Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clothing for mahms

Posted by freya 
Clothing for mahms
February 20, 2016
Okay, until today I thought there was clothing for kids, men and woman and pregnasties. Now I've learned there is clothing for mahms, or rather a store that claims to cater to mahms. A bit confusing, but if mahms shop here with the bratz in tow it could be a good thing for the rest of us: https://www.evereve.com/

Apparently it used to be called Hot Mama but that name probably didn't help sales, go figure!
Found this too: http://www.fastcompany.com/1714764/how-retailer-hot-mama-rethinking-shopping-moms
Re: Clothing for mahms
February 21, 2016
So much for everything snapping back into place and being the same shape after as before.
February 21, 2016
"Moms want to be catered to, but they're underserved, and
the demographic Hot Mama is after has high disposable income.
It's created a valuable concept."

confused smiley
I would say that rich mawm has enough money to hire a personal trainer
and a nutritionist. IMHO rich mawm will be slim thanks to exercise, diet and surgery
and shopping at Versace & co.
February 21, 2016
Actually, that evereve site had a couple of cute maxi dresses, but they won't be getting my business because they only cater to moos. I am definitely NOT interested in lining their pockets with my CF money.
February 21, 2016
Just because I want to brag smiling smiley

About my 'basic' sewing skills ~

I had these (probably cheap / basic / 'un branded') $4 jeans I got at the Goodwill store. Dark blue, low rise, bell bottom. I lost weight so I decided to 'make them smaller'. Which was just sewing them up on the outside seams. I also got rid of 'the bell bottom' and made them straight. Then I decided to dye them black (pkg. of dye - $2.)

A short while later I saw these "J Brand Skinny Jeans" in a magazine, the ones I saw were $240, here is an example / sim pic -

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-brand-811-skinny-stretch-jeans-ink/3182245

My "re made" cheap jeans - turned out just like this! They look exactly like this! YAY! For $6.

I can do some simple sewing (I do have a sewing machine), and I am trying to improve my skills. Yes I am kind of 'cheap' - but I also *do like doing this*. It can work out better too because alot of the things in stores (or online) - is kind of over priced crap. And / or not what you want. And / or - now pitched at Moos. EYEROLL. Like there isn't enough 'Maternity' crap out there as is.

OK - There is a diff. between (US) - "Juniors" and "Misses" sizes, right? I always kind of thought that was *the point* of - the "Misses" sizes - that they were cut more for the Matronly / Moo figure.

I myself have (and still do) always gone for the 'Junior' sizes because they seem to be a 'slimmer' cut. Such as jeans / pants in these sizes are for the smaller of ass and hips. The 'Misses' seem longer waisted also. I do not have a large chest either.

But if I see something that 'looks interesting' in a size too big - hey, I can try to alter that. OK - you know a few years ago (er, I think it was the 90s, ha) - when the 'baby doll' dresses and tops were 'in'? I have a few of those (don't judge me!) one was a dress which I shortened into a top. I found it on a clearance rack. I'm pretty sure it was Maternity wear, ha. Not anymore! grinning smiley

Hey, if it's an interesting thing and you'd just have to do 'a bit' of simple sewing work on it - why not? And it's not the same old crap in the stores.

I hope to progress to more complex sewing skills too. I find it all interesting, and you can save $ and create things that are kind of unique too. Or sim to $$$ stuff in stores for a fraction of the price.
February 22, 2016
Zzelda
Just because I want to brag smiling smiley

About my 'basic' sewing skills ~

I had these (probably cheap / basic / 'un branded') $4 jeans I got at the Goodwill store. Dark blue, low rise, bell bottom. I lost weight so I decided to 'make them smaller'. Which was just sewing them up on the outside seams. I also got rid of 'the bell bottom' and made them straight. Then I decided to dye them black (pkg. of dye - $2.)

A short while later I saw these "J Brand Skinny Jeans" in a magazine, the ones I saw were $240, here is an example / sim pic -

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-brand-811-skinny-stretch-jeans-ink/3182245

My "re made" cheap jeans - turned out just like this! They look exactly like this! YAY! For $6.

Noooo, this isn't basic sewing!
I can sew a button, repair a basic seam and (sometimes) hem pants. That is basic sewing.

