Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Single moo rant about being fired...

Posted by navi8orgirl 
Single moo rant about being fired...
March 01, 2016
Last week Yelp got put on blast on Medium over some low level milennial who felt that she was not getting paid enough and was eating rice to kill hunger pangs (yes SF is expensive), while the idea of roommates was not on her mind. She gave everyone her paypal and gofundme accounts though.

Her whole "only eating rice" was exposed as a lie when she forgot to lock down her Instagram, which featured prosciutto and brie biscuits, gourmet cupcakes and a 40 dollar bottle of bourbon brought to her office by a $30 delivery service. Not to mention a pretty nice car that is not what she describes.

(For the tl/dr crowd, Yelp fired her that day. And she got blasted in comments; one actually offered her a job but a week later he had yet to hear from her.)

Today we feature Medium Yelp Blast, the single moo edition:

Long story short, fuckpal got into an accident, was in ICU, she took time off and they told her if you don't come in today, don't bother coming in tomorrow.

Well, she chose. So did Yelp.

So she set out to destroy Yelp with the phrase employers looove so much....

I am the single mother who in week 1 of month 3 came to work with such a horrible cold I had no voice but only went home sick when I couldn’t pitch any more.

I am the single mother whose 3-year-old hid her keys in the fridge on Friday and couldn’t get to f–––––– work.

I am the single mother whose boyfriend was in a horrible mountain biking accident on Saturday and landed in the ICU with a brain bleed.

I am the single mother who immediately told my manager and director what happened and I would be the one caring for him. They told me they hoped he would be okay, they were so sorry, and would look into options Monday.

I am the single mother who while in the ICU today got a phone call from my manager, director, and HR who said I could either come in now or resign. When I said I needed some time and this is all traumatic with caring for my boyfriend they told me that I would need to make a decision by noon and if I didn’t come in or resign, they would terminate me. In tears I said ok and hung up.

You get the gist...every sentence starts the same way.

Yelp retaliated on Twitter by exposing this model employee.

"We had to part ways with Ms. Senigaglia due to repeated absences (10 of her 59 workdays with Yelp) despite many exceptions to accommodate her needs. We provided multiple, documented warnings and ongoing performance conselling specifically related to reliability and attendance issues. Sadly, this role was just not a good fit. We wish her the best," it added.

Shit, bitch, I would have fired you after 5. Went to glassdoor, I want to work at Yelp:

They pay 100 percent of your medical, dental and vision. You pay a 20 dollar copay.
They paid for my gym monthly, only up to $50 but that covered it for me.
Plenty of other onsite wellness perks like yoga in the meeting rooms, massages, etc.
Paid vacation days and PTO was great and would accrue.
Commuter benefits (little miss up top caught in yet another lie.)
Sick days were easy - I would just text my manager if I truly wasn't feel well and it was never an issue to take the day off.
Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch with snacks. Company sponsored and paid outings on a monthly basis for the sales teams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Re: Single moo rant about being fired...
March 01, 2016
There was also a nice response by a woman just five years older than the whiny low-level woman, calling the leach out for her entitlement and describing the time she spent as a waitress waiting for a break. This was before the lies were even exposed.
March 01, 2016
She makes $2000 a month
Pays $2500 a month in rent alone
and $1200 in daycare
plus all the rest of her expenses

Someone can't do basic math. Note she didn't account for any child support payments. Also, she is in sales and refers to a base pay but then brags about all the sales she brings in the first two months but never mentions her commissions.

Who in their right mind relocates to a dead end job in San Francisco for $24K a year? There are sales jobs to be found outside of the most expensive city in the country. I've heard of developers (who make closer to six figures) who have to have roommates, etc. just to survive in SF.

Her famblee must be just as disillusioned to be funding this pipedream.
March 02, 2016
They think it's the ultimate get out of jail free card. Anytime you feel like being irresponsible and then somebody notices, just scream "BUT I'M A MOM!" and all sins are forgiven.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
March 02, 2016
freya
She makes $2000 a month
Pays $2500 a month in rent alone
and $1200 in daycare
plus all the rest of her expenses

Someone can't do basic math. Note she didn't account for any child support payments. Also, she is in sales and refers to a base pay but then brags about all the sales she brings in the first two months but never mentions her commissions.

Who in their right mind relocates to a dead end job in San Francisco for $24K a year? There are sales jobs to be found outside of the most expensive city in the country. I've heard of developers (who make closer to six figures) who have to have roommates, etc. just to survive in SF.

Her famblee must be just as disillusioned to be funding this pipedream.

Commissions, child support, WIC, other government subsidies, family contribution...funny how none of this is mentioned. She also fails to mention the boyfriend's contribution. He injured himself mountain biking. May I add how expensive a sport mountain biking is?

As for princess rice-cakes...If anything she can get rich off of rice alchemy. Write a book on how to make those brie biscuits and cupcakes with only some water, snacks pilfered from work and a 10 pound bag of rice.

And Yelp (from work perk sites) provides breakfast AND lunch to its employees not to mention an in house barista for coffee.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 02, 2016

...eating rice to kill hunger pangs...

She was complaining that she had to eat food to get rid of hunger? confused smiley
March 02, 2016
SHe was complaining that she only had a bag of rice to eat. Because she was too poor to afford any food. Her car was broken down and she had no money for her BART commuter card.

Yelp offers free breakfast and lunch, unlimited snacks and fancy water and drinks to its employees. Even if you can't afford dinner, you already had plenty.

Her other social media proved the all rice and no car story was a lie. Ditto for the BART card, since Yelp pays commuter bennies.

March 02, 2016
The second someone pulls the parent card, esp the single mawm/duddy card, I lose sympathy.

Evan Davis
March 02, 2016
navi8orgirl
Last week Yelp got put on blast on Medium over some low level milennial who felt that she was not getting paid enough and was eating rice to kill hunger pangs (yes SF is expensive), while the idea of roommates was not on her mind. She gave everyone her paypal and gofundme accounts though.

Her whole "only eating rice" was exposed as a lie when she forgot to lock down her Instagram, which featured prosciutto and brie biscuits, gourmet cupcakes and a 40 dollar bottle of bourbon brought to her office by a $30 delivery service. Not to mention a pretty nice car that is not what she describes.

Those are some really expensive and elaborate meals/desserts, not exactly 40 creative ways to prepare rice!
March 03, 2016
Her basic math skills are really bad. Maybe if she had said, "I'm the single mother who can't even use a calculator" that would have helped? No?
March 03, 2016
crazy old crone
Her basic math skills are really bad. Maybe if she had said, "I'm the single mother who can't even use a calculator" that would have helped? No?

Everyone with two brain cells knows that you should never depend on bonuses or commissions for basics. If your pay is 2000 a month, with potential commissions of 2000 a month, your income is NOT 4000 so don't get that 2600 a month apartment.

I'm the single mother who lies through her teeth about her earnings while finding every excuse to not get to work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login