Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Diaper Shower

Posted by happyhiker 
Diaper Shower
March 07, 2016
So, another one of my friends bit the dust. She's pregnant, so I officially no longer enjoy her company, as pregnant women are insufferable. The latest conversation was about baby showers. Now, I usually show up to those with a gift and smile and eat cake and act like I give a shit. But, this bitch is also having a diaper shower. A totally separate shower just to buy her diapers. I laughed because I thought it was a joke. It wasn't. She got all pissy. I said, "Well, I don't recall you showing up at my house bearing litter when I adopted my cat." Of course, she explained, THAT would have been ridiculous. I chose to adopt a cat and accept that responsibility and no one else really cares. She perfectly laid out why baby showers are stupid.
Re: Diaper Shower
March 07, 2016
Wow. An entire separate event to provide shitsacks, literally.

My question to happyhiker is how does one give from zero to insufferably entitled in the time span of a few menstrual cycles? Will she expect another shower after the "push present" party to provide her bladder control pads too?

Edited for spellcheck fuckups
March 07, 2016
the noodler
My question to happyhiker is how does one give from zero to insufferably entitled in the time span of a few menstrual cycles?

That's the million dollar question. She used to be pretty cool, but now she's part of a miracle and deserves free stuff and a special parking spot.

the noodler
Will they expect another shower after the "push present" party to provide her bladder control pads too.

Good idea. I think people who are caregivers for an elderly person should get to throw adult diaper showers.
March 07, 2016
A diaper shower sounds like what happens when a loaf's diaper gets so full that the contents of said diaper start bursting out of the leg holes.

Christ, breeders (especially breeder women) are the biggest gimme pigs to ever exist on this shithole of a planet. Regular showers aren't enough, so they also have to have gender reveal parties (translation: gimme pink or blue clothes for babby), push presents (translation: gimme shit for birfing your babby, Duh), your average loaf shower (translation: gimme all the other shit I need for this babby because I'm too broke/cheap to buy it myself) and now diaper showers. What's next? TTC showers, where people give a woman loaf supplies before she gets pregnant?

Just once, I'd like to see one of these greedy shower-happy Moos have their ten separate bullshit showers, amass a whole pile of loaf shit and then have a stillborn loaf. Just as a big "fuck you" to her me me me attitude. You know someone who is that selfish is going to be a horrible parent.
March 07, 2016
Forgot to add that guests (suckers) who attend the diaper shower will be asked to provide a receipt, because the new mom-to-be doesn't know what brand of diaper she will prefer. Once she settles on a brand, she can exchange all the diapers that are not up to par.
March 07, 2016
Why not a condom and birth control pills and nuvaring and planned parenthood brochures shower?

I wonder if she got this idea from Ellen Pompeo, the actress who has people destroying the environment, one click at a time.
March 07, 2016
Cambion

Just once, I'd like to see one of these greedy shower-happy Moos have their ten separate bullshit showers, amass a whole pile of loaf shit and then have a stillborn loaf. Just as a big "fuck you" to her me me me attitude. You know someone who is that selfish is going to be a horrible parent.

Or worse. You go to a shower for someone having twins via surrogate and they ALL die. Said mother-to-not be has a huge house filled with baby stuff for babies that will never be and a woman she has never met is now dead as well. Imagine having that on your conscience. She is back at work instead of maternity leave and is asked daily of how are the baybeeeees. Needless to say she cries daily. Or so my friend, her sister, says. This happened recently in U.S. but has not been reported since my friend's sister is a very private person and hasn't sought media attention. It's very sad but another reason to do away with treating women like axlotl tanks.

I was going to start a thread about this but didn't want it to end up in a Google search and have my equally private as her sister friend disown me. The topic of the baybees is strictly DNM.
March 07, 2016
happyhiker
I laughed because I thought it was a joke. It wasn't. She got all pissy. I said, "Well, I don't recall you showing up at my house bearing litter when I adopted my cat." Of course, she explained, THAT would have been ridiculous. I chose to adopt a cat and accept that responsibility and no one else really cares. She perfectly laid out why baby showers are stupid.

She didn't see the parallels at all? Wow. Yeah, the hormones pickled her brain.

Sorry to hear that another one bit the dust. Sad that gamete collision turns otherwise awesome people into insufferable pricks or brainless prats. There is a chance that she'll come up for air in a few years. But don't hold your own breath waiting. Keep living your awesome CF life.
March 08, 2016
the noodler
Cambion

Or worse. You go to a shower for someone having twins via surrogate and they ALL die. Said mother-to-not be has a huge house filled with baby stuff for babies that will never be and a woman she has never met is now dead as well. Imagine having that on your conscience.

