Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo shames doc who suggested abortion

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo shames doc who suggested abortion
June 07, 2016
https://gma.yahoo.com/mom-baby-down-syndrome-mail-letter-doctor-suggested-185205470--abc-news-parenting.html

The moo was told Sproglee had Downs and the doc only suggested she abort. Moo flips her lid and writes letter to the guy about the horror of aborting the Down's baybees and how it was such an insult to the kid now that it is here.

An actual sane commenter wrote:

"What point is there in trying to shame the doctor because of his personal/professional opinion? As long as he didn't actively try to terminate your pregnancy without your knowledge or consent, why gripe? We don't always get to have people respond to us the way we would like. It's called life."
Re: Moo shames doc who suggested abortion
June 07, 2016
"Courtney Baker took more than a year to write and mail a letter she had been thinking about since she was pregnant with her daughter with special needs, Emersyn Faith.
The Sanford, Florida, mom, with the help of her 15-month-old daughter, finally dropped the letter in the mail."

If it takes her more than a year to write a letter and can only mail it with help from the little gnome then she's not the sharpest pencil in the box either.

(also, what her special needs daughter would specially need is a less specially spelt name...)

Her story about the friend is the most upsetting thing in the letter. I hope she sued the fuck out of the doctor who didn't tell her the kid has Down syndrome :O
June 07, 2016
Rocket ships do not equal (!=) hot fudge sundaes with whipped cream.
Shameless attention whoring about her defecto loaf on fakebook does not equal (!=) touching the hearts of thousands.
June 07, 2016
I guess she must have seethed about what he said for that long before writing and sending a letter. Sometimes I think a doc should be able to turn the tables and sue an idiot patient for throwing the story up on facebook, if his name was used.

Also that woman who was ahem.."tard tested" and was told the fetus was "perfect" needs to sue that pro-liar doc.
June 07, 2016
She's an idiot. First of all I don't believe this doctor pressured her. He was probably just offering options, options that 90% of people take because life is hard enough when one is born without a birth defect that lowers one's IQ and lifespan.

Moo is still being poisoned by baby hormones. Wait until the kid is 40 years old and has dementia and Moo is 70. She won't be a joy then.
June 07, 2016
I worked at a mental hospital in college. I worked nights, so mostly my job was to sit watch and stay awake. Our unit got a new patient one time who didn't quite fit in. He had trouble sleeping and would visit with me. He wore a robe and proper pajamas and was clean and polite. Clearly, someone had cared for this man. He was about fifty, and it was obvious that he wasn't mentally ill, but, rather, mentally handicapped. He was a delightful man and I felt very sorry for him, because it was clear that he had been in a loving home and was very scared of his new surroundings.

Turns out, his mother passed away and he was sent to a group home. He became so distressed there that he hit a wall, and they sent him to the State Hospital because of his violence. He did not belong in a mental hospital, but there was no non-scary place for this person to go. He eventually was sent to another group home, where he would no doubt be given the minimum amount of attention to keep a person merely depressed. I went home and cried thinking about this gentle, sweet man's next twenty years. He was basically a child who had known love and would never be loved again.

My grandmother likes to have a dog. She has had a couple in the last few years because she goes to the pound and adopts the oldest dog they have. She does this because she doesn't want to adopt a dog that will outlive her. I wish more parents of special needs children were as thoughtful as my grandmother. These people give no thought to the lives their children will have after they are gone.
June 08, 2016
happyhiker

Turns out, his mother passed away and he was sent to a group home

The unfortunate reality is that this is very common, some for the fact just mentioned, but others simply because the family wanted to hide their shame or had such tremendous guilt, and kept their tard hidden from public.

It's absolutely terrible for some of them whom are mentally children or less, to have their parents die, and know no other world outside the family home - and then being thrown into some disgusting group home, where they're left to rot by staff and system that couldn't give a flying fuck about them. It's quite sad.

