Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2045 Puppy

Posted by Andy 
Andy
2045 Puppy
December 12, 2006
I'd like to say I can't believe this, but it figures. I'm glad the child is going to be taken away from these f*ckwits, but what about the puppy? Although I place part of the blame on the person who sold them the dog, what do you want to bet the 'owners' were ignoring the pup and hadn't fed it or interacted with it at all. And now, who knows what's going to happen to it? Selfish bastards.
CFScorpio
Re: 2045 Puppy
December 12, 2006
I call shenanigans! First of all, the parents admit they never saw the puppy do it. Second of all, the vet didn't think the puppy did it, and neither does the former owner of the puppy. Third of all, the 2nd vet says if the puppy had done it, it would have taken at least an hour! What parent sleeps though a whole hour of their baby screaming?

I bet the puppy had nothing to do with the injury: the parents probably did it themselves and are conveniently blaming it on the puppy.
December 13, 2006
I couldn't care less about the kid but as usual, an animal's fate is in the hands of ass-hat owners.

These people should have the kid and animal taken away and re-homed and they should rot in prison, if, for no other reason, being stupid.
December 13, 2006
I think the kind of parents who will buy a new puppy when they don't even have a crib for their new baby to sleep in are the same kind of parents who, either on their own or with chemical assistance, can sleep through a child's cries.

I am pretty sure that dog won't be returning to the family, and I don't think it's because they'll be putting it in a more suitable home.
CFScorpio
December 13, 2006
Another version of the article said that the couple also had a pet ferret that was confiscated by the authorities. No money for furniture or a crib, and yet they had a baby, a puppy and a ferret!
Anonymous User
December 13, 2006
Wow...sounds like they could barely take care of themselves, much less a baby, a ferret and a puppy. I wonder if they thought once the baby came along, God would help take care of things.... LOL

At least now the puppy will be taken care of by better owners.
CFScorpio
December 13, 2006
VLM Wrote:
>
> At least now the puppy will be taken care of by
> better owners.

Unfortunately, they'll probably euthanize it, unless it can be proven that the dog didn't harm the baby.
December 14, 2006
I honestly do not understand people most of the time. Even certain individuals without kids have been known to buy a luxury or a not-needed item even if something necessary is needed for everyday living. I know I have done that but have learned a lot about being more prudent with money.

"FUCK WORK"
Pirate Jo
December 15, 2006
That little puppy is on CNN now - a whole bunch of people want to adopt him! He is awfully cute. I feel sorry for the little girl who will have to go through her whole life missing four toes, due to the negligence of her parents. But I really don't believe the dog chewed off her toes.

And as far as spending goes, whether it's for needs or wants: If you are sleeping on a mattress on the floor and your kid has to sleep in an infant seat, you can't afford a puppy! For that matter, you can't afford a kid.
December 16, 2006
Pirate Jo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That little puppy is on CNN now - a whole bunch of
> people want to adopt him! He is awfully cute.

I hope the puppy goes to a great CF home and I want the baby's breeders to get spayed/neutered!
Anonymous User
December 20, 2006
I haven't read the article and refuse to lest I get angry to the point of smoke coming out my ears, but...wouldn't it be bad for a kid to sleep in an infant seat all the time? I mean, that'd be like one of us spending all of our nights in a recliner. Can we say "aches and pains"??? At THAT age, no less? Yow.

(You'd think one would at least be creative enough to make some contraption with a couch and some chairs or something)
December 20, 2006
Follow-up: Moo says that the ferret did it. Duhddie still says it was the dog.

Yes, I still say these breeders should be spayed/neutered.

http://tinyurl.com/yn3vrf

La. mom says pet ferret ate baby's toes

December 20, 2006

BENTON, La.--A woman jailed after four of her infant daughter's toes were gnawed off says the family's pet ferret did it, not their pit bull pup as police had said.

But her husband blames the dog, a city official said.

"The way the bite marks were on her foot, the ferret being out of its cage, I knew it wasn't the dog," Mary Hansche told KTBS-TV on Tuesday.

The month-old girl was injured Dec. 10 as Hansche, 22, and her husband, Christopher Hansche, 26, slept; they woke up when they heard her crying. The parents were jailed in lieu of $50,000 bond each, booked with child desertion and criminal negligence.

The husband had blamed the dog and told police the ferret had been in its cage all night, Bossier City spokesman Mark Natale said Wednesday.

The charges wouldn't change regardless of which pet was involved, Natale said, because the baby "was injured by an animal while in the custody of the parents." The girl has been released from the hospital and is in state custody.

Attorney Pam Smart said she is waiting for results of a hair analysis to back up the couple's statement that they were not using drugs, calling the case a "very unfortunate accident."
December 21, 2006
ferrets do have sharp teeth, but why would it chew off each toe in turn.. how much food would a ferret want, ferrets are not a big carnivore, thye did it and using the animals as an excuse

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CFScorpio
December 21, 2006
Catmeow, thanks for the update! I am still convinced that something is fishy here. The parents are contradicting each other: a clear sign that someone is lying.

I also think they did it themselves.
December 23, 2006
Update: Breeders will give up their dog and ferret. I hope they live somewhere better!

http://tinyurl.com/y8gnc8

Parents to Plead Guilty to Improper Supervision After Pet Chews Off Baby's Toes

Saturday , December 23, 2006

BOSSIER CITY, La. — A couple jailed after four of their baby's toes were gnawed off by a family pet will plead guilty to improper child supervision, the couple's attorney said Friday.

Mary and Christopher Hansche, who were charged with child desertion and criminal negligence, will plead guilty to the lesser misdemeanor charge of improper supervision of their child, said attorney, Pam Smart. In addition, they will perform community service, attend parenting classes and give up their pets — a Pit Bull puppy and a ferret.

The couple's month-old girl was injured Dec. 10 as they slept. The couple woke up when they heard the infant crying.

The husband had blamed the dog but the wife blamed the ferret.

They could face up to six months in prison, each, Smart said. They remain in jail pending a Jan. 3 hearing. In addition to determining how much, if any, jail time the couple will do, the judge will also determine custody for the baby.

Bossier Parish District Attorney Schuyler Marvin said he believes there were enough mitigating circumstances in the case to offer a plea agreement.

The baby was released from the hospital this week; she and her 2-year-old brother are now in the care of a grandparent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login