Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo blogs about "excruciating" miscarriage

Posted by freya 
Moo blogs about "excruciating" miscarriage
December 14, 2016
Moo miscarries and makes it a big public IG drama

Grieving moo says
...Blah. Blah. Blah...I really want to raise awareness on desensitize the topic.

I have no issues with grieving privately. But once grieving becomes public and it is for a clump who was still in the gill stage I start to suspect it is a publicity/sympathy/attention seeking ploy. Think I'll now go cry over the seeds I planted last summer which never germinated.
Re: Moo blogs about "excruciating" miscarriage
December 14, 2016
Breeder whine
"Since we lost our son I've felt so alone and sad," she continued. "It's been one of the worst experiences in my life. My biggest fear is that my sweet little baby will just be forgotten and it will be like he never even existed.

::eyeroll:: Well, Ducky, lemme tell you about my great-grandmother, dead from childbirth at the age of 41. Or, how about my ggg-grandmother, dead at 34 for the same reason. Or another ggg-grandmother, who was the mother of 13 by the time she was 46 (probably a few miscarriages and stillbirths along the way, as well) who saw at least 5 of those children die by the time of her own death at 46.

Consider yourself lucky that reproductive biology doesn't rule your life, as it did for so many women in previous generations, and quit being so fucking self-absorbed.
December 14, 2016
Re: Like he never even existed

That is because "he" didn't exist, a clump of cells, it, existed. Saying he implies the death of a human, and, newsflash, a clump isn't a human.
A monkey made orange cake to offer on October 31st. It's a pneumonic I learned in high school a&p, and I think you should learn it. Humans are organisms, made of organ systems made of organs, made of tissues, etc. Your so-called "son" lacked these things. Ergo, it is not human.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
December 15, 2016
If he's in heaven, why is she unhappy?
December 15, 2016
khan
If he's in heaven, why is she unhappy?
Good point. I guess it's because she's not there with the non-sprog?shrug

It takes a child to raze a village.
December 15, 2016
freya
I have no issues with grieving privately. But once grieving becomes public and it is for a clump who was still in the gill stage I start to suspect it is a publicity/sympathy/attention seeking ploy. Think I'll now go cry over the seeds I planted last summer which never germinated.

I won't criticize this person, specifically... Grief is a terrible thing and we all go through it.

And, grief can garner a lot of attention on the interwebz and social media. In order to do so, it must be portrayed in as dramatic and catastrophic a way as possible.

In my opinion, a lot of this stuff is becoming background noise. We've reached the point where few people click on it, and even fewer actually care about it.

Think about it: This story was carried on MSN, one of the most highly trafficked websites in the United States. It is linked via Entertainment Tonight, the web version of a popular television program syndicated throughout the country. It was published eight days ago and has a grand total of two comments.

Stuff like this has a shelf life, and many of these "human interest" stories have jumped the shark.
December 15, 2016
I won't necessarily criticize this person's grief, either...everyone's own grief is their own personal Snowflake of Despair, shaped by their own hopes, dreams, social conditioning, needs, and values. At a certain point, people can get stuck and need professional help to deal with grief.

I will say that social media is a TERRIBLE platform for expressing and working through grief. Grief is complicated and ever-changing and set off by the strangest things. Someone who's just having a passing twinge of feeling or memory is indistinguishable from the person who's wailing and keening. Nuances are lost on the internet.
December 15, 2016
randomcfchick
I will say that social media is a TERRIBLE platform for expressing and working through grief. Grief is complicated and ever-changing and set off by the strangest things. Someone who's just having a passing twinge of feeling or memory is indistinguishable from the person who's wailing and keening. Nuances are lost on the internet.

And this is where trolling and "online harassment" (a very loose term...) come into play. The technology "leaders" have been quite explicit in their desire to impose some kind of censorship of those who criticize others online. Meanwhile, those who support the First Amendment oppose such draconian measures.

FWIW, if the internet censors get their way and curtailing of online thought becomes the norm, don't expect this board to be around for too much longer.

But I digress... I think that those who put this stuff out there on social media for attention-seeking purposes, may end up even more distraught at the diminishing returns they receive. There's just too much other stuff out there. And other people have their own problems--death of loved ones, terminal illnesses, long and short-term illnesses, financial problems, work problems... you name it. It all becomes background noise after a while.
December 15, 2016
Maybe I'm insensitive, but for the entirety of the article, I found myself going, "Who fucking CARES?!" I will never understand women who mourn over clumps as if they were real people. It's understandable to be upset or depressed after losing a wanted pregnancy and mourning of a sort will probably follow. But how can someone experience "excruciating heartache" over the "loss" of someone who never became a someone? It was never a child that got to be born and meet Moo and develop an emotional attachment to her. To be honest, the attachment a lot of women develop to their unborn clumps strikes me as weird. How can you possibly love something that you don't even know? This level of grief over a clump seems very unhealthy and I know it's far from uncommon.

