Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2139 - Dear Abby

Posted by Feh 
2139 - Dear Abby
January 24, 2007
Wow. Abby actually told someone to not give marriage ultimatums and admitted that a single mother doesn't have much of a chance...she must have poured some irish cream into her coffee by mistake.
I mean come on, do people still seriously think that just because they get married, they'll stay that way forever? Gah...no wonder we're in the mess we're in.
Re: 2139 - Dear Abby
January 25, 2007
well i know i will stay with my rowan/faust forever, we both know when to be apart, when to be seperate people. i know i couldnt live without her, she is my sounding board, but then we are unusual people, maybe its because we spend time apart, and not get too involved, familiarity breeds contempt. i have my life and she has hers, she can go out to the movies if she wishes, i dont want to control her life and she doesnt want to control mine. we like to be together, but sometimes when we are together its nice to be apart (we both read in the same room being together yet in our own little book worlds).

we havent really argued, but there has been a few misunderstandings, the way i speak and the way she hears it, can be totally different, and the reverse is also true. but we both now understand that how we speak is just a minor thing.

probably because we are cf, and because of who we are, we can survive more problems, (and the long distance is a problem but we know how to survive it).

kids would destroy anything like a marriage, the extra stresses and strains, many people i know get married for the sake of the kid, or they have a kid for the sake of a marriage.. and it almost always fails. as they get totally wrapped up into one person, like a tree with ivy grown on it, so much that it crashes to earth, when it should be 2 trees giving mutual strength and support.

marriage is not making 2 people 1 person, its to my mind a mutual support, and love, and giving them room, when they wish it.

at least thats my mind, and i hope to be married sometime this year.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 25, 2007
I am very glad Abby gave the single moo a reality check. After all, most of the single moms do not have professional men willing to live with them as well as support them and their sprogs while Mombie goes to school. Usually, these women have deadbeat boyfriends as no guy with a future wants "damaged goods" when there are better women looking for affection. I hope the moo does give the ultimatum and is out on her butt. Let her live in the County Home aka subsidized nasty apartments for single moos.

Most women are ungrateful cunts when it comes to marriage and what a man does for them. If this guy married this woman, he probably would be stuck with Cunt Support aka Spousal Support in the event of a divorce as well as lose half of his house! As a feminist, I am appalled at this behaviour. Feminism is about equality for all rather than female legislators making laws to financially rape men in the event of a marriage ending.

The New York Times reports people are not marrying as in the past. Well...most men are tired of paying for the rental of a vagina and know too many fellows who were taken in divorces. Even the mail-order brides are doing the same thing despite the stereotype of being "nice and sweet". Yet...this entitlement-minded moo who is being taken care of by this man as well as him "helping" with her brats from her ex-husband issues an ultimatum?

I do not believe in "forever" which is why I am VERY anti-marriage. At the least, people need to sign pre-nups before saying "I do". Even guys are fucked up and will screw over a good wife who worked her ass of while he was in school or could not work for other reasons. Yeah, Feh, we are in a mess!

"FUCK WORK"
January 25, 2007
feminism used to be about equality, but it seems to have gone beyond that inot the what can i get, how can i be better off, this type of feminism, gives all people who want true equality a bad name.

i plan on living with rowan/faust until the day i die, i know if she goes before me (god forbid), i would lay down and die.. perhaps i am old fashioned, perhaps i am stubborn (i am a taurus born in the year of the ox).. but for me and rowan we both know forever will be forever. but we are weird people.. and so fit each other perfectly. for us it works.. 2 years and i knew the moment i saw her, it felt so right, we didnt need to speak we just saw each other and we knew..

