Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

amamanta dolls

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
amamanta dolls
December 16, 2006
Sick as this is, it had me laughing my ass off. Do people stop and think about what their kids will be doing with these dolls, when they aren't around? We know how well breeders supervise their kids, so they'll most likely be able to smuggle them to school for show and tell.

These hideous dolls have their uses, but they should probably stay in the hands of therapists and educators.
Andy
Re: amamanta dolls
December 16, 2006
Sprogless, you beat me to the punch...the first thing I thought of was "Anatomically correct, huh? Bet the kiddies will have fun with that!"

Plus, I hate to say it, but our culture is so obsessed with body and image that most girls would prefer Barbie or Bratz to an educational toy...I was a stuffed animal girl myself. The one time I got a Barbie as a gift, I gave her a blue mohawk (hey, it was the 80's!)
BillyC
December 16, 2006
Those things are so fugly they should be burned!

Excuse me while I vomit.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2006
These dolls are heinous looking! Yuck!

Andy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I was a stuffed animal girl myself. The one time I
> got a Barbie as a gift, I gave her a blue mohawk
> (hey, it was the 80's!)

It's funny you mention Barbie, because I automatically thought of her when I was looking at those dolls. I was also a stuffed animal kind of girl, but Barbie was the one doll I did play with. And I LOVED my Barbies.

Honestly, I think the fact that "Barbie" didn't automatically equal "mommy" was a huge part of that. Barbie was fun--she could be anything. My Barbies did the typical stuff--became doctors, won beauty pageants, sang karaoke, and spent hours lounging at the pool. They also occasionally drove the Ferrari off the stairs and died in a firey wreck, with all of her friends showing up to the funeral, got trapped in haunted houses, or silently stalked, tortured, and killed each other. Barbie could go on dates with Ken, and if you were lucky enough to have a little brother, as I did, she could later leave Ken for GI Joe. Hell, I think once she even dated Midge for a week. My Barbies broke a lot of hearts! And, of course, Barbie got mohawks! Barbie could do all this fun stuff because she didn't HAVE TO become a mommy.

Aside from their physical repugnancy, the most unappealing thing about these dolls is that they are the exact opposite. Sounds to me like all these dolls can do is give birth on command. Useful enough when teaching the nuggs sex ed, or about inappropriate touching, but as for a play thing? I don't know. Theres something a little frightening about little girls playing with a doll that can't do much more than take care of the kids and drop a loaf every five minutes. Yuck! At least Barbie did something fun!
December 17, 2006
when i was young one of my school friends (a girl) had a ken andbarbie doll.. my action man (gi joe) used to beat him up and bury him.. so he can date barbie.

but anatomically correct dolls, ok.. thats weird, and slightly creepy,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 18, 2006
I am all for children knowing that everyone has genitals and that those genitals have uses. At the same time, whats wrong with dolls and toys that don't reflect reality? I mean, does a kid really need to be able to reenact the birth process by pulling small dolls out of a larger doll's crotch pocket? And is that any sort of a good reflection of reality? I mean, where's the screaming and body fluids?

I had lots of Barbies, and one Ken. The Barbies were always getting having fun and sometimes getting married. Ken, well, he was boring to play with because he didn't have long hair, so he usually just spent his time at the bottom of the toy box. Sometimes I'd bring him out to do repairs at the Fisher Price airport, muck out the Breyer horse stalls, or work on the Barbie car.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login