Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Italian docs refuse medical treatment due to miscarriage, woman dies

Posted by cfdavep 
Italian docs refuse medical treatment due to miscarriage, woman dies
October 25, 2016
http://www.glamour.com/story/woman-dies-after-hospital-refuses-to-treat-her-for-a-miscarriage

God, Italians can be pro-liars. No offense to any Italians here
Re: Italian docs refuse medical treatment due to miscarriage, woman dies
October 25, 2016
How does a fetus develop breathing issues when it is still inside a uterus? I feel like I'm missing some information the way this was written. No, I feel like I'm reading misinformation.
Re: Italian docs refuse medical treatment due to miscarriage, woman dies
November 01, 2016
No matter where you are, it's always frightening when the imaginary rights of unborn fetuses are somehow more important than the real rights of existing, sentient human beings. If a woman is miscarrying, then there's almost nothing that can be done to save the fetus, especially if it's anytime before 21 weeks, which I think is the earliest a fetus can survive outside the uterus (read: with extreme medical intervention). If a doctor refuses to provide necessary medical attention to a woman just because of pregnancy - doomed or otherwise - then they aren't doing their fucking jobs.

Another doctor at the same hospital told the Corriere website that all the doctors in his department objected to abortion, so they called in doctors from elsewhere to perform abortions when needed.

Then why the fuck are they (I presume) OB/GYNs? Sometimes abortions are not elective - sometimes shit goes awry and they're medically necessary, which I imagine was the case here. I wonder what the cause of death was. I presume it was fetal tissue being retained after miscarrying and then her body went haywire from it (I don't know if this is due to sepsis or something else). These doctors should be ashamed of themselves - they sat around and allowed a woman to die because they couldn't stop licking her fetuses' taints for three seconds.

Abortion is illegal after 12 weeks in Italy unless the mother's or fetus’s life is at risk...

Well it sounds like both the mother and the fetuses were at risk here, so did they figure that two negatives made a positive or something? If they call in off-site doctors to perform abortions when their on-site staff are being worthless, why didn't they do that in this case? I wonder if the woman did something to induce a miscarriage and the doctors didn't treat her in order to "punish" her, or if they presumed she tried to terminate her own pregnancy and "taught her a lesson" by neglecting to help her. Is it even possible to know what a clump's breathing is like at five months' gestation, let alone a problem with its breathing? Sounds like someone's feeding the press a line of bullshit to cover something up.

It's not insanely uncommon in cases of multiples for one of the fetuses to die, so if the woman wanted the pregnancy, could they not just have removed the sickly fetus and kept the other one? There was no mention of there being anything wrong with the other fetus either. So would that mean that because these dumbass doctors wanted to adhere so strongly to their anti-woman beliefs, they not only killed the woman, but the healthy fetus? I personally don't give a shit about either clump, but I just think it's a little counter-productive to wind up with one dead person and two dead clumps all because they wouldn't remove one almost-dead clump. Wouldn't that be abortion by proxy?
Cambion
So would that mean that because these dumbass doctors wanted to adhere so strongly to their anti-woman beliefs, they not only killed the woman, but the healthy fetus? I personally don't give a shit about either clump, but I just think it's a little counter-productive to wind up with one dead person and two dead clumps all because they wouldn't remove one almost-dead clump. Wouldn't that be abortion by proxy?

It sounds like you're expecting these people to behave logically. Religious zealots rarely do that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login