Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A school full of Little Chuckies (teachers aren't safe from kindergartners)

Posted by Dorisan 
A school full of Little Chuckies (teachers aren't safe from kindergartners)
November 14, 2015
"Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?"

Four teachers and a librarian have resigned from the school since September

They were only able to hold out for 3 months, folks. They have also gone to their union about the working conditions - involving kindergartners. Kids small enough to punt.

The folks here who are teachers. My sympathy to you in working in an educational system that has become so powerless it can be taken down by a bunch of snots hardly out of diapers. I bet some are probably still in diapers. I don't know how you do it.
Three things in play here...

1. Breeders have bred unnecessarily and have produced children who are unwanted.
2. The unwanted children know that they're unwanted, and they can't cope. So they act out.
3. Instead of parenting (disciplining) these children, the breeders do nothing, further reinforcing to the children that they are unwanted.

I don't blame the kids, I blame the breeders. The kids are just reacting to a set of circumstances that are far beyond their control. The teachers are caught in the crossfire. The students who actually want to learn something are victims here, too.

I am not a big-government advocate. Not even a little bit. But I'm leaning more and more toward the notion that birth control and abortion should be readily available, safe, and paid for by the taxpayers for those who cannot afford it. When you're talking about the total cost of these problems, this would be a fraction of the cost of what these kinds of children will charge society with. When a child is violent enough to attack his kindergarten teacher, what do you think he'll be like when he's 18? 21?
18?21? they'll be the next generation of entitled college radicals. (oh.. if the make it to college)
I have to agree that discipline starts at home with the parents teaching the children when they are young.

'Special' student or not, they should know better than to act out violently, hitting, biting and attacking a teacher. It's obvious that these kids were never taught respect for their peers or elders and that parents had no intention of teaching their kids as such. They just think that school is a free babysitter so they can dump their little clone off for a few hours a day.

It's a small class so it provides a more intimate, structured learning environment. There's no reason that these kids should be in control. When I was in school we all feared getting in trouble because it meant a trip to the principal's office and a call home to our parents. Now they seem to really put the 'pal' back in principal where he/she doesn't do any disciplinary measures even for troubled students.

Not only did we hear it from the school but then from our parents when we got home. They usually punished us until we could behave, get our grades up or whatever the issue was. School is now turning into a big joke where the students that want to learn can't and they suffer because of the undisciplined brats and their breeder parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
The real problem is these aren't children. They're income. Extra housing allowance, extra foodstamps, extra Christmas presents, lunches, extra winter coats, etc. ad nauseum. Does anyone think that these children are going to amount to anything other than another occupant of a cell in the penal system?
starlady
18?21? they'll be the next generation of entitled college radicals. (oh.. if the make it to college)

LOL! smileys with beer

They'll be the next generation of "cancer curers" who major in sociology, demand "free" tuition, and can't handle reading anything without a "trigger warning" properly in place.
I read the article and a good chunk of the comments, many of which were from teachers. Most of these shocking stories hit home and seemed overly familiar to me. What everyone seems to agree upon is that such behavior is the new normal. I'm seven years into my teaching career and I want out in the worst way. Many people are taking early retirement if they can. I am looking into other careers because this is not going to be my reality for the next few decades.

Of course it's the tards who are doing it, but oh, they will feel discwiminated against if they're put in their own fucking classrooms rather than lumped in with normal classes and taught by teachers who don't know how the fuck to deal with them. The principals don't have to care because they don't have to deal with any one kid for longer than maybe 20 minutes at a time; kid goes to the office, gets told how bad he is, gets sent back for the teacher to deal with the rest of the day.

I agree, the problem is 100 percent the parents. They have kids they most likely didn't even want, they proceed to do less than a shitty job of raising those kids, they don't teach the kids how to act properly and don't discipline them at all (insert Dr. Google autism diagnosis here), and then when the kid turns five, Moo doesn't have to care anymore because she can send Junior off to free babysitting five days a week, seven hours a day. I'm sure the average response of the parents whose children assaulted teachers is that it's the teachers' faults for not doing their jobs (read: doing their jobs AND Moo's job), the teachers did something to provoke the kids, and so forth. It must be wonderful to never have to accept blame/responsibility for your own child's horrible behavior.

There's not much, if anything, teachers and support staff can do to defend themselves when faced with a violent kid either. It's not like they can punch the kid in the face (even when the kid deserves it... and let's face it, sometimes they do deserve it) or even put their hands on the kid in any way, like to restrain him or block the kid's hits. But they probably also can't just leave the room because that can put the other students in danger, and administration won't do anything because they don't want to piss off the bitchy parents. So the teaching staff just has to take the abuse because parents want school to raise their kids for them... but they'd better not DARE hurt the kids' peewins by telling them NO. The same stellar parental units will continue to jump to the defense of their rotten little brats in two decades when the kids are being charged with murder.

Schools are so overly sensitive now about fucking safety... the safety of the brats. They don't seem to care that the brats themselves are the sources of danger. How's about some goddamn staff safety? In any other job, if someone assaulted someone else at their place of employment, there would be consequences ranging from professional to criminal. Why are schools the exception? Bad student behavior used to be punished, but now it's pretty much encouraged because nothing can genuinely be done about it. If a screaming brat gets in trouble, it's parents will stomp in and scream at the teacher and/or principal that their child did nothing wrong, proving to the student that they are immune to punishment and can do whatever the fuck they want.

And people are still telling me that I "need" to teach. Ummm, HOW ABOUT NO?!
Well, that's why there's a revolving door of teachers and there's no longer any longevity with teachers who have been teaching for 20+ years. In a few years, we're going to see what effect that will have on the students, when every teacher they've had is less than five years into their careers. When college and graduate school already causes somebody to go into six-figure debt, how willing are they to go for an M.Ed for a career path that pays beans (unless you work in a county like mine where the pay is pretty good but that's because the COL is ridiculously high, so to balance it, you have to live an hour or more away where it's cheaper and it's highly competitive to get teaching jobs here, even when we're constantly building new schools) and you only get abuse, reduction of authority, and not being able to actually educate students?

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Here's what it'll take: enough unions willing to back teachers and administrators when they press assault charges when some kid breaks a staff member's nose or stabs him/her with a pencil. Parents already try to argue with/ignore administrators. I've seen kids hauled out of school into sheriff's cars. In most cases, that was just to take them home and "work with" the parents.

But until teachers are allowed to press charges, parents like that won't do shit. In the current climate, teachers are legally allowed to press charges, but it tends to cost them their jobs. They might not lose their job that very minute, but they're viewed as trouble-makers and are often forced out.

And yep, the "lifespan" of teachers is less than four years. Hell, the year I was hired, there was a guy who lasted three days.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login