However, that being said, there are just as many that are less functioning, and more behavioural that have absolutely nil quality of life, and become awards of the state, requiring intense and very expensive long term care. This could've all been avoided if they were aborted pre-term.
June 08, 2016
Moo mentioned how downy is so loved by her older sisters (15 and 12). How will they feel in 10 years when they are 25 and 21, and have to change diapers on 11 year old?
June 08, 2016
Yeah, they are "adorable" toys/accessories when they are doll sized, extra slow, don't walk for several years, and are often good natured babies, BUT....

They keep growing and growing, and often don't get a helluva lot brighter. Takes extra super long to teach it anything, and as mentioned above, DIAPERS!!! Only into its teens if the parents are lucky.

There was a Down's bag boy at a supermarket I used to live near, one of the "lucky" ones who could be trained to do work. He took my introversion and anxiety as a personal insult and followed me the two times I shopped there out to my car, trying to press my buttons to dispense what he apparently expected from everyone as if extroverts are the rule. Lots of toddler conversational skill plus phrases he had been trained in, like "Do you need help?"
Saying no only prompted repetition, it was horrible! Both times he followed me right back to my car and used the "cunning" pretense of collecting carts to try to continue to extract conversational attention from me.
He was clearly just clever enough to realize some people cringe from him and he was doing his level best to "make me play right", even though I behaved exactly the same to the cashier, it was obvious he took me as a personal affront to his dignity.
Yeah, damn me for getting extra nervous at being followed by a male who although short, outweighed me and REALLY refused to take NO for an answer!
June 09, 2016
There's one guy I know from school. When I go back to my hometown I see him sometimes. He's fairly high-functioning, in that he is able to work (in one of those specialized programs). He looks about 30 years older than he is and has a lot of health issues. When I last encountered him he was happy to see me and remembered me...but he was also clearly aware of what was happening to him. He talked about whether he was going to live to some event which was taking place the next year, and he was sad about dying. That is not what I call quality of life.
June 09, 2016
I worked at a taco joint with a guy like that once. He was really bad at doing his job, which he was so "helpful" to do it in my place at times. I'd have to go back behind him and wipe the tables to get everything he missed. And he got all upset one day because a lady pointed out he was druling. I had to keep every 3 inches of my hair tied up at the register and he could drool in front of people.
June 09, 2016
Downys are praised as being sweet/loving/smiling.
Are they subject to sexual abuse after parents die?
June 09, 2016
I don't get the cow's letter. She mentions her friend who was lied to about her loaf's mental state (who may have wanted the option of termination), but then she yammers on about how offended her delicate senses are that her own doctor suggested abortion. What was the point of the friend story? The friend's doctor told her that her loaf was perfect when it was a tard, and the Moo letter author is complaining because her loaf was also a tard and wasn't called perfect too. Just... whaaa? Doctors are not there to lick mommy taints - they're there to tell these idiots what is wrong with their loaves.

Sounds to me like the doctor just wanted Moo to know what she was in for. I'm sure plenty of green first-time parents think that having a tard baby will make them extra speshul and yoo-neek and they'll have extra-fulfilling lives because their child won't ever grow up like the normal kids of their peers. And maybe it is all unicorn farts and rainbows for a couple years, but as that kid gets bigger and older, they'll become much more difficult to deal with.

What precisely did this Moo "go through?" Being offered the option of abortion and asked to consider it because her brat would come out fucked-up? Just because the doctor suggests it doesn't mean she has to listen. Boy, Moos will look for any reason to bitch. And no, I hope no doctor ever tells any pregnant woman that her baby is "perfect" when it's messed up. If Moomie feels her little tardlet is cuuuuute and pweshus and perfect, tehn good for her. Not everyone feels that a Downy tard is a blessing or a miracle.