Zzelda

OK - There is a diff. between (US) - "Juniors" and "Misses" sizes, right? I always kind of thought that was *the point* of - the "Misses" sizes - that they were cut more for the Matronly / Moo figure.

I myself have (and still do) always gone for the 'Junior' sizes because they seem to be a 'slimmer' cut. Such as jeans / pants in these sizes are for the smaller of ass and hips. The 'Misses' seem longer waisted also. I do not have a large chest either.

I was the freak of nature who hit puberty at 10 and by 12 couldn't wear Juniors clothing anymore. I was tiny but it was my proportions which made to change to Misses clothing. I hope I don't have a matronly/moo figure....ewwww
February 22, 2016
I looked at the new website.
It seems that the strategy and target group changed
- from rich mawm to middle-class mawm.

I don't think that a skirt for 39 USD is a an item for someone
who has high disposable income.

The description of the links
"Trends moms need"
"Brands moms love"
is enough for me to leave the site and never come back.
February 22, 2016
Interestingly, Hudson and Joe's Jeans are designer denim that only go to a size 12. Lots of those stores already exist.

I looked at brands, and while they still have high end brands they are definitely looking to capture the midlevel mawm. But once again, lots of those stores exist.

Then again those stores don't keep toys and animal crackers on hand for spoiled little shits. http://www.inc.com/jill-krasny/why-hot-mama-changed-its-name-to-evereve.html

And yes, Hot Mama was thought to be mooternity wear which is why they changed names.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 22, 2016
Definition of a mother.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *Sniffle* Oh rly?

And does anyone notice the constant Eve commentary? What, they think they're goddesses now?
February 22, 2016
why shop there, they probably drag the sex trophies along.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 22, 2016
I looked at the site, it looks like your standard selection, mall clothes in my area.
February 22, 2016
catharsist
Definition of a mother.

And does anyone notice the constant Eve commentary? What, they think they're goddesses now?

A woman mahm who does the work of twenty a mahm without asking for anything in return and alternates between bragging and whining about it aplenty.

At least Eve consorted with a serpent and received the magic fruit!
February 24, 2016
I haven't heard of/seen a mombie clothing store but there is a spa in my city called MOM SPA that "caters to mothers" I have absolutely no idea what the fuck that means, but I would rather get a massage from ted bundy than go there. eye rolling smiley
February 24, 2016
myrna minkoff
I haven't heard of/seen a mombie clothing store but there is a spa in my city called MOM SPA that "caters to mothers" I have absolutely no idea what the fuck that means, but I would rather get a massage from ted bundy than go there. eye rolling smiley

Animal crackers and daycare for the crack monkeys?
February 28, 2016
Hells bell, everything "caters to mothers" these days! confused smiley

Back when basically everyone had kyds, whether they wanted to or not, being a parent wasn't worth bragging about or demanding extra privileges. Okay, exceptions noted--it was a big deal in the Third Reich. I'm not sure when that changed, but it's definitely been in my lifetime. Was it when the Boomers started having kyds? Was it when chyld psychology became a thing? Or (and I lean toward this) was it when women had the realistic option of going without having kyds for a lifetime?

It takes a child to raze a village.
February 29, 2016
Everything "caters to mothers" these days!

Yep.

Plastic Surgery - Mommy Makeover!

https://www.realself.com/Mommy-makeover/reviews
Warning, pics included!
February 29, 2016
catharsist
Definition of a mother.

Oh gawd, gotta rub those udders and tell them how important they are. We all know better.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
February 29, 2016
Speaking of, I saw the most disgusting breastfeeding photo on some random website.
She was nursing it, while in lingerie and high heels. It was gross.
Don't tell me they don't get off on it.

Evan Davis
February 29, 2016
cj
Hells bell, everything "caters to mothers" these days! confused smiley

Back when basically everyone had kyds, whether they wanted to or not, being a parent wasn't worth bragging about or demanding extra privileges. Okay, exceptions noted--it was a big deal in the Third Reich. I'm not sure when that changed, but it's definitely been in my lifetime. Was it when the Boomers started having kyds? Was it when chyld psychology became a thing? Or (and I lean toward this) was it when women had the realistic option of going without having kyds for a lifetime?

