Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2113 Grandma needs a shower?

Posted by Feh 
2113 Grandma needs a shower?
January 09, 2007
What the hell....so not only do Moo's get showers at every facility they frequent and with every level of friends and family, but now Grandma has to have a shower too? And Abby says, it's OKAY, especially if Grandma is going to be providing child care?! I call BULLSHIT!
If Grandma is going to be doing alot of babysitting, then her stupid children who spawned need to be providing the equipment necessicary, NOT the rest of us. Boy, if I ever get invited to one of THESE, they're going to get an RSVP that will make their eyes bleed.

I was under the impression that the purpose of a baby shower once was to celebrate the arrival of the baby (whatever), and to give the couple some basics to get them through the hectic time around the birth of the baby. Now, I guess, it's a hugeass gift grab for anyone who will come in contact with the baby for more than a couple hours.
Anonymous User
Re: 2113 Grandma needs a shower?
January 09, 2007
>>I was under the impression that the purpose of a baby shower once was to celebrate the arrival of the baby (whatever), and to give the couple some basics to get them through the hectic time around the birth of the baby.

Feh, you are HILARIOUS! Basics?! These women actually create baby shower registries with thousand-dollar strollers, designer jumpers, diamond-encrusted teething rings, engraved gold rattles - and they feel that they're owed those things even from co-workers who they barely say hello to! And if you dare to get them something that wasn't on their list...

And now Grandmas too?! They should totally make them pay taxes for all of the loot they get.
CFScorpio
January 09, 2007
Feh Wrote:

> If Grandma is going to be doing alot of
> babysitting, then her stupid children who spawned
> need to be providing the equipment necessicary,
> NOT the rest of us.

Not to mention that they should be paying Grandma for babysitting. Not that any breeders ever do that! It's supposed to be grandma's pleasure.
BillyC
January 09, 2007
One of the soon-grandmoos here at work got the bright idea to have a shower for herself at work. Even the other breeders told her she was a selfish bitch and there would be no gift grab for her. She just sulked and complained that no one was 'sharing her joy'. Now she is the pariah of the office and no one will talk to her. Pretty bad when breeders even disown their own kind!
January 09, 2007
When you get cheesed because no one is going to give you presents to "share joy", it means you're a greedy piece of shit who deserves neither joy nor presents...and I guess that's what she got. HA!
Ezzy
January 10, 2007
I went to a shower once where we had all pooled our money and purchased an expensive crib and car seat. That was it. The moocow-to-be sulked the entire time when she realized there wasn't going to be a big pile of presents for her to open.
That was the last shower I agreed to attend.

My SIL is now pregnant. I can only imagine the strangeness that's going to ensue. When she got engaged to my brother she had no less than three bridal showers thrown for her. I can't wait to see what kind of baby shower horror I'm going to be forced into.

What do you get a 40yr old woman who is in-cow for the first time? A sympathy card and hemroid cream?
February 06, 2007
Something VERY COOL that SO and I have been invited to is a "New Kitty" party - a gay couple we're close with got a new kitty from the shelter to add to their collection of 4. They've had the little guy for about a month or so and now that he's adjusted to his new digs, they thought a partay is in order.

Despite the fact that they are long-time cat/pet owners, I have NO problem going out and spending money on ridiculous silly toys, treats, supplies, or food for the little guy. But if it were a baybee shower for a 2nd or 3rd baybee, I'd certainly turn my nose up at it!!!! LOL
February 06, 2007
Some of my friends and I have some pretty big and involved birthday type celebrations every couple months because we live a bit to far to see eachother as often as we'd like. One of the new addtions to these celebrations is that in lieu of gifts, we take up collections of needed items for agencies that support the causes that the birthdayers support, it makes us feel good, and helps the causes we are passionate about. I never felt more proud than going into a local animal shelter with the giant box of pet supplies I had gotten for my birthday celebration.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login