Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So much for learning from other moms (disposing dirty diapers)

Posted by Dorisan 
So much for learning from other moms (disposing dirty diapers)
July 23, 2015
So the cow saw other women dumping dirty diapers in a socially appropriate fashion, but didn't feel like doing it herself until she was told otherwise. And she still wants a second opinion? Bitch, just put yourself in the same spot (literally) of these places where you've dropped an unwrapped diaper and imagine how the trash can owners react when that thing starts getting even more ripe?

Damn

If someone put one of those nasty things in my kitchen trash can, I'd fish it out and return it to her with a very nasty remark.

Dear Prudie,
What is proper etiquette for disposing of baby diapers in public? I am a first-time mom and have noticed that other mommies often have a small disposable garbage bag that they put the baby’s diaper in and often take these wrapped up diapers with them to dispose of later when in public. I have not been participating in this practice and often at people’s homes, shopping malls, restaurants, coffee shops, etc., dispose of the dirty diaper in the trash receptacles. Only when I was at the pediatrician’s office and they informed me that I was unable to dispose of the dirty diaper at the office that I thought perhaps I have been committing a faux pas.

—Mommy Doodies

Dear Doodies,
Thank you, other mommies, for wrapping up your children’s droppings and thinking about the most appropriate place to deposit these offerings. First-time mom, please don’t make people want to evacuate a restaurant or mall because of your child’s evacuation. No one wants to go over to the milk and sugar station at your local coffee shop and get a whiff from the refuse bin of something freshly brewed by your kid. If your pediatrician is telling you to take your unwrapped waste elsewhere, you know you’re violating an unwritten code—and common sense. When traveling with a diapered child, it is necessary to have plastic bags to tightly seal the dirty diaper when disposing of it in a public place. And these should be the kind of receptacles where such waste would be appropriate—so restrooms or outdoor trash bins. If you’re visiting friends, wrap the diaper up and put it in your bag for later disposal, unless you’re visiting someone with small children and you can ask if there’s a place you can toss it. You’re in charge of a baby, and this is an instance in which you just can’t let the chips fall where they may.
Re: So much for learning from other moms (disposing dirty diapers)
July 23, 2015
This is another example of a parent who made the choice of having a kid forcing others who had no say in that choice to bear the costs of the choice.
July 23, 2015
But I wish I had known any moms who dispose of the Pampers "appropriately". All the ones I see are in trash cans (at best), in woods, under public picnic tables, in the dog doo container (taking up all the space) in the "silver box" in the ladies room, under minivan seats, and I have read of Huggies being left in roller coasters, amusement park rides, almost anywhere but in a diaper pail. Its kind of a trend, like women having babies anywhere but at a hospital.
July 23, 2015
The moos in my building flush them. Then surprise surprise the Condo fees go up in order to pay for emergency plumbers and I lose water for 2-3 hours. All the condo board will do is put up a flyer on the billboard reminding people not to flush diapers.
July 23, 2015
hana
The moos in my building flush them. Then surprise surprise the Condo fees go up in order to pay for emergency plumbers and I lose water for 2-3 hours. All the condo board will do is put up a flyer on the billboard reminding people not to flush diapers.
What fuckwits those moos are! They must flush their menstrual pads too! Mr. T: I pitty tha fools
beezle
hana
What fuckwits those moos are! They must flush their menstrual pads too! Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

Easily rectified.

Make any apartment with brats under 5 pay an additional $100 per month to cover the fees. Can't punish the unknown individual? Punish the collective. As usually, if you hit their pockets they'll get the message.
July 24, 2015
bookworm
beezle
hana

Easily rectified.

Make any apartment with brats under 5 pay an additional $100 per month to cover the fees. Can't punish the unknown individual? Punish the collective. As usually, if you hit their pockets they'll get the message.

It's in the condo rules that doing something stupid means you get charged for the emergency call, but the condo board are breeders and breeder pleasers. Plumbers have to enter the unit so the condo board know the identity of the offender, but they have to turn off the water for the entire building to fix the problem. I ran for one of the at large positions last year on the do something stupid and be charged for the emergency call platform and lost badly. The condo is shifting from empty nesters wanting the city life and childless professionals to dog hating breeders. The county is also massively pro breeder, shocking I know, so anything that involves charging breeders extra is discrimination. :headbrick

Think I'll add extra cash to the retirement compound fund this month. The sooner we can retire the better.
hana
bookworm
beezle
hana

Easily rectified.

It's in the condo rules that doing something stupid means you get charged for the emergency call, but the condo board are breeders and breeder pleasers. Plumbers have to enter the unit so the condo board know the identity of the offender, but they have to turn off the water for the entire building to fix the problem. I ran for one of the at large positions last year on the do something stupid and be charged for the emergency call platform and lost badly. The condo is shifting from empty nesters wanting the city life and childless professionals to dog hating breeders. The county is also massively pro breeder, shocking I know, so anything that involves charging breeders extra is discrimination. :headbrick

Think I'll add extra cash to the retirement compound fund this month. The sooner we can retire the better.

Have you considered a good social media shit-storm? Name board members, explain the situation? You could try to re-frame the situation, as the board that helps breeders steal from everyone else, by being too stupid to not flush nappies.

You could try to speculate that they do this on purpose. After all, how many breeders who live in their own houses, flush nappies?

Whenever this happens, you can release an update, warning people to not move into that building, since the board knows who culprits are, but refuses to curtail behaviour that regularly inconveniences everyone else.

I know this may sound harsh. You don't have to say that you're childfree, you can make everyone think that you have brats. You can even say you have them, and spin a sob story, how you're already struggling, and how every time someone flushes a nappy, everyone has to pay for it, so money is taken from your kids...

You can also wonder, whether the board is deliberately allowing this, because they are getting kick-backs from plumbers? Don't make any accusations, just "can't help but wonder".
You can use that tentative, concerned, moo-voice-narrative.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
July 24, 2015

Dear Prudie,
I have not been participating in this practice and often at people’s homes, shopping malls, restaurants, coffee shops, etc., dispose of the dirty diaper in the trash receptacles.

remarkable, i mean it makes sense that the age old practice of material nappies being scraped off, left to soak then run through a wash isn't really a thing anymore thanks to disposable diapers, but as far as i was aware, disposables have instructions on how to dispose them on the packaging, something along the lines of, having a bin at the end of a change table, with a bin liner in it, and you place the used nappies in there, it stinks up the whole house but you empty it daily into the wheelie bin outside.

common sense would have a similar response in public, go to a toilet where a baby change table is present, use it, zip lock it and place it in the toilet room bin provided, and for gods sake wash your hands on the way out.

but no, common sense dosent exist in a world where moos rip open a freshly shat diaper on a food court table during peak eating times, and toss it in the nearby bin meant for food waste, or worse the recycling bin, or stow it for later only to toss it under the car parked beside them before they leave.

contrary to popular moo belief, nappy's contain bio waste, bio waste is a hazard, its why we have flushing toilets and soap, to do away with the nasty's that can make us sick from the bio waste contaminating other things such as food. its not rocket science, its common knowledge and basic logic, but moos just dont seem to have that, wether they did before sluicing is questionable.

edit: i actually knew a couple who stored up a years worth of dirty diapers in the bedroom cupboard and under their bed, in a room they were living in at a friends house, a rental no less, the room stank, and the poor friends had to replace the carpet and rent it for an extended period because the landlord had no hope of getting new tenants in with the way that place smelt. this couple also confined the infant to the room as much as possible, the infant was notorious for taking off its diaper and peeing on the walls, bed and carpet, the couple were pregnant with the next when they got kicked out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login