Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why must you always bring the loaves something?

I have a relative who recently left her hubby and feels lonely.

Every time my family gets together, she just HAS to bring toys, like bouncy balls, for the loaves.

I could be called "envious" but it's not true because I am dating a wonderful man who spoils me.

Granted, my relative doesn't see the kids often, but she has her own adult children and grandchildren in the same city, and they don't live too far away at all. It's like there's no identity other than THE CHILDREN.

Being my typical skeptical self, I couldn't help but wonder if she just has a big, giving heart, or if this is an example of breeder-pleasing.

This post will probably bore you guys and gals.

It's simply an observation I've noticed and I wanted to post about it.
I have a relative who recently left her hubby and is lonely.

Every time my family gets together, she just HAS to bring toys, like bouncy balls that light up, to give to the loaves.

Granted, she doesn't see them often, but she has her own children and grandchildren in the same city, and they don't live too far away at all.
Re: Why must you always bring the loaves something?
May 25, 2015
some relatives try to be the favourite relative, a good way to be the #1 in a childs eyes, is to bring toys or gifts just for them, it makes those kids more likely to want to be nice to or do what that relativise wants them to do when their a bit older.

my favourite uncle used to take my brother an I out for the day to give mum n dad a break, while out, he would let us pick out any one toy, of any value, and he would buy it for us, mum and dad would say he spoiled us, and to make sure we behave and thank him properly for the gifts, of course our overwhelming excitement once we got our dream toy, was usually enough to make him happy, since we just raved on about him for months later.

he also had his own kids and had only just become an empty nester, he had plenty of other nieces and nephews but only spoiled us, and we lived miles away from his family and friends.

we think the logic was, he could see them whenever he wanted, but only saw us once or twice a year, so he used gifts to try and make up for that, no other uncles or aunties came to visit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login