Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

two cents Are we raising a generation of helpless kids (Article)

Posted by cfaspiegirl26 
two cents Are we raising a generation of helpless kids (Article)
May 28, 2015
Click Here

your children are overrated and overvalued, and
you've turned them into little cult objects. George Carlin

Not a single gram of fuck shall be given today
Re: two cents Are we raising a generation of helpless kids (Article)
May 29, 2015
Actually no, we are raising a generations of ps*chopats:

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-five-mexico-children-detained-over-six-year-olds-murder-2015-5?IR=T

Carlos Ochoa, a forensic and criminology expert, said cases like the six-year-old's killing mark "the start of a generation of psychopaths, who are getting younger."
May 29, 2015
I think you're both right. It seems that hardly any children now are raised to be relatively sane, functioning, empathetic human beings. They're coddled, praised and have their asses licked every fucking second of their lives. They get told how much more special they are than everyone else and can go their entire childhoods without hearing the word "no." Mothers will work hard to slap an autism label on their kids just to avoid having to discipline and parent them because they're ascared of hearing "I hate you!" from a tantrumming toddler.

This trend of unparenting is churning out social defects who won't know how to do the most basic things for themselves and/or who will react very emotionally/violently when they don't get their own way. They want everything for nothing, they won't listen to or respect anyone, and if anything goes wrong, it'll be someone else's fault and never theirs. I mean come on, a quarter-life crisis because they haven't found their soul mate or made their first mil? It's okay to aim for the stars and all, but you still gotta understand that you might have to settle for the clouds.

So many parents want for their kids to be special and different from everybody else's kids, but when they wind up with an average or stupid kid, they make up for it by sucking the kid's ass over the most trivial accomplishments. They think they're being good parents by just handing kids everything on a silver platter rather than giving them chores or teaching them the value in saving up to buy their own stuff. But earning something through hard work is generally how things in adulthood work and it's a great lesson to learn as a child. Kids are sat in front of TVs and handheld devices for entertainment, meaning they don't have to work their brains and get creative in order to amuse themselves.

The result of all this shit is entitled brats who are severely disconnected from everything and everyone else around them. All they understand is ME ME ME and they can't fathom that there is a world around them to which they must learn to adapt. Rather, since their handlers adapted to their needs, that's what they expect from everybody else. And when they find out shit doesn't work like that, they have meltdowns. Then these little freaks will start plotting and trying to figure out ways of getting back at those they feel have wronged them, like blowing their boss' head off for writing them up. It's the boss' fault if he didn't like that Junior came in 45 minutes late every single day for six months, so Junior had to teach him a lesson.

The solutions the article offers are good. Hold kids to standards, let them fall on their ass and learn from their mistakes, and praise them when it's actually deserved. No more telling kids to dream big or that they can be whatever they want or overall telling them that they're special when they really aren't. Have expectations, discipline a kid when he does wrong, praise him when he does right, and teach his ass that he's not the center of the universe. Why's that so fucking hard to do?!
May 29, 2015
Heck... I know some 30 and 40 somethings who do this crap. I've had to deal with them in business and social settings recently. it's the 'I can do no wrong' and 'It's never MY fault' generation.

I guess the next generation in line will be worse because these idiots are raising them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login