Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dating coach for divorced DuHs

Posted by mrs. chinaski 
Dating coach for divorced DuHs
February 15, 2016
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3447281/Tricks-divorced-men-use-seduce-two-years-dismal-dating-one-50-bachelor-called-love-coach-teach-on.html

His name is Manj Weerasekera, aka The Fresh Start Guy, a highly regarded international coach for divorced men looking to attract their ideal partner.

'In women's minds, there are two kinds of men: those they want to date and those they want to avoid,' says Manj.
'The difference between the two isn't good looks, money or even a charming personality. Really, looks aren't the big issue. She won't mind if you don't have a gym–toned body or if you've lost a bit of hair . . because it's confidence that is important, being the kind of person who seems as if he could look after a woman.'

-> Yep DuHs, fake it till you make it!

The Coaching is not for free
Manj charges up to £2,500 a month for his services, including 90 minutes of one-on-one coaching in his London office and unlimited phone and email access to his wisdom. Typically, clients might see him for six to eight months.

Figures mentioned in the article: 47% of divorced men are keen to wed again. But just 20% of women are.
Re: Dating coach for divorced DuHs
February 15, 2016
I have seen similar statistics concerning widowers.
February 15, 2016
Interesting, I've never once thought of confidence as an attractive trait as it is often an act.
Self-awareness, honesty, character, compassion, a moral compass, empathy, integrity, humility, yes.
Confidence more often stems from disillusion than from self-awareness.
February 16, 2016
@ freya: you are right. A guy who is "confident" is actually arrogant to me, something like so called Alpha male.
Who would want that?
February 16, 2016
freya
Interesting, I've never once thought of confidence as an attractive trait as it is often an act.
Self-awareness, honesty, character, compassion, a moral compass, empathy, integrity, humility, yes.
Confidence more often stems from disillusion than from self-awareness.

I think the positive character traits can come together to make a guy who is comfortable and confident. But when he uses that confidence in a mercenary way to find a date, it curdles into arrogance. I've also noticed a lot of people (both men and women) who confuse confidence and arrogance.

Someone who is comfortable in their own skin can be attractive. Someone who's pushing their level of comfort is arrogant.
February 16, 2016
Well, the author/client is attractive, and has a dog. Too bad I really had to delve into the article to find out about the kids.

I don't agree that a newly single 50-something is an embarrassment. I do think that many want something they themselves cannot bring to the table.

Why he is really single, by one of the comments: Simon is single because he is a Narcissist. His wife was very socially ambitious too. When you read his old articles, find the one written in 1991.... on New Years Eve... he talks about his then girlfriend (Yasmin) as if she's an object, a trophy.... He's looking for another Yasmin but instead he'll end up with a young ambitious journo who'll do the same thing, that's if his sex drive hasn't disappeared haha! and if you believe he actually paid that guy.... The DM paid him and this is an ADVERTORIAL FOR THIS SNAKE OIL SALESMAN! !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 19, 2016
Basically, he's charging $5K a month to coach these rich losers into being even bigger not-so-rich losers. The thing is that these half-wits could've improved their odds by using common sense and manners which is free, and used the $5K to buy themselves high class hookers that would stroke their egos (among other things winking smiley) more than the bs peddled by this charlatan.

Oh well, a fool is easily parted with their $$$
February 20, 2016
nokidsandhappy
Basically, he's charging $5K a month to coach these rich losers into being even bigger not-so-rich losers. The thing is that these half-wits could've improved their odds by using common sense and manners which is free, and used the $5K to buy themselves high class hookers that would stroke their egos (among other things winking smiley) more than the bs peddled by this charlatan.

Oh well, a fool is easily parted with their $$$

Marriage has been sold and oversold in every way ever imaginable. People are being conditioned by main stream media that marriage equates to happiness and success. Nobody asks why are so many people divorced and how happy they really were in a marriage.

Very few coaches seem to promote a lifestyle that teaches how to be happy and single - the few that do try, they have success but only with a small number of people.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login