Moo admits Post Partum Depression is from regret

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo admits Post Partum Depression is from regret
March 25, 2016
https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/love-baby-regret-becoming-mother-220000053.html

Becomes a moo at 20 and admits that she "loves her daughter" but hates the life
Re: Moo admits Post Partum Depression is from regret
March 26, 2016

I started to run a constant fever from lack of rest and time to heal. I needed to sit on a doughnut-shaped pillow due to soreness, and I couldn't sit down to drive

*crosses legs*

The wonderful things we miss out on, eh?
March 26, 2016
I'm guessing that she'll have another baby in a couple of years.
March 26, 2016
happyhiker

Same. I've always figured that people with postpartum depression, basically didn't get that brain chemical kick that all the other breeders get. Preventing them from having that almost un-natural level of attachment; or rather letting them see/feel it all without the emotional beer goggles on, so to speak.
March 26, 2016
happyhiker

Yeah. 20 is on the young side to have one's first kid, and the ones who breed young don't tend to stop at one kid.

There are always some who're all "Shit! This is a lotta work and I don't want even more work than this! I'm done!". But they're rare.
March 26, 2016
She's barely become an adult and she's tied herself down with a kyd.

I wonder if anyone in her life encouraged her to make something of herself, or if they were all , "BAYBEES, YAY!"
March 26, 2016
happyhiker

Doubtless

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 26, 2016
craftyzits
happyhiker

Doubtless

Amazing part about this is I still remember how much braces hurt, they hurt the entire time I had them and I was in elementary school. It has been more than a few years ago. You'd think a moo would remember how painful the first kid was, if she had a bad experience. But so many of them forget within a few years time. I still recall moos during my childhood complaining about kids as a common event.
March 26, 2016
freya
Amazing part about this is I still remember how much braces hurt, they hurt the entire time I had them and I was in elementary school. It has been more than a few years ago. You'd think a moo would remember how painful the first kid was, if she had a bad experience. But so many of them forget within a few years time. I still recall moos during my childhood complaining about kids as a common event.

This is a really good comparison (strikes home for me because I had braces, too). People do remember pain. The mom "forgetting" the pain is so very strange.
March 27, 2016
"Motherhood isn't fun; in fact, it's a total load of bullshit. I love my daughter, but as a stay-at-home mom, I hate the expectations and tied-down lifestyle."

Which is why I chose to opt out of it. Not worth the pain.

"I'm now eight weeks postpartum, and I struggle daily to feel as if I am worthwhile, or that I matter as much as my kid. The lack of sleep has been taking its toll, and I spend a good portion of my days wishing that the newborn phase was over."

Oh yes. The newborn phase will end, but it will be followed by the toadler phase. The tantrums, the shit smearing, the shrieking... a barrel o' laughs right there! And it doesn't get better until Princess leaves the house, if she leaves the house.
Again, not worth the pain.

"I'm guessing that she'll have another baby in a couple of years."

Yup. And a couple years after that her marriage will go to shit.
March 27, 2016
randomcfchick
happyhiker

Yeah. 20 is on the young side to have one's first kid, and the ones who breed young don't tend to stop at one kid.

There are always some who're all "Shit! This is a lotta work and I don't want even more work than this! I'm done!". But they're rare.

My sister was one of the rare ones.

Kid at 19 by a guy who bailed. She married a year later; she and her husband were seemingly fine with the child she brought to the marriage. Brother-in-law adopted the child and raised it as his own.

Sixteen years later, brother-in-law's sister lost her child to cancer. That was the only DNA replicant in the family. Next year, my sister is pregnant. I was appalled. Here Sister was, almost at the end of her child-rearing years. She and her husband would be under 40 and free of that responsibility. And she's pregnant.

I got the scoop from another sister (who didn't get along with BIL, so the information might be skewed), that Older Sister all-of-a-sudden faced pressure to replace the dead DNA replicant. The family loved her boy and all, but there was no one to "truly" carry on that family DNA. Plus (hearing from younger sister) our brother-in-law decided that being a father to my sister's child wasn't enough. He wanted "one of his own," telling my sister that if she was willing to bear a child to a deadbeat, she couldn't turn him down for one. So, they have a daughter. I loathed the kid when she was young; talk about a spoiled brat; but she is intelligent, stable, and about to get married and give her father "real" grandchildren.

Sister adores her daughter; they have a good relationship, I'm told; so I guess it was worth it to her. I still have a hard time getting over how close my sister was to real freedom, then gave in to pressure to breed for the family. I do cheer her in that she was adamant that her husband get a vasectomy after she gave him a daughter. She took one for the team, she wanted to be relieved of the drudgery of being the one to prevent further pregnancies.
March 27, 2016
randomcfchick
freya

This is a really good comparison (strikes home for me because I had braces, too). People do remember pain. The mom "forgetting" the pain is so very strange.

I think our brains tend to favor the good memories over the bad ones. With braces there really aren't any good memories, because they are painful all of the time and nobody really cares about you or that you have them. Your brain remembers that. But when a woman has a baby, those hours of pain are preceded by 9 months of head pats and celebrations, Moo-to-be is the most important person in the world for those months. And so, a few years down the road, Moo's brain keeps those good memories front and center while shunting the memory of a few hours of torture off to the side.

