Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wild animals slaughtered in Ohio "to protect the children" angry smiley

Posted by kman 
satansbitch
zatoth
satansbitch
There is nothing "heroic" about gunning down defenseless creatures. What also sickens me is that the unstable asshole who kept these animals most likely didn't care for them worth a shit. Yet something else to make me want to apologize for being part of the human race.

You realize the "helpless" animals you are talking about are cats the size of a sofa? There was an attempt to tranquilize them, but the animals were too aggressive. It was not just children they were protecting-would you want horses and dogs and other animals to die horribly? It makes me sick to see these creatures killed like this, but let's put the blame where it belongs-on the selfish ass hat who opened the cages and let these poor animals loose to be killed like this before he took his own life. The officers had a sworn duty to protect the citizens and Jack Hanna admitted this. If the owner of these animals really cared about them, he would have seen to it they were going to be cared for or he would never had unlocked the doors. You are talking like the suicide guy was a saint: he had a prior conviction of animal cruelty.

Please look at my second sentence. "What also sickens me is that the unstable asshole who kept these animals most likely didn't care for them worth a shit." These animals had to face a fuckton of people with guns chasing them down. Yes, in that case they were helpless. Again, I'd like to apologize for being a member of the human race. I'd also like to know how that worthless piece of shit was able to keep these animals with an animal cruelty conviction, and while I'm at it, why did the idiots who heard them roaring at night not make any phone calls to complain??? There were other options. They could have been dealt with humanely. I hope the stupid little pissant who kept these animals the way he did has a special reservation in hell.

He was allowed to own them, because there are no restrictions. He couldn't own cattle or Bison, because of his conviction, but Bengal Tigers, bears, wolves, hey, why not. I guess this guy was always in compliance, and the local law enforcement couldn't touch him. The POS, just got out of prison, he had been in for a year on a weapons conviction. Why didn't his distraught wife (who had left him) get rid of the animals, or kick him out and take care of them. Who had been caring for them while he was in prison? These selfish people are to blame for the deaths of these animals. This guy decided if he couldn't have his animals, no one could. Why else would he have cut the fences, (so that they could not be secured) and let the animals out?
Re: Wild animals slaughtered in Ohio "to protect the children" angry smiley
October 19, 2011
GaiasRevenge
I fail to see the problem if animals wipe out a small percentage of humans.

We've just hit 7bn, we're hardly gonna die out any time soon, more's the pity.

I really can't my head around the sort of animals you can keep as pets in the US. Almost anything seems to be OK. Do you even need any sort of license?

In NJ, we actually have laws concerning exotic animals and quite a few species are prohibited. One huge reason is because NJ has a unique and very endangered Eco-system called The New Jersey Pine Barrens that wretches out through Burlington, Ocean, Atlantic, Cumberland, Cape May and Salem counties. It is home to some rare species of animals and plants, which are not only prohibited by law from harvesting or owning, but that the state is concerned of an intrusive species coming in and killing off the population (although it seems Corzine himself was more of an intrusive invader than even Norway maples). We can have exotic animals, but many need some kind of permit (I used to have a hobbyist permit, which is the least expensive, but also is limited to pet store fare). To have any sort of these creatures this guy had, you would need something such as an exhibitor or zoological license and a dangerous animal permit. Those licenses come with a bunch of conditions, such as state inspections and some other stuff I don't recall.
zatoth
satansbitch
There is nothing "heroic" about gunning down defenseless creatures. What also sickens me is that the unstable asshole who kept these animals most likely didn't care for them worth a shit. Yet something else to make me want to apologize for being part of the human race.

You realize the "helpless" animals you are talking about are cats the size of a sofa? There was an attempt to tranquilize them, but the animals were too aggressive. It was not just children they were protecting-would you want horses and dogs and other animals to die horribly? It makes me sick to see these creatures killed like this, but let's put the blame where it belongs-on the selfish ass hat who opened the cages and let these poor animals loose to be killed like this before he took his own life. The officers had a sworn duty to protect the citizens and Jack Hanna admitted this. If the owner of these animals really cared about them, he would have seen to it they were going to be cared for or he would never had unlocked the doors. You are talking like the suicide guy was a saint: he had a prior conviction of animal cruelty.

