Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bad ages of kids...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Bad ages of kids...
December 26, 2006
i think that timsgirl is either exagerating, or whatever.. its good if she did, but there are a few inconsistencies.. not everyone has people to help them out financially..

there are women only shortlists for jobs, not just MP jobs, but normal jobs. there was one in brixton who only wanted black women.. white women or asian.. were banned from applying.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 26, 2006
CFScorpio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Timsgirl, good for you for starting your own
> business at such a young age! You could have sat
> around the house doing nothing like your brother,
> but you chose to work hard and do something for
> yourself.
>
> To everyone else: what's up with all the hatred
> and jealousy of someone who is financially stable
> and has a good relationship with her father? I
> have also been helped out financially on occasion
> by my parents over the years, and I can't
> understand why it's anyone else's business what my
> family - or TimsGirl's family - decides to do with
> their money.
>
> Do you just hate all people who are not dirt-poor?
> Would you rather TimsGirl run around spending
> money and being a stupid party girl like Paris
> Hilton? At least she's working, for god's sake!

It is not a matter of jealousy or hating non-poor people. The issue is a child who looks down on other people when her father was the one who bought her condo and gave her the money to start her business. No one is more insufferable than a person who has not done a lot of sweat equity but tells others how they should do as they do.

About anyone's personal business, you are right how it is not another person's business if someone has had parental welfare to be successful. However, braggarts in those situations tend to bring on their own hassles when trying to claim everyone needs to do as they do. TimsGirl chose to brag about her situation yet look down on someone for not "succeeding" in the same manner. I could respect it more if the success came from within herself rather than boast about Daddio "co-signing" the condo when she was 15.

A lot of people in those situations do not understand the struggles of the averaeg person out there trying to make a living. It is the same as a woman who is being financially maintained by a husband or a boyfriend yet looking down on the co-worker who actually uses her pay to make the rent every month. I worked with one of those but Karma got her butt. She had to resort to renting a room in the house & selling off the furniture when the guy tired of her and found a younger version to support.

"FUCK WORK"
Anonymous User
December 26, 2006
Unless I've missed something, I don't see how anyone has begrudged TimsGirl her success, or her relationship with her family. A few of us just don't believe everything she's saying. That's all.

I'm only speaking for myself, but an 18 year old who makes outrageous claims regarding her success, should also have the foresight to realize that those claims will be challenged. If she's on the up and up, then that shouldn't be a problem. However, she's also proven to be very judgmental toward anyone that doesn't take her word as law. Her lack of experience in the game of life does not add to her credibility, either.
Anonymous User
December 27, 2006
Okay guys, I understand you not wanting to believe me. That's fine. A lot of people whom I know choose not to want to believe me either, even if they've seen me out painting or paying taxes and bills. And that's totally fine! But I don't understand you guys saying I look down on people. I don't. I love my brother. And I understand him saying "no" to starting his own business. All I said was that it's sad that he can't do more. I don't see how you guys can say I look down on people without knowing the full story, without knowing me, without knowing the full situation. CFScorpio was right, I'm 18 now, I was 15 when I started my business. Thanks for paying attention, CFScorpio! I pray that my "bragging" (never intended it to be that), in other words, hopefully uplifting story helps someone. I never intended my story to make someone mad or to question it, or me. And I'm sorry. I feel I shouldn't be sorry for trying to show how blessed I am and trying to get a message out, but I am. I also never meant to sound like I was bragging, or like I'm arrogant, or whatever else you may have called me. I really hope, since you all have acted this way towards me, that you don't look down upon people who don't work and party! And no, I don't look down upon those people, I just find it sad and hopeless. I don't mean to sound like I'm being defensive here, but I really do think that not only am I a child, but I think many of you are, too. Many of you refuse to believe in another person's success. Instead of my situation helping you to believe there are some young people wanting to do something with their lives, instead of it uplifting some of you to do something good, I have made you all seemingly hate me for my good fortune. Again, I am sorry for this. I just hope you all realize that I'm not perfect, as you think I believe I am. I'm not! Yes, I hate kids. That makes me not perfect right there. There are other things also, like any of you, like any other person. And I know a lot of you must also hate my father, for helping me out. I must apologize to him in my heart for doing this. Please don't hate him--I shouldn't have even brought this thread up. I guess no matter where you go on the internet there will always be people who don't understand, like you guys. I must assume that since most of you don't like kids, of course, and all of you still think I'm one, which yes, I must be, is the reason why you don't believe my situation. I just wish I could show all of you so you could believe me and continue on. Don't let this get to you. I won't bring my business up anywhere anymore, I guess, to avoid talk that I "can't do things myself". I hope all of you don't hate kids who really can't. Anyways, sorry for bringing the thread up. You guys can write whatever you want in response, which you would anyway, I won't be back. I understand all of you don't want me here and I respect that. I really don't want to be here either, after all of the negativity. I love this forum, I love to talk to people like me, who don't like kids. But I can't stand to talk to people who can't believe in a young person's success, I won't lie. It just bothers me. I just wish all of you really knew what I've been through to get to where I am. I believe I'm lucky and blessed, while all of you believe I look down upon people and am arrogant. Once again, sorry for giving you this image of me. I brought it upon myself. So goodbye everyone!

