Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cavalcade of Contraceptive Catastrophies--not just CL anymore

Posted by navi8orgirl 
Cavalcade of Contraceptive Catastrophies--not just CL anymore
December 22, 2014
Since CL is now banned from my work computer and I am at lunch, I decided to check out GoFundMe.com.

#1—trying to raise $10000. So far, $1275 raised.

On December 14, 2014 XXXX woke up to find that her car had been stolen. All of her kids Christmas gifts were in the trunk. She called the police, but since the car is registered in Illinois, there is nothing they can do. To make matters worse, she only has liability insurance on the car. This is the first Christmas that XXXX and the kids will be away from home. XXXX is hard-working and has never asked anything of anyone. She is not even asking for help now-we, her family and friends, are asking on her behalf. Any amount helps! Please help this great family have a happy Christmas!

The registration part makes no sense to me at all. Police are supposed to investigate stolen cars regardless. The insurance part…well that is true. Without comprehensive, there is nothing that can be done…although not sure car insurance covers contents (homeowner/renter insurance does I think.)

An update shows the car was found but in a bad state…but was stolen again today. saying 'wtf'

#2—asked for 500 but got 1620.

XXXX was in the hospital with her baby having surgery. They returned home to everything stolen for their 4 kids Christmas donations welcome.

No explanation, nothing else stolen....which sounds like a load of :BS

#3—Asked for 30K, got 47K

This gofundme account was created by (police officer) in collaboration with the (neighborhood assn. With less than three weeks before Christmas, the XXXX family home was completely destroyed by an electrical fire. Having lost their parents recent years, 8 young boys now live with their uncle and are struggling during this holiday season. Our wish is to raise money to help bring Christmas to this family. Please, donate what you can.

OK this one I would be inclined to help with. CF/CL man and his wife helping raise 8 nephews from his brother (gunned down in a drug deal gone bad, wife died of cerebral hemorrhage) and sister (shot to death and taken in by his brother.) The kids lived in their dead parents' home with the men’s adoptive mother. An electrical short torched the kids’ home. Killed father had no life or homeowner’s insurance.

The news backs up this story. The uncle and aunt need to build an addition onto their small home.

#4 Wants 1000 has 600.
I'm not sure if this is ok to post and if its not please delete...I do not want to disrupt the page. I am a married mom of 5 kids...ages 18 boy,11 girl,10 boy, 8 boy and 6 boy. My family has never been in financial crisis before now. We are those people that help others. My husband lost his job a few months ago. We live in XXXX and yes we have a nice home and yes I drive a nice car. We have used all of our saving keeping the bills paid. My husband is a retired veteran and... we have even we and applied for benefits for him to help us out and he is working with Employment Connections downtown to find a job. In the mist of things I had surgery Oct 13 simple and minor! We there were many complications and I was in the hospital for a month. That was difficult on everyone of us. My kids were so upset mommy had never been gone. Daddy was scared and taking care of them and at the same time going to interview. As of now we have no was to do any Christmas for the kids. I'm not worried about my older one he understands but the other 4 are little. Its to late to get help I have tried. Also I have paperwork from the hospital and we are getting food stamps and Medicaid as well so I will show you that paperwork. Im not trying to scam anyone. I just want my kids to smile..its been a rough few months for them and us. My electric bill is $462.00 right now

Retired veterans get money. I don’t know what his rank was so it could be very little money. Retiree health insurance is under 600 for a family. The mother of these kids writes that this is her ex husband (the best father ever) and the stepmother and both make sacrifices for the kids.

SO sacrifice the Lexus for a less expensive car. That is what my CF ass was told when I tried to get benefits with nice cars and handbags.

And one worth giving to: Animal Shelter Evicted For Christmas!! http://www.gofundme.com/ixnjmc

Requested 50K, so far has 77,544 in only 6 days!
Attention: Animal Shelter To Be Evicted for Christmas!!!!! CACHE CREEK RESCUE

$1, $5 ....anything you can donate is appreciated and will hopefully help save our animals within the next month!!!!! Instead of buying a coffee today, help save our shelter!!!!!
Hi my name is Anna Pec and I work at Cache Creek Rescue in Joliet, IL. We are a non-kill, non-for-profit shelter that saves dogs and cats that are to be euthanized at kill shelters in 11 different counties to bring to our shelter for adoption as well as several owner surrenders and dogs from puppy mills. We solely run off of help from our volunteers and donations. We don’t have much but it has been enough to save the lives of many animals that would have been euthanized otherwise. Donna, the owner, single handedly drives to these locations every week to help these animals with the most minimal transportation she has. As of Friday, we received an eviction notice due to our landlord not being up to code upon a recent building inspection. If things couldn't get worse at our Joliet location, we constantly have flooding in Anna, IL as well, our hub location for most of our animals to be bought to Joliet, and Donna's transportation vehicle is falling apart. We desperately NEED the help of a News station to tell our story! We will be homeless for the holidays and our amazing animals don’t need any more hardship in their lives! Below you will find the post from our shelter as it is currently displayed on Facebook for more information. PLEASE HELP US BY DONATING TO OUR CAUSE!