There are the following "celebrations": baby shower, diaper shower, gender revelation party..
before that thing is even born!!! confused smiley
"all dead" - That can happen when you celebrate something that actually doesn't exist (at least in a legal sense).
March 08, 2016
randomcfchick
happyhiker
I laughed because I thought it was a joke. It wasn't. She got all pissy. I said, "Well, I don't recall you showing up at my house bearing litter when I adopted my cat." Of course, she explained, THAT would have been ridiculous. I chose to adopt a cat and accept that responsibility and no one else really cares. She perfectly laid out why baby showers are stupid.

She didn't see the parallels at all? Wow. Yeah, the hormones pickled her brain.

There are no parallels in her mind. See, her baby is a special miracle who will be amazing and cure cancer and my cat is just an average cat.

(Just so you all know, I have the two best cats in North America, if not the world. Seriously, they are, like, gifted.)
March 08, 2016
You decided to expand your family and she ignored it. Now it's your turn!
March 08, 2016
happyhiker
Forgot to add that guests (suckers) who attend the diaper shower will be asked to provide a receipt, because the new mom-to-be doesn't know what brand of diaper she will prefer. Once she settles on a brand, she can exchange all the diapers that are not up to par.

That's tacky as hell! Please don't tell me you're going?
March 08, 2016
jesus fucking christ. that is beyond ridiculous.

you should fill up some diapers with cat poop, wrap them up, and give them to her.

hey, she might as well get used to shit everywhere. the finger smiley
March 08, 2016
Buy her some adult nappies, with no receipt. She'll need to wear them soon after the damage childbirth will do to her ladyparts
March 08, 2016
My friends at work are all pushing me to have a housewarming party once my new doublewide comes in next month because they want to buy me shit. While I a super grateful for that, I also feel a little embarrassed and would never dream of asking them to fund my new household. Why can't moos have the same kind of shame when they choose to have a brat, which is much more expensive and much less enjoyable than a new house anyways?
March 08, 2016
coco uk
Buy her some adult nappies, with no receipt. She'll need to wear them soon after the damage childbirth will do to her ladyparts

LOVE IT! Hey.. it's a diaper shower. She never specified what kind. DO IT!!
March 08, 2016
A diaper shower? What's next, a boob feeding shower where people buy her boob pumps and special boob feeding bras? This is why I don't hang out with breeders. They expect wayyy too much and give nothing in return.
March 08, 2016
happyhiker

Maybe I'm just a difficult person, but I would consider bringing about a dozen cloth diapers to this extravaganza. Moo might learn to be gracious (even if it's not what she'd prefer), and it makes the point that disposable diapers are a huge waste of money and resources. Of course, Moo could get offended, but so what?tongue sticking out smiley

It takes a child to raze a village.
March 08, 2016
pitbullgirl1965
happyhiker

That's tacky as hell! Please don't tell me you're going?

I haven't decided whether I'm not going or will go and bring either adult or cloth diapers as others here have suggested.
March 08, 2016
If she's really your friend you should be able to be honest with her and tell her that the gift grabs are getting out of hand and if it's going to continue like this you may have to reconsider the friendship.
March 08, 2016
Hey... cloth diapers always make good dust or cleaning cloths. wink
March 08, 2016
happyhiker
There are no parallels in her mind. See, her baby is a special miracle who will be amazing and cure cancer and my cat is just an average cat.

(Just so you all know, I have the two best cats in North America, if not the world. Seriously, they are, like, gifted.)

My cat was playing hide and seek at six months and she wasn't even gifted like your kitties are. Show me a baby who can top that!
Her baby will definitely be a resource sucker and is about as likely to cure cancer as your gifted kitties.
March 08, 2016
freya
happyhiker

My cat was playing hide and seek at six months and she wasn't even gifted like your kitties are. Show me a baby who can top that!
Her baby will definitely be a resource sucker and is about as likely to cure cancer as your gifted kitties.

Considering the fact that they often use animals such as cats to test possible treatments for things like cancer I would say that the probability of a cat curing cancer before a kid doing so is 100%.
March 08, 2016
It used to be one baby shower per famblee. The only exception would be if far off relatives or people at work organized something separate-most likely with the husband. It wasn't expected.

Any shower beyond the first one meant people were talking about how desperate and greedy the preggo was. It would only be done under pitiful circumstances, such as a radically poor famblee that should have used birth control and cannot afford a loaf.

I hadn't heard of all these additional parties until recently.

Loaf shower (for EVERY baby) and I'm guessing for twins two gifts are expected
Diaper shower
Gender reveal party
Push present (is this a party or just a gift from the husband?)
gifts for birthday and Christmas for all these loaves, every year

It is ridiculous!

Went to a housewarming party where I only knew the host. I had people that night asking me when I was going to host a party and invite them....seriously? You expect a party invite after one conversation.
March 09, 2016
Could someone host a chocolate party for me? I'm in need of a lot of chocolate and I'm too tight to pay for it myself and too lazy to go to the shops and buy it. If you host a chocolate party for me, people can come and give me chocolate just because I demand it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login