I'm real glad that Emersyn (oh good, like the kid itself wasn't retarded enough, she has a retarded name too) has allegedly added to Mommy's quality of life and touched so many hearts. Will heart touches pay for the short-term and long-term care this kid will need, including being put into a home one day when Moo shits the bed? As far as I know, people with Down's syndrome cannot live on their own, even if they are high-functioning. Tard parents never consider what will become of their idiot children once the parents themselves die. Tards of any nature are fully dependent and need lifelong care, and I'm sure most parents will breed a couple l'il future caregivers to dump Tardley on. Because, you know, that's fair.

Moooooo
Emmy is proof that children with special needs are worthy and can change the world.

LOL, wut. How precisely will a tard be able to change the world when most of them can't figure out how to change their socks? You show me ANY retard that has changed the world in any way. Psychos change the world sometimes, but not retards. Your IQ has to be higher than that of a Hot Pocket to change the world. This Moo's got a pretty severe case of rose-tinted vision where she thinks her little sack of shit is going to be some kind of prodigy that invents a new language or discovers a new species. If Emersyn manages to grow up and learn to shit somewhere other than in a diaper, that's probably the greatest thing she'll ever achieve.

Give it a few years. This rosy Kodakitis Moo has going on will fade real quick and she'll start wishing she would've had that abortion.
June 09, 2016
How many mentally disabled children have grown up to actually make a positive impact or contribution to the world? I can only name Temple Grandin. There have been Down Syndrome actors, but that's not really making any sort of huge impact and it's not like there's a range they can play due to the physical markers of Down Syndrome.

The point is, let's not kid ourselves that your particular snowflake is going to be some sort of pioneer. The best-case scenario is that they're high functioning and can achieve a degree of independence.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
June 10, 2016
When we lived in GA I used to volunteer at a theraputuc riding center. There was this one kid who was an obvious Downs, but it was pretty mild. His duh paid for him to take Dressage and he competed in the Special Olympics with one of the school horses. The guy was about 16-17 and his father was the biggest ASSHOLE I have ever met . I once noticed the kid was having a hard time with his horse and mentioned it to the owner, duh went nuts on me about how Tardly doesn't need help and that was blocking a teaching moment. I think the guy was PISSED he had to put the effort of 6X the parenting in the hopes that the kid was half independant and therefore "a winner in life" plus it seemed like a SEVERE hit to his ego that his kid was defecto. Since it was the south, I think that their anti-abortion views also may have led them to have the sprog anyway and his attitude was the result of reality settling in once the rainbow farts and unicorn attitudes from others faded away as Tardley lost his "cuteness" Also Tardley had a MASSIVE ego himself since he "did dressage" and I volunteered shovelling.
June 10, 2016
I think anyone who knowingly has a child with a disability should be charged with abuse. It's no different than having a healthy kid and doing something to deliberately cripple them as soon as they're born. Speaking as someone with a genetic disorder that is wrecking my body and my life, FFS, DON'T DO THAT TO YOUR KIDS. Don't give birth to someone who can't possibly have a "normal" or full life from the get-go. Why would you wish that on your "beloved" offspring?

I don't get it.

(Except for the attention whoring over your moo martyrdom. I get that.)

(Disclaimer: my parents didn't know about my genetic crap until I was an adult, and there was no attention whoring over it. smiling smiley /disclaimer)
June 10, 2016
kittehpeoples
I think anyone who knowingly has a child with a disability should be charged with abuse. It's no different than having a healthy kid and doing something to deliberately cripple them as soon as they're born. Speaking as someone with a genetic disorder that is wrecking my body and my life, FFS, DON'T DO THAT TO YOUR KIDS. Don't give birth to someone who can't possibly have a "normal" or full life from the get-go. Why would you wish that on your "beloved" offspring?

I don't get it.

It is one thing to be selfish when it doesn't affect others, entirely new level of selfishness to deliberately affect others by knowingly having a child with a disability. Or an adult with known disability/etc. which will make it difficult or impossible to raise a kid who decides to have a kid anyways.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login