I personally have an animal of my own from this shelter and couldn’t imagine such an amazing organization no longer being able to exist and these animals being homeless. Any contractors who can help with these issues will be able to use the work and supplies as a tax right off. Also, another option is trying to find another location if we can receive enough funding as it is uncertain if the landlord will let us renew our lease at all in July if we even avoid the eviction in January. Thank you for any help you can provide. ‪If a receipt is needed for any type of monetary donation, please email us at Cachecreekanimalrescue@yahoo.com.

Cache Creek Shelter's Address:
20654 Burl Court
Joliet, IL 60433

Adoption/Volunteer Hours:
Monday-Friday: 1-6pm
Saturday: 11am-6pm
Sunday: 11am-3pm

-Anna Pec

Cache Creek
"I want everyone to know what happened Friday night to start my weekend from hell. Everyone knows how much we love our location and all the hard work that has been done. Teresa Caraker Braswell painted our beautiful mural, Christine had the old carpeting pulled out and professional tile put in. Salvatore Maratto has lovingly decorated our cat room and senior room. Dan has been putting cabinets in, Cyndi Heiden has donated materials and orchestrated donations. Doug Buell and Kelly Balchunas Buell donate tons of time doing adoption events. Melissa Ryerson does so much and it goes on and on. This is my family. Friday I receive an opened certified letter that we did not sign for. It is an eviction notice. My homeless animals and my extended family will be homeless for the holidays. No later than January 10th we are out. With no location and no money we get to spend our holidays wondering what to do. I am at a loss as to what to do. There is no reason given but the landlord was being sunmoned because we do not gave a permanent permit. An architect will not do a rendering because of our hot water heater placement, our drainage system, we are not ADA compatable, our parking lot is notproperly marked. Due to these issues we cannot get a permit. So..we will be homeless at Christmas. The Grinch lives. I am at a loss."

PLEASE DONATE OR SHARE THIS LINK!!!!!

On December 17th, 2014, our struggle was first documented by WGN News. Below is the link:

http://wgntv.com/2014/12/17/dogs-and-cats-may-be-homeless-after-suburban-animal-shelter-receives-eviction-notice/

Let's continue to spread the word before Christmas so our animals don't become homeless! Thank you to everyone who is helping! This means more to the Cache Creek family and our adoptable furry friends than you will ever know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Re: Cavalcade of Contraceptive Catastrophies--not just CL anymore
December 22, 2014
I have a feeling some of these "bawww somewun stowe all da kyds' pwesents!!1" are just breeders who are too cheap to buy their own kids gifts and want other people to fund their X-mas. That, or they already have gifts for their brats and just want a few extra grand for themselves and aren't above making up a sob story to tug on the heart strings of suckers. Maybe they're true, but breeders are scum and I don't put it past them to beg for donations while lying about their little cherubs not having Christmas.

But I'm glad to see the animal shelter has exceeded their goal. smiling smiley
December 23, 2014

The registration part makes no sense to me at all. Police are supposed to investigate stolen cars regardless.

The first thought that came to my mind was that she's not the legal owner of the car. Perhaps she was using someone else's car? Maybe the police told her to have the owner contact them to start the proceedings.

#4: Being financially responsible means living within your means. The guy gets a pension and he should be living at a level where that covers his basic expenses in case he loses his job.

And where does this story have Mummy getting off her ass and generating some income for the family? Oh riiiight, she'll just beg on goFundme. smile rolling left righteyes2 These people chose to have five kids and they need to figure out how to support them, even if it means downsizing their house and cars. My give-a-fuck is broken for that situation.

I also would be inclined to help with #3, although it's a damn shame that the most inept people are pumping out baybees like cockroaches. I personally would direct the kids to social services, although I guess what this aunt and uncle are doing is admirable, as is keeping these eight kids out of the system.

The animal shelter one is just sad. :bawl
December 23, 2014
Bell, it sounds like the 8 kids were a combo of two of the CF man's siblings. The first moo got shot to death in 2007, so the other bro and his wife took her kids in with their own. Both of them died, leaving 8 kids.

I don't mind helping a run of bad luck which is what those kids experienced...and they are asking more for the remaining uncle to add on to his home. The others sound like complete and utter bullshit. "Was at hospital and someone broke in ans just stole the kids' gifts." Seriously? "Someone stole a POS car then returned it then stole it again even though it did not run." This does sound like it was someone else's vehicle.

