"? Breeders be sure to choose the "Orange Team", hoping the little kids won't live through it. They might live through Green team.

Come to think of it, all the Disney parks have opportunities for PNA:
Magic Kingdom: Fly off Dumbo, crushed in Carosel of Progress, fly off/get lost of Space Mountain.
Animal Kingdom: Lions and Tigers and just maybe: African Painted dogs!
But Epcot is the best, with Mission Space.
September 21, 2013
jmc

Just looked at that article
1. WTF with the headline "A mother's scream as baby died......?" I guess the idiots meant a mother screamed but the one person there who can use an apostrophe correctly was on vacation?

2. Did you see those moo and udder-rubber type comments?

CAMBRIDGE COW SAYS
"Having just returned from Alicante on Tuesday with a toddler, the buggies come off on a separate
conveyor at the top end of the baggage hall. This conveyor belt brings buggies to the end and then stops. Her husband must have been retrieving the luggage while she was getting the buggy. Provisions should be made to get buggies out of plane first not last and at another part of the airport! Such a tragedy that should never have happened .

UNA UDERRUBER
No one bothered to even help the struggling mother!!! Poor poor woman. My heart goes out to her."

That's right, it all the fault of the airport and the meanies who wouldn't help MOOmy. And of course "buggies" should come out first. Perhaps someone sane realized that anyone burdened with crotchfruit moves slowly and would hold up everyone else? God forbid that breeders and spawn wait until the crowd clears.
September 21, 2013
Magic Kingdom: Fly off Dumbo, crushed in Carosel of Progress, fly off/get lost of Space Mountain.

I'm thinking that the the Haunted Mansion at Disney World would be perfect. It is dark, noisy, kids are screaming anyway from fear and, if anyone saw you killing the kid, they'd just think it was part of the attraction! Plus imagine how long it would take to notice and extra dead body. If you are discovered you claim the kid was scared by/attracted to a ghost or something and blame the ride for not having rear-facing child safety seats. PERFECT!
September 21, 2013
A new sign for airports

Just because it is called a baggage carousel does not mean that it is a children's ride
September 21, 2013
Referring to another thread here that listed how moo's would like to be helped when their children are in danger, what could any bystander have done to help that wouldn't get themselves accused of some sort of wrong-doing? Body block the baby with their carry on bag, maybe, but then they'd lose the belongings they thought were important enough to carry with them -- disadvantages to every scenario. :spin
September 21, 2013
aliceblue

I'm thinking that the the Haunted Mansion at Disney World would be perfect. It is dark, noisy, kids are screaming anyway from fear and, if anyone saw you killing the kid, they'd just think it was part of the attraction! Plus imagine how long it would take to notice and extra dead body. If you are discovered you claim the kid was scared by/attracted to a ghost or something and blame the ride for not having rear-facing child safety seats. PERFECT!

Good idea, but maybe Disney wants EPCOT to be the Experimental PNA Capital Of The world, hence Mission: Space.

Also, Mission Space has the compartments for personal belongings in front. I think breeders probably put poopy Pampers in there and the next time the ride "goes for launch" it ends up in the next rider's face!
September 21, 2013
It's OK. Moo will get a huge paycheck from the airport's insurance carrier and forget about this mess in a month, if it wasn't her plan all along.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Cristabel
What the hell was this idiot thinking, putting a kid on a baggage carousel?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Seriously, baggage carousel = dangerous, heavy shit moving fast. I wouldn't put my dogs or cat on one, so why the hell would someone put their kyd on one? Are people really this fucking stupid? I bet moomy was playing candy baby crush on her fucking smart phone during this incident.
Re: Pretty creative, I thought. A new way to kill Babby
September 23, 2013
If it happened the way later papers described, it sounds like a horrible accident.
Accidentally stepped on a mechanism that started the belts while trying to reach her buggy, dropped the kid into instant doom.

WHY climb onto anything WITH loaf in carrier??? Set the little turd on the floor before climbing, moron! It's not really going to go far if it's in the carrier, and even if not, at 10 months it will only get a few yards away. Duh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login