Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Taki's Mag article drama

Posted by doomflower 
Taki's Mag article drama
October 18, 2015
I'm bringing this up here, because this is the perfect example to show to anyone who comments, "Childfree? Well that just means you don't want any kids, right? Why can't you just live and let live?"

The answer, of course, is that we receive ridiculous amounts of ridicule and pushback for being childfree.

Anyhow, earlier this week, I came across this article, "No Kids Allowed": http://takimag.com/article/no_kids_allowed_gavin_mcinnes#axzz3ovjCWZLN

The writer's point is that adults have co-opted children's culture, and it's been transformed into adult culture, leaving kids with...no culture of their own, I suppose? You may or may not agree with him, but he uses 'adult cartoons', comic conventions, animated movies, and other such examples to attempt to show that 'nothing is for kids anymore'. Or something.

Anyhow, back to the topic. Found this nice exchange in the comments beneath the article. A woman comments:
There's another side to this though, and that is Parents Who Take Their Kids Everywhere. If comic books are for kids, can we also agree that restaurants are for adults unless your child is as perfectly behaved as I was? And parties are for grown ups, too btw.

Here's the immediate retaliation she received, just for 1) daring to have a login name identifying her as female; and 2) daring to comment about poorly-behaved children in restaurants:
No, we cannot agree you self entitled twat. Restaurants are not the sole domain of childless, adult cat ladies who don't want even the slightest noise to disturb them from idling away dinner on their Iphones. Oh no. There was a child at a party! What kind of person can't tolerate kids? Parents with children are the lifeblood of a society and thus, their presence at most public places should be encouraged.

It is also up to the parents to attempt to moderate their children's behaviour so they are not a complete disaster however, kid's are kids and we should be tolerant towards them as we need them. I'm always encouraged when I'm in Europe at a restaurant and see parents with kids, and grandparents and aunts and uncles all dining together. That's the way to do it. They don't hide their seniors in an old timers daycare never to be seen again and they bring their kids to events so the kids get immersed in the culture.

And that is why we can't live and let live.

eye rolling smiley
Re: Taki's Mag article drama
October 18, 2015
And in most of Europe, the brats eat at home until they can prove they can be well behaved, well mannered and not brats to eat out. Very rare to see entitled snowy and moo.
October 19, 2015
That site is full of MRA's, Redpillers, anti-semites and racists.
October 20, 2015
JoJo
That site is full of MRA's, Redpillers, anti-semites and racists.

People scare me.
October 20, 2015
Senior citizens are adults who don't act like screeching apes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login