The shelter more than exceeded goal, would love to see them get even more.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 23, 2014
“#4 Wants 1000 has 600.
I'm not sure if this is ok to post and if its not please delete...I do not want to disrupt the page. I am a married mom of 5 kids...ages 18 boy,11 girl,10 boy, 8 boy and 6 boy. My family has never been in financial crisis before now. We are those people that help others. My husband lost his job a few months ago. We live in XXXX and yes we have a nice home and yes I drive a nice car. We have used all of our saving keeping the bills paid. My husband is a retired veteran and... we have even we and applied for benefits for him to help us out and he is working with Employment Connections downtown to find a job. In the mist of things I had surgery Oct 13 simple and minor! We there were many complications and I was in the hospital for a month. That was difficult on everyone of us. My kids were so upset mommy had never been gone. Daddy was scared and taking care of them and at the same time going to interview. As of now we have no was to do any Christmas for the kids. I'm not worried about my older one he understands but the other 4 are little. Its to late to get help I have tried. Also I have paperwork from the hospital and we are getting food stamps and Medicaid as well so I will show you that paperwork. Im not trying to scam anyone. I just want my kids to smile..its been a rough few months for them and us. My electric bill is $462.00 right now”

Translated by yours truly.
[I’m not scamming anyone, really. I’m just an upper middle-class suburban moo who lives in a nice house and drives a nice car, but my ex-husband recently lost his job so I won’t be getting as much child support money and will therefore have to get a job, oh the horror! In order to continue my privileged lifestyle and not have to work, please give me money. It’s for my kids, honestly. My overprivileged brats absolutely must have their Apple gadgets and designer-brand clothing.]

I think I got the translation right. I don’t speak lying moo, so forgive me if I made mistakes.
December 23, 2014
I wonder if I can get some dumb fucks to pay for my grad school.
December 23, 2014
mistress rotwang
I wonder if I can get some dumb fucks to pay for my grad school.

I know a guy who did something similar to that concept and he complained constantly that the huge amount os school-related money he was given wasn't enough.

In some parts of Canada, the federal government sometimes offers programs for unemployed people to obtain work-related training.
For the most part the programs are fairly appropriate and offer a college level diploma (ie 2 year program) in practical careers.
The last time that I was aware of the program the government paid for: the full tuition, all books, any required training items, a new laptop computer, mileage to and from school, school parking fees, and basic shelter expenses (ie about $500-$700/mth).

The guy that I am referring to has only had about 8 years of actual employment in 34 years of adult life.
When he was let go from his most recent job, he was eligible for employment insurance (ie 55% of wages for about a year).
He was given an additional year's extension of benefits while he waited for the school program to start.
He received all of the above trade training benefits during school while living for free in a 5 bedroom house to himself.
He complained bitterly about Employment Insurance not also paying out for his accumulated credit card debit. (entirely whim purchases over years).
I believe the total paid out during the schooling portion only was about $87,000.
Seven years later, he is still unemployed and living for free in the 5 bedroom home.
December 25, 2014
Now, waiting to head out for Christmas with friends, i am on CL and boy there are some doozies.

1. Beggars CAN be choosers...just as long as they claim they will pay it forward. Someday. Maybe. (Can't afford to pay 200 for a TV so please give me your flat screen, larger than 32 inch.)

Need Flat TV and WASHER/DRYER **PLEASE READ** - $140

Hi! I am in need of a TV for my living room so my kiddos can watch mickey mouse every now and then and a washer and dryer so that i dont have to go all the way to my moms for laundry!! Just got our own place. Young, single mom. I am grateful for everything that i am so fortunate to have but am willing to compensate someone else for their used things for a decent price so that life can be a bit easier. I am at a financial crossroads right now as many people may also be due to the large deposit, first months rent, and Christmas. I can pay about $140 all together. My only specs are as follows

TV:
More than 32" wide.
FULLY FUNCTIONAL
HDMI Port

Washer/dryer set:
Fully functional
prefer electric dryer but gas is fine too; whatever works!!

Please be thoughtful and generous. I Can not afford a 200 tv. I CAN PICK UP ANYWHERE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW AHEAD OF TIME SO THAT I MAY MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR A TRUCK,
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

2. Another one with no money for baby shit who still thinks she can afford a baby.

please help me pregnant/single mom (pasadena)

Hello i am holly. I am pregnant i have a part time job i dont have extra money for baby stuff. I am having a girl. Any one who can provide any unwanted baby items would help so much. I dont have anything. Please help me. God bless you !

December 25, 2014
Many of the posts display the poor punctuation and capitalization of someone using a phone to create the text. Bet they are iPhones or some sort of smart phone. If they can afford the (typical) several hundred dollar cost of one of those, they don't need to be begging for $
$140 is not even enough to compensate for a flatscreen TV bigger than 32". I got a "FULLY FUNCTIONAL" HDTV 32" Vizio display model TV from Walmart at 50% off and that was still almost $200. If the TV is only going to be used as a babysitter for your mistakes, you can take your cheap ass to Goodwill and get a tube TV for $30. I'm sure the one in my town still has the Orion I got for Christmas '92 and kept for 15 years.

And a full washer/dryer set as part of that $140? Are you kidding me? Go handwash your shit until you can afford to buy a used set at a reasonable price. $140 itself probably won't get you a set from 1970 that won't hook up to a modern setup.

Having kids doesn't mean you get to lowball and expect people to bite and give you want you want to your exact specifications. If you are going to lowball like that, you take what you're offered or don't. But don't bitch that you deserve better unless you considerably up the price.

For what she's asking, she should be offering $700 MINIMUM. Or take her chances on eBay where she could get what she wants at her prices, but may lose out.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login