Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newly-childed friend oversharing on FB

Posted by strange aeons 
Newly-childed friend oversharing on FB
July 26, 2015
It's finally happened - one of my friends has had a kid. As soon as she said she was expecting, I was worried that she'd turn into one of 'those' parents. Everything was going fine, posting a bit about her kid on FB, which is understandable, really. Nothing too personal, a bit gushy maybe, but she's happy so fair enough, I guess.

And then I checked FB today, and was greeted with a HUGE photo of her BFing the kid, with the accompanying post starting with, 'I don't care if you find this inappropriate'. Ugh, really? I don't want to have to unfollow her or anything because I genuinely like her, but I really could've done without that post.

Am I overreacting?

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Anonymous User
Re: Newly-childed friend oversharing on FB
July 26, 2015
No! You weren't crazy about seeing it, but you didn't lose your shit, either. She's the one being over-the-top, not you. She just gets a pass from society because oxytocin, blah blah blah.

You could post a response (or post on your own page referring obliquely to a certain newly-spawned, attention-whoring friend) saying "I'm CF, as you know, and really don't give a wet fart about your addition to the world's population. And I don't care if you find this inappropriate."

Anyone de-friending you or bursting a blood vessel over that, rather than just thinking "Uh, okay" or "Go, girl!" and moving on, will be overreacting.
July 26, 2015
Breeders always assume people think it's inappropriate because there's an exposed breast.

I don't find exposed breasts inappropriate. Not wearing a bathing suit top if you don't feel like one is perfectly acceptable in most of Europe. It's not about the breasts.

Nor is it specifically about the function. Breastfeed if you like. I don't give a fuck, provided the bodily fluids are contained and I'm not exposed to them. I was breast fed as a baby, but somehow no pictures of this made it in to the family album.

Taking a picture and posting it, however, is deliberate provocation. It's insisting that others must be not only accepting of breastfeeding as a way to feed a baby, but must laud the very process. Why should we? I wasn't present and didn't want to be when the sperm donor blew his load, and I feel the same way about this biological function. The persecution beefers complain about reminds me a lot of the persecution Christian extremists complain about. If someone isn't kowtowing to them they're the victims. They're not content with someone else taking a "live and let live" approach, instead they have to push it in everyone's faces.

That discomfort you see on my face is embarassment on your behalf, because you're clearly a shameless attention whore incapable of cringing at your own pathetic demands for attention. (That's assuming you're far enough away...if you're nearby, I'm thinking the same thing I think when I see a junkie shooting up in public transport: namely, I sure as hell hope no bodily fluids splash on me.)
July 27, 2015
I'd assume its more a case of trying to give visual proof that they are in fact breast feeding, she's probably trying to win someone's favour by displaying it on social media for all to see.

no i dont think you over reacted, i'm glad to say i dont use facebook, never have, never want to, things like those photos are one more reason i decline signing up. when it comes to friends shoving something like that in that in your face, let is slide once, if it dosent seem directed at you personally, if it keeps happening, decide just how much you want to see/hear or know about this freind, im sure their are settings to change what you see, but if not, might be a good idea to unfriend her, when she asks why, just be blunt, "im not really into what you've been putting online lately, i feel its overshare, i might resubscribe later down the track if i see content like you used to have return", or you could always say "do you want to see my tits?, no? well why would i want to see yours?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login