she is my best friend, someone who understands my ravings, and my partner, i am a beleiver that marriages should be done on a licence basis 1, or 2, or 5, or 10 or forever years.. and so does she

as i said it works for us. our situation may not work for everyone, but..whatever works for someone works.. men call it the marriage strike, its men seeing that there are only a few really good women out there, but why bother with all the hassles, so they are not marrying.. and quite a few men are actually happier without these women.. i know my rowan/faust is special, and rare and unlike breeders and other women of that ilk.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Rowan
January 25, 2007
It does work for us, marriage. Merc is right, we are our own individuals, as well as together. We can read dfferent books in the same room, or play different video games, and we're still being together. I can go to town, or the movies, and Merc stay home, or vice versa. We don't have to enjoy everything the other one does. We implicitly trust eachother, and don't control one another. We do do things together, watch movies, go places, etc., but we know we don't have to do EVERYTHING together. Merc can go to his shed in the garden, and I can stay in watching TV and cross-stitching. We may not say much, if owt to eachother all day, but it doesn't mean we love eachother any less. We can even be in the same room listening to different music on personal CD players. Because we have this separateness, these individual selves, we know it will last forever.

There have been a few misunderstandings in almost 2.5 years, but there are less as we go on, as we have been in both places, and heard how people speak in each country. I am learning Northern speak smiling smiley The distance is hard, but it can be overcome. We both know we are together, and can be patient.

We definitely knew when we saw eachother in person the first time, that each other is The One.

We're both definitely CF, as we know there is no percentage in breeding, and we want eachother as first in our lives. There is no room for anyone else.

We are not obsessed with money. The reason those people screw eachother over is cos they value money above all else. Marriage did not make them that way, they were like that to begin with.

I definitely agree that marriage should be licence based, with options of intervals of 2 years to forever.

Mercurior is amazing, special, and rare. I love him very much, and am honoured, and very lucky to have him, and if the creek don't rise, we hope to be married sometime this year.

'Watching Love Grow Forever'

Rowan
January 26, 2007
Well, never having been married, I obviously can't say too much about marriage experiences. However, I have known many married people and have had long term relationships, from what I've seen in life, the most successful long term relationships are between people who maintain some seperate life interests. You don't have to do everything together all the time to have a successful relationship, after all if you both experience everything together, what do you have to talk about?
January 26, 2007
exactly, but people assume they need to share everything, we are luckier than most, we have a long distance romance, which teaches us how to spend time apart, i have said this is what makes it work best for us. we are apart for a lot of the time. yes we miss each other and yes we want to be together.. but we know its important to be individuals as well as being together

January 26, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> feminism used to be about equality, but it seems
> to have gone beyond that inot the what can i get,
> how can i be better off, this type of feminism,
> gives all people who want true equality a bad
> name.

That is what pissed me the fuck off about newer feminism. The pioneers of the early days of feminists fought for true equality: to get credit in our own names, be able to get a no-fault divorce so we are not hassling with the husbands, get hired at a job if we can do the same as a man, be free of sexual harassment on the jobs, etc.

In the 80's, female legislators made it a crime for a man to get a divorce. Even if the wife leaves, the ex-husbands can be on the hook for Cunt Support aka Alimony or Spousal Support for 1/2 or more of his salary. Even if the woman chose not to work and did not put an iota of money into the household, the professional prostitute is still granted half of the house which puts the man in a position where he must sell, refinance, or to just hand it over to the greedy bitch.

Wealthy men act like asses around women for a reason. It is no accident why Donald Trump or those like him have iron-tight pre-nuptial agreements. It is to keep the cunts from getting their hands on a ton of money with the childish excuse of "being accustomed" to a certain standard of living. Why should someone continue to live the high life is she has not contributed a damned thing...all because she has a set of breasts and a vagina? When men do the same, most people will tell the gigolo to go out and get a job. The same needs to be done with these greedy women in divorce court.

The Dear Abby thing ticked me off because I could see the single moo seeing dollar signs in her eyes since this guy is an All Around Good Man who does support this woman and the brats she birthed. Moo just goes to school. I would doubt she does anything much at home but whines she needs to study or look after her kids. Most women only want marriage for the fancy rock on their left hand and to be supported like a small child.

As a feminist, I am insulted by my gender and often ashamed!

Rowan, you are right how marriage did not make these greedsters like that but they were this way to begin with. Unfortunately, I (a female), other females, and males had to learn this the hard way when a marriage failed. I still live by the Law of Karma: Harm none. However, I have come out of my situation a very different person and sort of hardened. And...it ain't over yet until I start the filing process.

"FUCK WORK"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login