That's just my theory though.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
March 27, 2016
Actually, we're designed to remember bad things more strongly than good ones. I think the pain of labor must be deliberately kept off of that internal list by evolution; otherwise, who'd do it a second time?
March 27, 2016
This is the shit that happens when breeding is shoved down everyone's throats as being the most wonderful, meaningful thing a person can do with their lives. Morons blindly do it without thinking and wind up ruining their lives. I have a feeling this woman had to add the "I love my baby" crap to the title of her story because she didn't want people to think she's a monster. How can you love your child and regret having them? I never understood that logic and it doesn't make sense in any context. "I love this dress, but I regret buying it." Or "I love this house, but I regret buying it." You can't love something that you wish you'd never had because love and regret don't work hand-in-hand that way. If you love something, then you love it. If you regret something, it means you don't love it.

It's not like she's saying "I love my child, but I wasn't ready to have them" or "I love my child, but I couldn't afford them." Those make sense. But I genuinely fail to understand how someone can love and regret their child at the same time because, in my mind, if you love something/someone you regret bringing into your life, you are feeling obligated to love them or forcing yourself to love them, which isn't real love. You can only keep up that facade for so long before you just plain get tired of pretending and you start openly expressing your resentment.

Even if someone has the good fortune of having someone in their life to tell them that breeding SUCKS, they still sit there with stars in their eyes and tell themselves that their experience will be different. Their pregnancy won't involve constant vomiting, their labor won't be four days long, their child will sleep at night, their child will listen to Mommy, their child won't bring drugs to school, their child won't get pregnant at prom. This is why so many breeder women still have buyer's remorse post-partum depression a decade after their kids are born.
March 27, 2016
http://news.yahoo.com/never-call-her-again-daughter-133319884.html

A moo dumped her sprogs back in the early 70's, and moved 1200 miles away. The kids grew up believing she was murdered and that a body found in 1975, before DNA, was hers. She was found alive decades later. It was a case of regret and she made a break for it. Her daughter hates her and defines herself as the other side of the coin, willling to do anything for her kids. At least this regretful moo left them with the grandmother.
March 27, 2016
cfdavep

A moo dumped her sprogs back in the early 70's, and moved 1200 miles away. The kids grew up believing she was murdered and that a body found in 1975, before DNA, was hers. She was found alive decades later. It was a case of regret and she made a break for it. Her daughter hates her and defines herself as the other side of the coin, willing to do anything for her kids. At least this regretful moo left them with the grandmother.

Of course with these filial responsibility laws, the now-adult children would be held financially liable for the elder care of the woman who abandoned them and let them believe she has been murdered for decades.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
March 28, 2016
paragon schnitzophonic
cfdavep

A moo dumped her sprogs back in the early 70's, and moved 1200 miles away. The kids grew up believing she was murdered and that a body found in 1975, before DNA, was hers. She was found alive decades later. It was a case of regret and she made a break for it. Her daughter hates her and defines herself as the other side of the coin, willing to do anything for her kids. At least this regretful moo left them with the grandmother.

Of course with these filial responsibility laws, the now-adult children would be held financially liable for the elder care of the woman who abandoned them and let them believe she has been murdered for decades.

None of the comments are from people on AARP who want to support their parents and are all concerned about filial law: http://www.aarp.org/relationships/caregiving/info-01-2009/paying_for_momlittle_known_laws_force_families_to_fund_parents_care_.html
March 28, 2016
My view on filial responsibility laws have changed a lot over the past decade. I've spent the past few years watching my parents make lazy decisions and sink an ungodly amount of money into the bottomless pit that is my deadbeat brother. Retirement planning? I'm fairly sure I have more money put away for retirement than they do, and I'm only 33.

Lucky for them I live in PA, so the government will be happy to step in and force me to clean up their money mess, all at the cost of my own financial security.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
March 28, 2016
He wanted "one of his own," telling my sister that if she was willing to bear a child to a deadbeat, she couldn't turn him down for one."

Actually the BIL also sounds like one of those rapist types who force a woman into sex saying that "I heard you were easy with a guy I know so what is wrong with me" Unbelievable
March 29, 2016
The sentence "I love my children but I hate my life" appears very frequently on Scary Mommy Confessions.
It doesn't make any sense to me.

If I said "I love my DH but I hate my life with him" confused smiley
it also wouldn't make any sense.
When a person makes your life so miserable that you hate it you simply
cannot *love* that person.
March 29, 2016
I know I couldn't love anything or anyone who ruined my life. It's not the loaf's fault, it's hers and her husband's fault for having it. But, that's why I'm CF. I KNEW I would heavily resent a screaming, shitting thing having tantrums every three seconds. I knew I wouldn't love it, and would only care for it out of motherly duty. That's one of the big reasons I never had them. How do wannamoos not know this shit? I knew it even as a kid myself...that babies were difficult and I never wanted one. This woman is only twenty. She's already ruined her life and she knows it.
March 29, 2016
Deleted reply. Wrong thread. Oops.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login