Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mombie and kid get turned away from late musician's tribute

Posted by the noodler 
Mombie and kid get turned away from late musician's tribute
September 03, 2016
Some of you especially if you're from the North East PA area may have heard of a local reggae musician named George Wesley. Sadly he passed away in July after a short battle with liver cancer. To say that myself and many others are heartbroken over this loss would be the understatement of the year.

Due to the fact that he was a musician with no insurance, after he passed away his family was left with funeral and medical bills. He was supposed to be feted last night with a prestigious award (before his diagnosis) but instead it was turned into a benefit to raise money to help with these costs.

So starting with doors opening at 5 and 10 bands playing to 2 a.m. I got there around 615 and met up with a new CF gal that volunteers as a docent at my dh's place of work. She's a smoker like me and we were outside the foyer around 715 pm when lo and behold we see a moo and her daughter who looked to be around 7 years old. The moo had a GW shirt on so I knew she was there for the benefit, obviously a fan. CF friend and I just rolled our eyes.

However I didn't notice it but pretty much immediately right after they went in my friend saw them come back out. Like three minutes. Gone. I guess the tattoo'd biker guy at the door informed her this wasn't an all ages event. Really who thinks loud music and a bunch of stoners is a place for young children?

But it was a weird night all around to be honest with some odd things that happened. L8me people thinking it was their right to sit at the bar AND have a table across the room. When I tried to grab the table I was admonished and apologized only to notice that these 2 people did not sit at that table for any part of the night. Who thinks that is acceptable behavior? /side rant

On a good note I reconnected with the bass player who I was friends with years ago until he married a crazy breeder. I told the story years ago about this cunt, long story short she's so crazy my friend got full custody while his crazy ex collects SSDI and begs for cars online claiming she was emotionally abused by my friend.

R.I.P. George and Jah Bless. Okay need to cry again.
Re: Mombie and kid get turned away from late musician's tribute
September 03, 2016
Hi Noodler,

I'm sorry to hear of George Wesley's passing. I didn't know him as a musician but it is sad when the art community looses another member, regardless of their artistic medium. Local artists don't always get the attention and recognition that they deserve so I hope that by doing this benefit, they would have made him proud. May the man Rest In Peace.

Cancer is a terrible disease that strikes many people, no matter of your race, creed, color, married, single etc. More money needs to be put into research and a cure has to be found.

It's great that you got to reconnect with your friend the bass player. It's nice to see older friends and catch up, especially if it's been a while. Unfortunately for him, he bred with this crazy nutter and has to deal with their kids. Can you find the thread and post a link? You've got me curious now to see what happened there.

*Hugs*

CreativelyCF

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
Re: Mombie and kid get turned away from late musician's tribute
September 03, 2016
Thanks for the hugs creativelycf. I need them for this man was not only a musical genius and an official Martin guitars endorser (I may be in the wrong there but know that Martin would send him free guitars to test for them), he was also a hard worker and gave back numerous times to the community by playing for free. He had his faults don't we all but he was a good man and always did a gig with every ounce of professionalism one could have even while suffering his own problems. The cancer took him quick though. No-one imagined how fast it happened. Just horrible.

I told the whole crazy frenemy breeder story on another board now that I think of it but that board is now defunct. Ill tell the story in full another time as I don't want my friend's story out there along with GW story in the Google etherwebs. My friend is in a better place in his life now and I'd hate to fuck with that. But the story is epic in its baby rabies entitlement factor. And pet dumping involved too. OMG I just can't stand her.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login