Breeder wants lessons for 7-year-old; offers beer in exchange

Posted by catmeow 
Breeder wants lessons for 7-year-old; offers beer in exchange
December 23, 2006
From the Breeders on Craigslist files:

need child guitar lessons - have beer
Reply to: sale-251830225@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-12-20, 10:21PM EST

my son (7) wants to learn how to play guitar. I don't have much money to spend ($35 or so) on a lesson, but we have lots of premium beer to barter. $10+ a six pack type of stuff.
We live in Woburn and I don't want to travel halfway to NY either... thanks for reading!
I love beer. Good beer. But even if I knew how to play guitar, there is no amount of beer in the world to make me put up with a 7-year-old sprog for any length of time!

I assume that this is Woburn, MA? Hmmm...I haven't heard anything about any liquor stores being robbed lately in this area. I wonder where this beer came from, if the breedersons are so broke?
It's probably Daddio's beer.

I'm just guessing that he didn't want to waste his money on lessons that the kid will tire of in a week.
Re: Breeder wants lessons for 7-year-old; offers beer in exchange
December 24, 2006
Yes, catmommy9, they're from Woburn, MA. The beer probably came from NH.

When I read the ad, I pictured the proud duh and 7-year-old sprog sharing the remaining beer in Kodak Moments(TM) with the video camera rolling and the audio on. The breeder classic could go something like this:

Duh: I traded some of the beer I got cheap from New Hampshire so you could have the lessons you want. You can learn how to be a rock star now!

Sprog: Yay! I can't wait!

Duh: Let's celebrate the future guitar god! (Duh and sprog open up the remaining beer and guzzle it down.)

Sprog: I love this beer. I feel great! (Sprog gets up from where he was sitting and staggers across the room.)

Duh: (beaming with pride) That's my boy! You'll be the next Eddie Van Halen! Slash! Eric Clapton! Stevie Ray Vaughan!
December 24, 2006
see its called borrowing a book from a library, i think its.. free.. you get the book, and learn.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 25, 2006
Isn't is so interesting how people who complain about how they're so broke often have the most alcohol in their home? BF's parents come to mind - they're on the edge of bankruptcy and they have more beer than they know what to do with.

Honestly, a 7-year-old most likely will not want to learn guitar and will not know how to appreciate music. When Mommy says "My kid wants to learn guitar", what she really means is "I can't achieve anything meaningful so I want to make my kid do something to make up for me".
January 02, 2007
As the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers were known to say "Pot will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no pot."
I think it works with beer too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login