Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

waiting for the back story

Posted by thom_c 
waiting for the back story
November 18, 2016
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/%e2%80%98things-like-this-don%e2%80%99t-happen-here-1-dead-multiple-persons-injured-in-small-tenn-town-shooting/ar-AAkrnae?li=BBnbfcL

‘Things like this don’t happen here': 1 dead, multiple persons injured in small Tenn. town shooting

Officials: 7 people shot, 1 killed, at a birthday party for a two-year-old child in Dyersburg, Tenn. – @StateGazettepic.twitter.com/SMcm9fxDgD

— G.Alexander(BRKNEWS) (@MajorNews911) November 18, 2016

At about 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the small town of Dyersburg, Tenn., one woman was killed and several were injured in a mass shooting, according to Mayor John Holden.

Details remain scant at the moment.

Holden told The Washington Post that there were “six or seven victims” and that “there is one female, deceased,” though neither ages nor names had been released as of late Thursday night. Local media reported the deceased woman was 21-years- old, and the victims ranged in age from 6- to 32-years-old.

According to the town’s newspaper the State Gazette, multiple persons were on the porch during a birthday party when several suspects opened fire.

“Two [of the victims] have been flown out to area hospitals,” Holden said. “Three or four are being treated at a local hospital.”

Though local media, including the State Gazette, reported the shooting occurred at a 2-year-old’s birthday party, Holden said he couldn’t confirm this.

“We’re all hands on deck right now,” Holden told The Post.

The mayor said authorities suspect the shooting was not random.

“We feel like it’s not a random act of violence,” Holden said. “There was a call earlier today at the same location. I don’t know the nature of that call yet.”

rest with vid at link

‘Things like this don’t happen here'

Well, apparently, they do.

Should we start guessing? Birthday boy's dad. PMYABP.
Re: waiting for the back story
November 18, 2016
I'm amazed most of the article wasn't about the two-year-old and how it's doing.
An article about a tragedy is, for once, more concerned about the adults than the child(ren)! openmouthed shock
November 18, 2016
kittehpeoples
‘Things like this don’t happen here'

Well, apparently, they do.

Should we start guessing? Birthday boy's dad. PMYABP.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps birthday boy's parents were partaking in some... um... illegal activities and owed some money to some very shady characters. They didn't pay up, and shady characters decided to teach them a lesson.
November 21, 2016
update: I think they got the shooter.
if this is the update, moo is 21.
http://wreg.com/2016/11/18/arrest-made-in-dyersburg-party-shooting/
or google it...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login