May God bless and keep you all. smiling smiley
Anonymous User
December 28, 2006
TimsGirl, if you're reading this - and how could you [or anyone else] resist coming back to see if any replies were made to such a melodramatic exit speech [I loved it!] - just let me say that you've gotta learn to ease up. Don't take things so personally. When people are comfortable talking to you [in person and on the internet], they're going to feel comfortable enough to disagree with you. That doesn't mean they don't like you. LOTS of regulars on this board have gotten in disagreements about a large variety of things [Andrea Yates, dog rape, forced sterilization - just a few that I've been personally involved in], things can get pretty heated - but it doesn't mean that anybody hates you or wants you to go away.

Some people are lucky enough to be born into a financially endowed family - you're one of those people. Don't feel bad about it. You would have been a helluva fool to NOT take advantage of the extra opportunities afforded to you. But sometimes people [including myself, at times] get rubbed the wrong way by a perceived tone, because they've been in situations with people who were born more fortunate who seemed to think that everyone's situation is as easy as theirs, and that anyone who isn't in their position is stupid, lazy, or undeserving. It's like you said - nobody knows the whole story; each and every one of us comes online with years of baggage that affects the way we view things.

You've explained yourself - and even apologized [I certainly wouldn't have, but it was sweet of you]. Now let bygones be just that. Don't leave!
December 28, 2006
I go agree with Stephanie how very easy it is to be offended at a person who was born with the silver spoon in her mouth and the bragging of how others should be just as "successful".

No one likes a braggart even if the person did on his/her own with zero assistance. Those people are just as insufferable. I think the melodramatic exits are common for most discussion boards where the poster usually does return.

I am glad when people work and do not party because I am not a party person myself and do work hard for what I have since I was quite young. It is the "attitude" that bothered a few of us.

A young person's success is good. It is not what is said but how it said and how it comes off. At 18, you still have a lot to learn about life. Heck, at 42, I still learn every single day!

"FUCK WORK"
CFScorpio
December 28, 2006
I guess I'm not seeing what the rest of you see. I didn't interpret TimsGirl's post as bragging. Someone asked her about her company and she went into more detail. She could have lied and said her dad didn't help her, but she was being honest.

I also don't see the inconsistencies or lying that others referred to. Did she post something on another board that contradicted what she posted here?

I also don't think she put anyone else down besides her own brother, nor did I see any statement where she lectured others about what they should or shouldn't do.

I also don't think we can necessarily assume that she and her family are rich just because he lent her some money. Some families with little money will give all that money to help the kids, and some very well-off families will cut the kids off financially.

I grew up middle-class in a very wealthy suburb and I always thought we were poor because everyone else around me was so rich. I didn't get the Mercedes on my 16th birthday, the designer clothes, the gold jewelry, the horse riding lessons, etc. but I saw all that around me.

Once I got to college and in the working world and saw others who didn't have the education I had and who had to struggle for basic necessities, I realized that my family was relatively well-off compared to others. I was used to being put down by stuck-up, snobby people, but later I also saw that less financially well-off people could be just as stuck-up and snobby in reverse, assuming that everyone with more money than them was "spoiled", and acting jealous and resentful of others whom they perceived as "having it easy".

My dad (whom I never got along with when I was younger) was nice enough to lend me money for a condo a few years ago, and I made the mistake of telling this to a friend. This friend got all nasty and jealous and would constantly throw it in my face that my life was so easy compared to hers. (Little did she know! I had many years in my 20s when I was too proud to ask my family for money and I struggled with dead-end jobs and paying bills.)

