Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why does everyone change when it gets here?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Why does everyone change when it gets here?
January 03, 2007
I used to relate to my sister so much better than I can now. She had the baby little more than three years ago -- and I really do love the little guy, still don't want one though!

Anyway, all she ever talks about now is the child and what he is doing and what he is saying and when they come to visit we can go to Chuck E Cheese and all that fun stuff. I haven't had one b/c I don't want to go do all that fun stuff.

Then her husband...he walks around like a peacock with his feathers out b/c he created that child. That is about the extent of his interaction with the child. He always works, then has to have his me time and then wine & dine the clients.

What gives?
That is what I always wondered and would be afraid of if I was to ever actually sprog. It takes over like a Stepfordization.

One may argue friends/family have different interest/responsibilities/focus/mindset, that is why they change but that doesn't make sense to me, b/c these same people don't Stepfordize after getting married, getting different jobs and or hobbies, etc., but breeding turns almost everyone, maybe even all, on some level into pedestrian StepfordMoo/Duhd. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

They utter the same bingos, complaints, catchphrases, cliches, and coos. If it doesn't happen to a good PNB friend with the first one, then it happens after the 2nd one, or brews slowly while the sprogs grow and the next thing you know, your once cool pal turns into the typical suburbmoo living for the next soccer game and wearing ripped sweats while baybee is in latest BabyHilfeger wear.

And, if you don't like it, then youre immature b/c you didn't grow up and have brats. band playing music I heard one radio DJ say it happens to every woman after a certain age like hypnotism and I agree but I felt like calling him and telling him about all the CF forever women at this site. :beer
It must be hormones. I can't think of any other logical explanation.
Re: Why does everyone change when it gets here?
January 04, 2007
Because nowdays, to be a "good" parent, you have to devote your entire life to your child. Having interests outside the child is "selfish" and "bad". If you maintain a job outside the home, it's merely so you can "provide for the children", screw whether or not you actually enjoy your work or have enough time to spend with your children. If you leave the house without the children, it had better be for some benefit to the children, and not for me time. I mean, if your kids got wind that you had a life outside of them, it would damage their fragile egos so much they'd probably all end up serial killers...or worse yet...child free.
Simply put, the moo shits her brain out with the brat. While they are not really that great, a number of studies have concluded that a woman's brain turns to mush during pregnancy and afterwards. While the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'evidence', we all know there is plenty of proof of that hypothesis!
January 05, 2007
Feh and Dr.Dan, I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!

In addition, I think some people don't realize there is more to life than breeding, they've followed the life script and this is the next step. For them, there is nothing outside of life but their kyds. Everything up until that point was just something to fill up idle time.
DrDanCorelli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Simply put, the moo shits her brain out with the
> brat. While they are not really that great, a
> number of studies have concluded that a woman's
> brain turns to mush during pregnancy and
> afterwards. While the plural of 'anecdote' is not
> 'evidence', we all know there is plenty of proof
> of that hypothesis!

I was expecting a somewhat more scientific/medical explanation from you, Dr. Dan! LOL
Anonymous User
January 06, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> In addition, I think some people don't realize
> there is more to life than breeding, they've
> followed the life script and this is the next
> step. For them, there is nothing outside of life
> but their kyds. Everything up until that point
> was just something to fill up idle time.

I totally agree -- I think my parents, sister and grandparents think that I should follow the "life script" and take the "next step". My grandfather asked me tonight when I was going to "start my family" --then exclaimed that that was probably a loaded question??? I thought that I started my family three years ago when I married my husband...

Breeders obviously have no respect for the child-frees opinions or our "right to choose"
Anonymous User
January 11, 2007
Here here. Even after turning 40 the bingo questions don't stop! In fact, they may get worse - more desperate.

It's always better to not encourage their questions - they give up pretty quickly in my experience.

I remember once telling a friend that I was childfree by choice and she looked at me with this bewildered look and said indignently "child free?" I've never heard it put that way before! We weren't friends for long after. No loss, she had just had a baby.
RandomCFChick
January 15, 2007
Amazing, isn't it, how some people become completely different (and a hell of a lot less interesting) once they have a kid? I've been there and done that, and I certainly understand where you're at, greenacres!

I have noticed that the more peacock-like the dad is, the less involved he is with the kids. Might just be the guys I have encountered, but the ones I know who're good, dedicated parents and really involved with their kid(s) don't bother strutting. Maybe that's because they don't feel the need to remind everyone that their sperm can swim?
Anonymous User
January 19, 2007
CF Uter Wrote:
> It takes over like a Stepfordization.

Just realized you put it that way. I often think of my sister and see that her life is strikingly like the Stpford Wives book. I am dying to see the movie to see if she's in it smiling smiley

Also, my mother totally reverts into a child whenever she is around the grandchild. She is 56 years old, but she acts 3 when he's around. I love him and I love having fun with him too, but come on!

They also make me feel like nothing I do could ever compare to the happiness that has been brought into their lives by the grandchild. They light up when ever they talk about him or his wonderful parents (they breed therefore they are...)

I, for one, have had enough of their JUNK!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login