I agree with you on this. Even though I am saddened by the events I think it had to be done this way. I have a horse who lives 1/2 hour away from this place which was waay to close for comfort for me. The one to blame in this situation is the person who let the animals loose in the first place. I don't think there are enough tranq guns in the area to sedate this many animals...my friend had a bull get loose and there was no one in our area (we live 20 min from Columbus) that could come and tranquilize the bull safely so a neighbor (not the cop ironically) had to put the lone bull down. That was one bull not 40 wild predators. I just don't see how they could have tranquilized that many animals safely and effectively..and they would have very little time before the animals aroused and no place to put them as the cages were useless after being cut.

Still very sad.
Thank you, Zatoth. Beat me to it.

What I don't get is: WHO on the news was suggesting that children were at risk and adults weren't? I don't recall hearing anyone talk like that. Let's not make this into something that it isn't. It's bad enough already. I feel sorry for Jack Hanna - and pretty much everyone except the dead man.
October 20, 2011
Tiquer
Story 3: Hubs came upon a car-deer accident on his way to work. The deer was pretty seriously injured. The sheriff that responded to THAT call had horrible aim and shot the poor animal repeatedly in the face, and NONE of those multiple shots were fatal.

OMG, that's horrible sad smiley Last year I was driving on the freeway and out of nowhere a deer suddenly appeared. I hit it and it went flying over my car. It was a terrible experience and even though I killed the deer, I was upset for months after. I'm still haunted by it.

As far as this story, I think it's disgusting that even though this guy had been cited several times for animal cruelty, he was still allowed to keep these poor animals. After the first incident, the animals should have been rehomed to a sanctuary.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
October 21, 2011
M4P
Tiquer
Story 3: Hubs came upon a car-deer accident on his way to work. The deer was pretty seriously injured. The sheriff that responded to THAT call had horrible aim and shot the poor animal repeatedly in the face, and NONE of those multiple shots were fatal.

OMG, that's horrible sad smiley Last year I was driving on the freeway and out of nowhere a deer suddenly appeared. I hit it and it went flying over my car. It was a terrible experience and even though I killed the deer, I was upset for months after. I'm still haunted by it.

As far as this story, I think it's disgusting that even though this guy had been cited several times for animal cruelty, he was still allowed to keep these poor animals. After the first incident, the animals should have been rehomed to a sanctuary.

It is a bad situation for everybody. I don't seriously think the cops were gungho hunting these creatures-these are rare animals and very dangerous. Tigers are super stealthy, huge and powerful- I would not want to be running around, rifle or not, at night looking for this animal. The people who do this legitimately have their operations and efforts being scrutinized and demonized because of an animal abuser deciding to let loose his charges. The taxpayers who had to fund the clean up of this douchebag's selfish antics. And of course the ultimate losers-the animals, who were in some sort of sick game perpetrated by a suicidal loser.
October 21, 2011
Why keep a tiger for a pet? There were tv reports of the people who do this kind of thing and it just seems like they want attention and to feel special for having unique and dangerous animals. It's awful with monkeys which many people dress and treat as babies. They showed an unregulated auction for exotics with nothing but rednecks and creepy looking people there buying these poor baby animals who have a bleak future. There is nothing majestic about a captive wild animal, it is nothing but sad - they are no better off than lab animals. The shelters are full of loving domestic pets which are being killed daily but these people are not looking to love an animal only to have dominion over something special and put it in an unnatural situation for their own sick selfish purposes.
October 21, 2011
Unless a place is a licensed sanctuary of some sort operated by professionals and overseen on a regular basis by a regulatory agency for animal and human safety and welfare, they should NOT be allowed to keep any potentially dangerous wild or exotic animals as pets. Otherwise, it's unsafe for humans and domestic animals and it's HORRIBLY unfair to the wild animals too.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login