I had another friend recently who got furious at me because all his "rich friends" (which I guess included me) wouldn't help him by getting our employers to use his company as a vendor! The tirade went on and on about how he was so much better and smarter than all of us and he deserved success and we won't help him, blah blah. I was so furious at that! First of all, I'm a paralegal. I am not rich. It's a good-paying job, but I sure as heck don't make what a lawyer makes! The lawyers at my firm have all the power, not me! I can't get anyone hired there! I did pass along his resume, but that wasn't enough for him! Apparently I was supposed to call all over the company and ask various people I didn't know a lot of questions about what types of vendors they use and then report all this back to him. In other words, I was supposed to do his whole sales pitch. And this was AFTER being insulted by him!

Anyway, the whole point of this is that everyone appears to be jumping all over TimsGirl because she happened to mention - AFTER being asked! - that her dad lent her money to start a company when she was in her teens. SO WHAT? Maybe her dad thought she'd be good at it. Most teens would have blown the money on something stupid or lost the money in bad business deals. Apparently she has been wise with the money.

Now if someone has evidence that everything she told us was B.S., then I take it all back and will concede the point.
GreenGrass
December 28, 2006
I have been watching this thread unravel and I have to say that I agree with CFScorpio. I don't understand all the negativity. TimsGirl seems to be a smart, level-headed young lady.
CFScorpio, that is awful about your friend. What a complete jerk. I also totally understand about the reverse snobbery. I remember when a "friend" called me an "elitist" because I was in college (a cheap state university) and the fact I grew up in a somewhat wealthy suburb (as if that made me some sort of snob just by having lived there!). Yeah, I was an elitist who waited tables at Denny's to pay the bills! I'm even sometimes ashamed to tell people where I grew up, because they immediately get this impression that I am some sort of white supremacist/spoiled brat/"elitist". On the other hand, the people I grew up around thought I was basically white trash. You just can't win! At least that is my experience!
Anyway, just my two cents on the matter.
Anonymous User
December 28, 2006
If you re- read some of TimsGirl's previous posts, you may be able to see that she isn't as level- headed as she likes to appear. When I wrote my posts, I took that into consideration.

CFScorpio, she did post on "Married No Kids" that she was a student studying nutrition. Read through the posts over there, and you'll find inconsistencies up the wazoo.

Here on Bratfree, Timsgirl has posted that she threatened to kill her classmates for making fun of her pet chickens. Nothing mature or level headed about that! Now, she's saying that she pays all these taxes, when she specifically said that taxes were unconstitutional. Some conspiracy theory site said so, so it must be true. I suppose the sixteenth amendment doesn't apply to her. I know that because she was attacking me, personally. Smart, level- headed people do not resort to name calling whenever they disagree with someone. Children do that.

The world is not a "one size fits all" kind of place. TimsGirl, if you've accomplished everything you've claimed, then I sincerely congratulate you. But, try to keep in mind that people have to do what's best for them, even if it seems totally fruitless to you.
December 28, 2006
I believe the "negativity" was based on TimsGirl stating how everyone should do the same as she did regarding her success which was paid for by her father. That attitude turns off a lot of people. If others are okay with the "attitude", more power to them. However, young adults starting out with parental welfare really have no right to judge anyone else's "lack of success". I noticed TimsGirl backpedaling claiming she worked low-end jobs when asked how she could work real estate before turning 18.

Underage people cannot sign legal documents or apply for loans. The B*S radar was a bit high because there is a lot of embellishment on the internet due to the anonymity factor. I agree with Sprogless how TimsGirl does act like a child. I cannot see a polished real estate professional on Daddy's Dollar admitting to threatening to kill classmates or for inconsistent stories on other boards while keeping the same handle, which is not that smart if one is trying to boast. Her "god bless you" was as fake of a well-wish to us as a $3 bill. Besides, she should not assume we are all Christian.
CFScorpio
December 28, 2006
sprogless Wrote:
> If you re- read some of TimsGirl's previous posts,
> you may be able to see that she isn't as level-
> headed as she likes to appear. When I wrote my
> posts, I took that into consideration.
>
> CFScorpio, she did post on "Married No Kids" that
> she was a student studying nutrition. Read through
> the posts over there, and you'll find
> inconsistencies up the wazoo.
>
> Here on Bratfree, Timsgirl has posted that she
> threatened to kill her classmates for making fun
> of her pet chickens. Nothing mature or level
> headed about that! Now, she's saying that she pays
> all these taxes, when she specifically said that
> taxes were unconstitutional. Some conspiracy
> theory site said so, so it must be true. I suppose
> the sixteenth amendment doesn't apply to her. I
> know that because she was attacking me,
> personally. Smart, level- headed people do not
> resort to name calling whenever they disagree with
> someone. Children do that.

