Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Relatives' kids versus non-relatives' kids

Posted by lillysun 
Relatives' kids versus non-relatives' kids
August 09, 2015
I don't abhor children, but I definitely have zero tolerance for kids who are obvious hellions wether they are related or unrelated to me. Oddly enough, there were two touching moments that have happened with kids that aren't related to me. My husband is Christian and for a while I visited his church because I really liked the people there, and they accepted me as a heathen. Although, I suspect they prayed in groups for my salvation. I don't believe in having to be a part of a particular group to be close to God. Nowadays, we really don't go to church anymore because our jobs were too intense and Sundays were all about recuperation. Also, I did it to learn more about his religion so once I understood their core beliefs, I lost interest.

The only reason why I mention the church is because the first time I felt I had met a truly wonderful soul in the body of a child was at that place. A sweet little kid gave me her favorite Easter sticker because she thought I would like that. A selfless kid what a rare gem! I still have that cute sticker. A young boy gave me a flower on mother's day. I said no thanks kid I'm not a mom. He said that's okay you are a mother to your cat and I don't think you should be excluded from being appreciated. Awesome!

My mom on her quest to have a boy, ended up with no boy and 5 girls. Each of my sisters have reproduced twice each. I'm the youngest and I do not want to reproduce. When my sister came into town to visit with her really young kids, I asked her to please book a hotel. She was incredibly hurt by my request, and I did feel a little bad about that as they are having some financial difficulties. My dad had told me her youngest is sometimes aggressive and nearly broke a coffee table at his house. I don't really have patience/tolerance for misbehavior and their parenting style is pretty ridiculous. We met the kids and the parents at their hotel. We brought them gifts and they were jumping, hooting, and hollering like monkeys. I was dizzy and within minutes I started to get a headache. If there was ever any doubt about remaining childfree, it disappeared then and there. There are brief moments of extreme cuteness and because they are my family, I will always do my best to spend some time with their offspring when they visit.

My older sisters were far more strict with their children, and, as a result, their kids rarely exhibited extremely annoying attitudes as children. Many of my older nieces have spent some time in my house as I will allow older children and adults to visit. They are shocked I don't want children and are constantly asking me why? None of my nieces and nephews are very attached to me as we speak on rare occasion, and I'm sure the fact I was very distant from the whole family caused the lack of bonding. I find it extremely rude that I'm grilled by young adults, who rarely speak to me, on my decision to remain childfree so at this point I don't know who is more annoying the really young or some of the adult nieces. I don't regret distancing myself from family as I'm perfectly happy with just my cat and hubby and I don't want to spend my vacation being interrogated. If some of them lived in my city, I could see myself wanting more bonding time with the nieces/nephews who don't give a fuck if I reproduce or not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login