In order to love something or someone, don't you need to actually experience being in its presence and interacting with it for a while? I mean conscious interaction - a clump being attached to you and growing where you can't see it doesn't count. A person who can love someone or something immediately without direct contact or interaction sounds like someone who has serious mental problems. That'd be like me saying I love New Zealand just because it exists when I have never been there, I know nothing about the place, I don't know if I would actually like it if I went there and I couldn't point it out on a map. Doesn't that sound a little strange? Same goes for women who "love" their fetuses to the point of needing fucking grief counseling when said clumps descend prematurely.

Moo
Even though we only met briefly & I only got to hold you & give you kisses once - I still miss you. I'll always, always love you."

You never fucking met, you loon. The fetus lived in your body and sucked nutrients right out of you. You've got a funny definition of "met." And when exactly did she give the fetus kisses? Are you telling me she actually kissed the bloody miscarried clump?

Moo
My biggest fear is that my sweet little baby will just be forgotten and it will be like he never even existed.

"He" never did exist. Existing in the sense of being a person doesn't occur until after birth, as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure when she gets herself knocked up again, she'll forget all about Clumpy. If she manages to give birth, she'll have upgraded to a newer model and there won't be enough room in her heart for a dead fetus and a live baby. The live loaf gets all the love, Clumpy. Mommy will only be sad until she gets a replacement, which will probably be very soon, given how quickly Moos get back to humping after a miscarriage.
December 16, 2016
Considering this person got married to someone she never properly met and dated beforehand and did so on a televised show, this kind of public display of private grief does not surprise me.

It is attention whoring at its finest.
December 16, 2016
Cambion
Maybe I'm insensitive, but for the entirety of the article, I found myself going, "Who fucking CARES?!" I will never understand women who mourn over clumps as if they were real people. It's understandable to be upset or depressed after losing a wanted pregnancy and mourning of a sort will probably follow. But how can someone experience "excruciating heartache" over the "loss" of someone who never became a someone? It was never a child that got to be born and meet Moo and develop an emotional attachment to her. To be honest, the attachment a lot of women develop to their unborn clumps strikes me as weird. How can you possibly love something that you don't even know? This level of grief over a clump seems very unhealthy and I know it's far from uncommon.

Well, I've never gotten acquainted with my kidneys but I am pretty sure I love them a lot. winking smiley On the other hand, I need them to live, whereas I need a fetus like a fish needs a bicycle.
December 16, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
randomcfchick

And this is where trolling and "online harassment" (a very loose term...) come into play. The technology "leaders" have been quite explicit in their desire to impose some kind of censorship of those who criticize others online. Meanwhile, those who support the First Amendment oppose such draconian measures.

FWIW, if the internet censors get their way and curtailing of online thought becomes the norm, don't expect this board to be around for too much longer.

But I digress... I think that those who put this stuff out there on social media for attention-seeking purposes, may end up even more distraught at the diminishing returns they receive. There's just too much other stuff out there. And other people have their own problems--death of loved ones, terminal illnesses, long and short-term illnesses, financial problems, work problems... you name it. It all becomes background noise after a while.

Agreed. Splashing it all over doesn't help you necessarily get better; after a point it just uses up the reserves of whatever goodwill others may have toward you. Talking to the right people, trying to keep a healthy perspective on it, and getting professional help as needed will help you work through it. Randoms on the internet will not.

At a certain point, the serial miscarriage mourners need to get that professional help, because it becomes more than just mourning the loss of potential child.
December 16, 2016
I kind of wonder why she wants to desensitize the topic. Isn't that counterproductive to the Moo agenda? By making miscarriage a less sensitive subject, wouldn't that mean people would care less about it? Moos loooooove to attention-whore about their suffering, and they want every single person to care about their "loss." If miscarriage becomes easier to talk about, it means fewer people will feel sorry for Moos who lose clumps. It'll become more common, and suddenly a miscarriage is no longer considered all that big of a deal.

I think what this idiot wants is to be able to openly discuss the gory details of her miscarriage with anyone within earshot and not have them react in a way that she doesn't like (apathy, disgust, one-up-manship or sympathy that doesn't include crippling sobbing).

A miscarriage is like any other health problem in terms of who to talk about it with. Tell those closest to you if you feel it's really necessary and find online support resources so you can more openly discuss it with people who are going through the same thing or who have already gone through it. Yammering about your dead fetus all over MSN is just kinda... trashy. I'm not saying a miscarriage is anything to be ashamed of, but being so public about it reeks of attention-seeking more than anything. All I hear from this article is this heifer going, "PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE! MY BABY DIED! POOR ME! FEEL SORRY FOR ME! ME ME ME ME!"
December 17, 2016
I wish somebody in the media would desensitize abortion. Now more than ever we need that viewpoint.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login