Hm...well, that certainly puts things in a somewhat different light.
CFScorpio
December 28, 2006
GreenGrass Wrote:
I also totally understand about the
> reverse snobbery. I remember when a "friend"
> called me an "elitist" because I was in college (a
> cheap state university) and the fact I grew up in
> a somewhat wealthy suburb (as if that made me some
> sort of snob just by having lived there!).

I think anyone who would know enough to use the word "elitist" probably IS one!
December 28, 2006
the problem was, the impression she gave, as if she did all the work herself, when legally, she wouldnt be able to co sign loan agreements, that she wouldnt be able to pay taxes on property (at least in the UK you dont if your under a certain age)..

i get called posh, because of where i live, i am not.. unless you think i am..

(timsgirl, you need to grow a thicker skin, i have had major arguements with a few members of this board, but we still agree on some things, and still argue on others dont we scorpwink )

it was just the way, all we were saying is it looked odd to our eyes that you could do all this before you were legally able too. if she did it, then ok good for her, but the questions still remain.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CFScorpio
December 28, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
>
> (timsgirl, you need to grow a thicker skin, i
> have had major arguements with a few members of
> this board, but we still agree on some things,
> and still argue on others dont we scorpwink )
>
You can say that again! grinning smiley It's OK to disagree and be angry without personal insults or name-calling.
January 02, 2007
What a can of worms! Whooo!

Firstly, the ages I hate the most are 12-24 (24 is when the local health department definition of adult begins) because as far as I can tell, they are a bunch of entitled, lazy, intentionally stupid children who Should Know Better. A baby doesn't know from drooling, and a toddler doesn't know from stupid questions, but once you get to the age where you know you should be acting better in public, but still refuse to do so for whatever reason, is when I've had enough.

Secondly, I would have to say that when TimsGirl states she's had a business since the age of 15 and it's so easy, is when I had to question the validity of her statements. About half the people in my family have been in business for themselves and every single one of them says its a complete shitload of hard work, be you a real estate appraser, government contractor, hotel owner or farmer. Whether or not you have start up help doesn't even figure into the daily and constant toil that a small business owner must endure. To say you had your own business at 15, and also managed to go to school full time is a pretty unusual statement, however in my world collecting rent on a single condo barely registers as "business".

Thirdly, physical and mental ages generally have little to do with each other. Mental age and life experience do have a lot to do with each other, especially after you figure out that the best thing to do with mistakes is to learn from them so you can spend your time doing fun things and not repeating the same mistakes.
Anonymous User
January 03, 2007
And then, she goes on Married No Kids and complains about this site.
January 03, 2007
timsgirl did say on bellaonline

They also basically called me a liar, saying there's no way I could have had a real estate license at 15. They were right, of course, but I'm the one doing all of the work for my business, as my father is helping me by cosigning for things***

if she had explained he co signed and she was using his license.. then we would have no problem, but she alos looked down upon people who wore $2 shoes to a prom..

Anonymous User
January 19, 2007
is there such a thing as a "good age" for any child?
January 22, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
> timsgirl did say on bellaonline
>
> ***
> They also basically called me a liar, saying
> there's no way I could have had a real estate
> license at 15. They were right, of course, but I'm
> the one doing all of the work for my business, as
> my father is helping me by cosigning for
> things***
>
> if she had explained he co signed and she was
> using his license.. then we would have no problem,
> but she alos looked down upon people who wore $2
> shoes to a prom..

Tims Girl is pretty sad character. After all, she complained about Bella's site when she came over here! Now, she is back over there hoping to get sympathy.

I really have no pity for these bastards of privilege who think they can look down on everyone else because their Daddios or Moomies got them their start in "business" in or just barely out of their teens. This girl is just as bratty as the sprogs she complains about!

Many of the young "CF" like her jump on the bandwagon to rebel or look cool but she probably will be burping baybees by her 25th birthday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login