Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another kid dropped into animal pit at the zoo

Posted by Dorisan 
Another kid dropped into animal pit at the zoo
April 12, 2015
Don't these fuckers EVER LEARN? :headbrick

LINK

And good on the zoo. Instead of acting plushy toward the parents, they are coming out kicking ass

Cleveland Metroparks -- which manages the city's parks, golf courses and zoo -- has reportedly served a summons and plans to push for child endangerment charges against the parents.
Re: Another kid dropped into animal pit at the zoo
April 12, 2015
Cleveland is always trying to compete against Pittsburgh and I guess since they don't have African Painted Dogs they just have to "make do" with a cheeta.

That and the parents are too cheap to go to Disney Animal Kingdom and drop them over Kali River Rapids.
They shouldn't have tried that with cheetahs: Cheetahs are one of the gentlest, timidest of carnivores. There used to be domesticated cheetahs , way back when Egypt and then Greece ruled the known world. Had the Romans adopted that custom in a really big way , we might today have cheetah racing instead of greyhound racing in major cities.

So not only did they try a PNA with the wrong animal, they can't try that again as that zoo no doubt has banned them, and if they try it at a different zoo, the abortive (]heh, heh!) effort will be brought to light.

So they're stuck,unless they try a L'il Popsicle when the cold weather sets back in.
April 12, 2015
They will have to make do until July and then pull a Lil Sizzler, as long as the April attempt is forgotten or wait until the following summer to make sure. It may sound evil, but the parunts didn't even bother to research the big cats. Also the Cheetah did not seem to think the kid was worth moving from his perch for.
April 12, 2015
That's sorta obvious. Lol! How do you think the law will try to prevent parents using PNAs once the the law catches wind of all of the creative ways they like to do it. It would be funny if parents were no longer allowed to buy tide pods or 5 gallon drums anymore. Lol!
April 12, 2015
Good for the zoo! I wish Pittsburgh had the balls to act similarly.

I keep pushing my husband to take me to the rock and roll hall of fame, and I'd been planning to go to this zoo when we finally get over there.
April 12, 2015
Haha, did they really think the cheetah would be interested in their toadler? If I were the cheetah I'd feel offended!

ex lurker
There used to be domesticated cheetahs , way back when Egypt and then Greece ruled the known world.

I wish I could have a domesticated cheetah, gotta make do with an evil Bengal cat for now! winking smiley
April 12, 2015
Is there anything at the R and R Hall of Fame that can be used as a PNA? Besides throwing the kid up and hope it gets impaled on top of the pyramid?
April 12, 2015
ex lurker
There used to be domesticated cheetahs , way back when Egypt and then Greece ruled the known world.

Yep. It's commonly believed that those tame cheetahs are where the "king cheetah" mutation came from.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

April 12, 2015
Of all the creatures moo and duhd could pick, a cheetah was the least likely to attack. There was an incident about 20 years ago at the Jackson Zoo where a cheetah had climbed out of his enclosure and pounced on a 3rd grader who had wondered into the off-limits area. The most damage he had done was making the kid scrape his knees and a few puncture marks from his claws since they can't retract them. The cheetah was just laying on this kids back, licking his neck and just being an overgrown cat when his handlers showed up. He grabbed the kids cap and ran before they were able to sedate him and put him back in his enclosure.
April 12, 2015
I feel sorry of the Cheetah. Someone drops in a (possibly) tasty morsel that moves to trigger the hunting instinct, but at the last minute is snatched away. Back to the Antelope.
April 12, 2015
rockchick
Haha, did they really think the cheetah would be interested in their toadler? If I were the cheetah I'd feel offended!

ex lurker

I wish I could have a domesticated cheetah, gotta make do with an evil Bengal cat for now! winking smiley

I will take a Black Panther please smiling smiley Yeah, that might be dangerous. I would want it to be like an 'attack dog' also. But it should be calm around me. I do not think such a thing is possible, too bad.

I would also like a pet Wolverine, yeah that's impossible. That'll chew your face off. A few people have partially domesticated them. It's beyond my scope. It's too hot for them here now too. There's a sad tale - too many people, and climate change, there used to be Wolverines in Michigan. Now they are gone ~

@ Bookworm a possibly tasty morsel is right!

From the article
The zoo's website says they are fed a canine diet along with weekly bones and horse meat, chicken and rabbit.

That sounds much more appetizing! I agree with the Cheetah - who was probably thinking - ewww, that smells bad! I'll wait for lunch grinning smiley
April 12, 2015
bookworm
I feel sorry of the Cheetah. Someone drops in a (possibly) tasty morsel that moves to trigger the hunting instinct, but at the last minute is snatched away. Back to the Antelope.

I'm sure the keen sense of smell that the cheetah possessed wiffed a scent of chicken mcnuggets, hot dogs and mac 'n cheese from the kid and decided "nyah, grass fed antelope for me."
April 12, 2015
Saw the story elsewhere and took a picture of this glorious comment in response to the article. waving hellolarious

That king cheetah is gorgeous !
April 12, 2015
Cheetahs are the most gentle of the "Big Cats" (i.e. lions, tigers). I have seen lots of videos with people petting cheetahs and cheetahs purring loudly. They will "smear" you and rub their head and face all over you just like domestic cats. And they also lick a lot with their sandpapery tongues. I looove cheetahs. grinning smiley And I am glad that the breeders are not going to be able to cash in on the ghetto lottery with this story.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
April 12, 2015
mr. neptune
Is there anything at the R and R Hall of Fame that can be used as a PNA? Besides throwing the kid up and hope it gets impaled on top of the pyramid?

I'm not sure if she's in the R & R Hall of Fame, but the most monstrous thing I can think of that came from OH would be Chrissie Hynde.
April 12, 2015
aliceblue
Saw the story elsewhere and took a picture of this glorious comment in response to the article. waving hellolarious

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

grinning smiley
April 12, 2015
mr. neptune

There's a balcony on an upper floor where they serve food; there's seating and it overlooks water. I would not be surprised if someone tries it there someday.
April 12, 2015
Cheetahs are taught how to hunt. They aren't equipped with a built in pray drive like leopards or even house cats. If this furball wasn't wild caught and not as a cub, he may not have had any idea what to do with a wild rabbit, much less a squalling brat.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 13, 2015
aliceblue

That was pretty good. thumbs upwink
April 13, 2015
Omigod that cheetah is BEAUTIFUL!!!
April 13, 2015
The toddler dangling / dropping moo has been officially charged with child endangerment.

http://news.yahoo.com/mother-charged-dropping-boy-ohio-zoo-cheetah-enclosure-172255790.html
Y'know, maybe this *wasn't* an attempted PNA. Maybe it was more of an effort to cash in. Maybe this 38 year old woman was very much aware of how little danger her child was in from the sweet cheetahs, she figured the worse that could happen was a broken bone or three, and the lawsuit would get her many times that much.

Or maybe a 38 year old woman really is that stupid...I dunno, but I'm glad she's being charged, and I still think the Pittsburgh zoo was wrong for settling with the earlier imbeciles.
April 13, 2015
It gets even better.

Turns out that moo is actually an assistant director of a childcare provider

Link

When contacted by media, duh's reply was
"I really don't want to talk. We are really just worried about our child."
Bit fucking late for that bucko!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login