December 09, 2005
peek a boob. hahahahahaha.
Anonymous User
Re: Toys 4 Tots gift-grab
December 09, 2005
I'm actually planning to get a Sphynx and name it Kitsune. ^^
December 09, 2005
I give to Toys for Tots only the stuffed animals that I find in the closet and it doesn't have sentemental value. For example I found a teddy bear dressed in a bunny outfit that my mom-in-law gave me several years ago when I was dating my husband for Easter. That was sweet, but in order to avoid clutter I will regift and will give it to this charity. Hopefully a needy kid will appreciate it, since these days kids are becoming so selfish and picky with toys and less appreciative!
mercurior 1
December 10, 2005
comment 685, i think a lot of us are ok with giving to toys for tots in general principle, but.. when it comes down to they want 5 toys in pristine boxed condition, they want ps2's psps etc etc etc, or toys that cost a fair bit, thats when it becomes unacceptable, why does little bratleigh need this $100 toy, when a $20 one is just as good.

and so on, its the over begging action that gets most of us
Leaning toward childfree
December 10, 2005
Purplepenguin--

what does a Sphynx look like? Not like the Sphinx in Egypt, I would imagine.

I'm going to get turtles over Christmas, and name them Conan Edogawa and Gamera. Then over summer break, I'll get a kitten or two, and name one Arvee (for Romeo Void or Royal Violet) and Dubhshee, which is Irish for "Dark Fairy." I love your cat's names!

sprogless
December 10, 2005
The thing is, "needy" doesn't mean the same thing as it used to. Now kids are "underprivileged". IMO, that implies entitlement. Why are poor kids entitled to the same things that others have to work their asses off to buy? I don't mind helping out truly needy people, but I refuse to be taken advantage of. These are big ticket items, and that isn't what charity is about. This is greed, plain and simple.
cheeselouise
December 11, 2005
Definitely, Sprogless. We have a holiday charity here run by the newspaper, so every day for weeks before Giftmas, readers are HOUNDED to donate so all the pooooor faaaambleees can have expensive, unnecessary shit. Every year, there are stupid suckers who succumb to the pressure and donate thousands, which the paper then turns around and uses to buy crap like...snowboards for the brats. Yup, SNOWBOARDS. Hello...if you are really THAT poor, you can't afford the sport to begin with...gear, clothing, lift tickets, and transportation...even with a donated snowboard. And if you CAN afford it, then you have no fucking business using this charity!!

It's all out of control, and I'm SICK of it. I need to dig out my Grinch button and start wearing it. >:-[
Anonymous User
August 30, 2006
CF Scorpio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't believe they're actually running an ad
> with some Moo having the nerve to beg for at least
> 5 toys for her kids! Entitlement knows no bounds
> these days! When I was a kid, I only got ONE Xmas
> gift! That's IT! My family was middle-class and
> it never would have occurred to them to give me 5
> presents! So what makes these "underprivileged"
> people think they have the right to demand 5 gifts
> for their kids? How about GETTING A JOB and
> earning the money to buy 5 gifts for your kid,
> bitch?

I'm playing catch up, CF people, but I need to comment on this...

I have a friend who picked up and moved several years ago to Florida. She went there to live with an aunt and have her baby. I was unaware she was pregnant when she left, as she didn't tell many people. It was her third pregnancy by the idiot Gambian man-whore. She miscarried the first, and aborted the second. Said Gambian man-whore is the type that feels women are property. GF didn't want to hear my lectures, so she skipped out of town without telling me.

The poor thing gets down to FLA in the middle of hurricane season, and her aunt is wiped out as well. GF had to live in a shelter and I felt really badly for her. But it was HER decision.

Anyway, said GF has always had an entitlement issue. She is of "mixed" ethnic heritage, and plays the card whenever it suits her. Now that she has a child, she goes for the gusto even more. Whenever I was in a tough spot in life, her first advice was always to get on some kind of government program. Ugh.

Earlier this year, she called me up to give me updates on her life. She goes on to tell me that she has been very sick and couldn't even make it to work for a while. Then she says that this "Dove" program screwed her and her daughter over at Christmastime. I ask her what the Dove program is and why she felt she was screwed over.

She explains that it is a program for underprivileged women with children, such as herself, can sign up to get christmas presents for their spawn. She said she was so sick, she was unable to make it to the distribution center the day they handed the stuff out. She then says she called the Dove program and explained that she was sick. THey said they were sorry, but the distribution center was closed and there would be no way she could get anything.

She whined about how THEY screwed her and baby over. I explained to her that it is noone's responsibility but her own to provide christmas gifties for her child. And the fact that someone is good enough to help her out due to her own choice, she should have found some way to get there. It is not there responsibility to get her ass and give her stuff. She tried to wheedle out of it, but I wouldn't let her. I didn't talk to her for some time after that.

I don't know if I should feel bad about this, but recently she called me to say that her daughter was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma. She is now unable to work because she has to care for the child around the clock. There are many fund raisers being held for her. I think that's great. You know what's really fucked up? The man-whore daddy REFUSES to give a blood sample for a possible bone marrow transplant. This guy isn't even a citizen, has knocked up several local women, sends most of his money back to Africa to support his 36 brothers and sisters from his father's five wives, and he has the nerve to pull this crap. He also has some other chick knocked up right now as well.