The first I saw of it was when politicians started talking about famblee values and those Baybee on board stickers started showing up everywhere. It is boomers that started this shit I would say. So special for breeding.

I don't think it's the worst thing if moos have special places to cater just to them. I would love some segregation, and places that attend to kyds and moos so I could avoid those products and businesses. If they think they are so special maybe they should have moo uniforms.

In the US politically I can't see this going any other way than what is happening in Europe, giving more and more money and perks to moos to be funded by everyone else. If too many stop breeding, nonbreeders will be punished. The fewer who breed will become even more spayshel, just like Third Reich.
February 29, 2016
mrs. chinaski
Everything "caters to mothers" these days!

Yep.

Plastic Surgery - Mommy Makeover!

https://www.realself.com/Mommy-makeover/reviews
Warning, pics included!

I now understand the meaning of socks with oranges in them. Yikes!
Maybe if more women saw that site they may decide pregnasty isn't for them, or at least beastfeeding.
And some of these women still look pregnant 15 or 20 years lager (carry 30 plus pounds around their midsection only).
March 03, 2016
Marketing. It's not like there are different sizes for women with kids, than other women.
March 03, 2016
crazy old crone
Marketing. It's not like there are different sizes for women with kids, than other women.

Exactly. I have met moms whose bodies I would love to have, and others that look like 50 pounds of hammered shit stuffed into a 30 pound sack.

I can find clothes in regular shops. So can they, but they pay a premium to have their brats wrangled while they shop.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 03, 2016
navi8orgirl
crazy old crone

Exactly. I have met moms whose bodies I would love to have, and others that look like 50 pounds of hammered shit stuffed into a 30 pound sack.

I can find clothes in regular shops. So can they, but they pay a premium to have their brats wrangled while they shop.

Exactly, the store is just targeting a demographic. The demographic is: women with children who want to be made to feel special about it, but not reminded by seeing things they don't fit that they don't have the body they used to have. The demographic is tiger stripe moo.
March 03, 2016
navi8orgirl
crazy old crone

I was so happy, I went shopping with my sister and aunt yesterday, and bought three tops. Two were mediums, a size which I couldn't fit before. Not only that, but they fit like they were made for me! I couldn't believe it, because I had thought that I put on weight! I have a big bust and wide shoulders, so I usually have to go with a large on top, but wear size 9 pants. It could be the fact that I'm busier in the house than I used to be in the townhouse, and I've lost a little weight in my upper body because of it.

However, in the mall, I saw fat moo after fat moo wrangling multiple bastards, and why are the guys they're with always so damned skinny? This is something I've noticed. The guys always look so submissive, beaten down and dead in the eyes. The women are usually carrying a freshly shat loaf, and weigh at least 250 pounds. Greasy ponytails or hair in messy buns, no makeup and cheap looking clothes. Usually shopping for the loaves, since it doesn't look like they put much effort into looking good themselves.

I have my spring wardrobe now, two new dresses, three new tops and two pairs of shoes; one pair for rain and one for summer. I paid for it all myself, using money I earned in my shop. grinning smiley

ETA: My weight has been a lifelong struggle, due to hypothyroidism and psyh med use. I am so happy to fit into mediums, I could do a happy dance!
March 05, 2016
@ Freya - no offense intended at all, very sorry sad smiley
I was likely thinking of old skool US sizing and marketing, and shopping with Nana at Sears and etc.

@ M6 - thumbs up
Physical work sure IS exercise and will trim you down and tone you up! And - you're doing other productive things at the same time. I'm the same way. I probably have a sim bod to yours - except with out the 'big bust'. Do have broad shoulders and know the issues of 'that'. I recently lost a few more lbs. and had to alter the aforementioned jeans *again*.

Also, M6, your post here inspired me to do a bit of shopping so I just ordered these ~

http://www.zappos.com/sbicca-zepp-tan?ef_id=VtuIuwAAAMfx3M-a:20160306013243:s

Let's hope that went through OK and they fit. I'm trying to keep the spending down, but I do need some new shoes. Hey - they're not the $950 GZ boots I had my eye on! Ha, no, I can't afford that high end stuff.

I'm trying to keep the spending down, M6 you did activate my itchy credit card finger! grinning smiley

I do need some new shoes though. I hope these work out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login