Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bahahaha would luv to see how breeders react to this one

Posted by ladybug2203 
bahahaha would luv to see how breeders react to this one
October 31, 2015
Being glued to smart phone sets a bad example to kids
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/parents-set-bad-example-by-staying-glued-to-smartphones-9689979.html
Re: bahahaha would luv to see how breeders react to this one
October 31, 2015
I see this a lot where I work. Mom and dad on smart phones, kids on tablets.

I never got the appeal of smartphones and other 'wired' devices, what's so exciting about always reading text messages or having to constantly check up on Facebook? Are people now afraid to be alone with their thoughts anymore or feel bored? Next thing you know it, we'll have the damn things implanted, and our species will become like the Borg.
October 31, 2015
They do it so their crotchstains do not bother them for anything like food and attention.
October 31, 2015
nightfire
I see this a lot where I work. Mom and dad on smart phones, kids on tablets.

I never got the appeal of smartphones and other 'wired' devices, what's so exciting about always reading text messages or having to constantly check up on Facebook? Are people now afraid to be alone with their thoughts anymore or feel bored? Next thing you know it, we'll have the damn things implanted, and our species will become like the Borg.

There is nothing wrong with owning a device. The problem occurs when you lose control of the device; the device in essence, controls you. The proliferation of smartphones and tablets has led to hordes of people who can't live their lives in the moment and instead are seeking to capture every occurance from the mundane to the ridiculous, using these events to seek social validation on a 24/7 basis.
October 31, 2015
I never got the appeal of "devices" either. I only have an emergency flip phone myself, so I can be in the moment. No one knows the #. I can't remember it myself now, unless I look for it.
October 31, 2015
In May, after much research and hand-wringing, I purchased a smartphone.

Being low-income, I made sure that I got the best possible deal for my projected needs.

I decided that a smartphone was an indulgence that had to work to earn it's keep, so I required it to save me $20 additional money per month for a year that could only be done with the phone. (ie fully pay for itself)
I was able to earn so much in savings for shopping that the phone was fully re-paid in weeks and I continue to save money and get rebates and points.

The main uses that I have for it is:
- as a phone (duhhhh....)
- a good camera
- a small computer (email)
- price-matching, coupons and rebates
- photo album
- music player
- as a mechanism for learning languages for free
- simple games

That said, I chose to shut the smartphone down about 75% of the time, so I am not leashed to it as many people seem to be.
October 31, 2015
cassia, also don't forget the calendar and there's an app called evernote that is superb.
calendar is the only thing that to me is crucial. absolutely critical: the phone is the one common denominator.
goes everywhere i go...and i lve the kindle app...

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 31, 2015
I see entire famblees glued to phones (as in one per person) in restaurants all the time. Moo, Duh, all kyds. Sometimes they spend like 10 minutes looking at the phone before opening the menu. I always find it an amusing sight. Well I suppose it's better than the kyds shrieking for no reason.
October 31, 2015
I found it to be a quite sad sight when a few years ago we were waiting for our tour to start at the Frank Lloyd Wright house at Fallingwater. There were so many interesting things to look at and yet all of these families were just glued to their phones. Glued. Sad really.
November 01, 2015
I'm quite happy to have my phone when I need to look up some information ("Oh, this shop is closed. Where's the nearest branch and what are its opening hours?"), schedule something, or when I'm unexpectedly stuck in a tedious situation, such as yesterday when there was an amazingly long line at the post office and could read some articles online. (If I know I'll be stuck somewhere I bring a book.) When I'm with friends I prefer to give them my attention, and when I'm at home I mostly ignore my phone unless someone is messaging me. I consider my phone nice to have but I could do without it as well. People who are constantly on their phones when friends or family are present are just rude "grass is greener" people.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login