Note: He works as a cook for TGIF's and they know what is going on. In the past they have taken his side and even bailed him out of jail when he got arrested for harrassing my friend after she put an emergency PFA on him. TGIF's sucks balls anyway, but that's an even better reason to boycott them.

Sorry for my long posts. I type really fast.

Anonymous User
August 30, 2006
TGIF's bailed that illegal asshat out of jail? Why would an employer do that for anyone, especially an illegal?

Methinks since they knew the issues AND he was illegal, they bailed him out to save their asses from a press leak. Looks like I won;t be darkening their doorsteps anytime soon...
August 30, 2006
At one place I worked security in the late 90's, there was a gift list for "underprivileged" kids in the breakroom on the bulletin board during the X-mas season. What got under my skin was how the children and teens listed expensive items such as CD payers, Game Boys, Liz Claiborne handbags, and pricey perfumes. I am not saying that the poor should get hand-me-downs or crummy presents but it does bother me when expen$ive gifts are asked when someone else other than the parents/family are paying the bill.
Anonymous User
August 30, 2006
lv67 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TGIF's bailed that illegal asshat out of jail?
> Why would an employer do that for anyone,
> especially an illegal?
>
> Methinks since they knew the issues AND he was
> illegal, they bailed him out to save their asses
> from a press leak. Looks like I won;t be
> darkening their doorsteps anytime soon...

I don't think he's illegal, just on a never-ending visa. He doesn't even care about being American.

Yea, TGIF sucks big time.

Anonymous User
August 30, 2006
India, I know what you mean! I've seen those *Angel Tree* things in malls, and the gifts they demand are the same expensive stuff!

You know, if a kid asked for something small, like the newest Harry Potter book or something like that, I'd have no problem with buying it. The fact that they'd be asking for somethng so small really means that the family has NOTHING. Then, I feel for them.

But these welfare moos, in my opinion, are TEACHING their brats to be greedy and ask for expensive stuff from charity. They do the same for themselves, and the kids are only following the examples they see.

I see too many welfare moos with designer clothes, hairdos, nails, cell phones, iPods, and such. If they can afford to buy all of that crap, they should be able to buy something for the kids for Christmas.
August 30, 2006
This shit makes my blood boil. Firstly, man whore needs to get shipped back to his reigning hell hole.

Secondly, slut moo needs to wake up and smell the roses, HER kid is HER responsibility. Her cancer is surely tragic. Not having health insurance that the moo pays for on her own, I'm sure the good ol' government is picking up the tab on that one. Probably getting the best care, too. I'm overly bitter about this because a friend of a friend of mine from New Hampshire had the SAME cancer and wasn't able to have the treatments or medications she needed because her health care didn't pay for it and she wasn't eligible for any aid. These were not wealthy people and V****** died this past September. Yet the kid of a slut welfare moo will have the best care to get better, grow up and continue the vicious cycle of breeding fatherless children living off the system. What a country we live in.

People like that make me sick.
Anonymous User
August 30, 2006
Actually, my friend was working at the time at a hospital when all of this happened. It's really sad, because she finally got a clue, realized the man-whore is a dick and always will be, and was able to hold onto employment long enough to get health care.

She did give the baby a stupid name, though. "Keyonna Skye". Barf.
Bijou
hello
September 13, 2006
I am a stupid spammer who needs to die!
JoJo
Re: hello
September 13, 2006
My sister ran into the same entitlement attitude a few years back at her work. The 'underpriveleged youth' requested: $200 Timberland boots, an X-Box, and various expensive clothes and games. It would have cost her nearly $1,000 bucks to satisfy his greed. I believe she sent him a soccer ball.
September 13, 2006
Speaking of soccer balls, there was a Secret Santa at one call center in 2004. A "wish list" was made up by all of us. A spending limit was set so there were no outrageous requests by co-workers. The name I drew only wanted a small soccer ball and a deck of cards. I was touched that this young man was not greedy so I ended up giving him a Texas Hold 'Em game since he did like to play poker. I do not mind being generous at all but it cannot be a forced deal.
September 15, 2006
My company holds this type of gift grab every year. It makes me fucking sick to my stomach to see the expensive gifts my dumb ass co-workers are so stupidly buying for these people. Most recipients are single ho-bag moos with several kids or famblees with 6 or 7 kids.

Once again for the cheap seats:

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD A KID, PLEASE DON'T HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CF Uter
September 22, 2006
I give to no Xmas charities b/c as you guys said, the gifts they ask for are expensive, they won't take stuffed animals anymore, and they want them unwrapped, and they don't even want gently used stuff. One would think if people were truly poor, they would take whatever they could get. I don't get my nephews and nieces stuff like they ask for on these charities lists.

I can't believe the lemmings who give to those angel trees at work, they really fall for the bullshit hook, line and sinker, just to make themselves feel good. Plus, you know they aren't people who fall on hard times but welfare moos, who just sit around and get preggo time after time b/c they have nothing better to do than fuck.

I'm glad i'm not the only scrooge that sees thru these scams. I swear, IRL I feel like I'm the only one who thinks like this and looks like a grouch when I dont' donate. I'm so glad to have found you guys. :yr
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.