Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Born to Bully

Posted by JoJo 
JoJo
Born to Bully
February 06, 2007
Bullies are born, not made? What a shocker! It's about time people realized that some folks are born bad.

Maybe school administrators will finally stop blaming the victims.
Re: Born to Bully
February 06, 2007
JoJo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bullies are born, not made? What a shocker! It's
> about time people realized that some folks are
> born bad.
>
> Maybe school administrators will finally stop
> blaming the victims.

Thank-you, JoJo!

Over a year ago, my soon-to-be former husband and I watched a movie about a junior high school girl who was bullied because she was not considered attractive enough. My ass of a husband actually had the nerve to say how the victim would not have been a target of the other kids had she "presented" herself better. I was appalled at his callous comments!
It is time for school administrators and others to STOP blaming the victims of bullies. Adult victims of crimes cannot be blamed in court so we cannot blame child victims because of their age. School bullies grow up to bully on the job and to commit a host of other crimes. Bully victims are at risk of dropping out of school due to the fear of dealing with assaults on a daily basis yet it is illegal at a job for someone to do that to a co-worker.

Many people are just born "bad". I have seen good parents who try everything yet their brat is still a "bad seed". Yet, bad parents can have a wonderful child. Go figure...

"FUCK WORK"
JoJo
February 06, 2007
I've never understood why behavior that would be considered criminal or that would be the basis for a lawsuit outside of the schoolyard is considered normal in the schoolyard.

If you were walking down the street and a gang of thugs demanded your wallet, you'd rightly consider it a mugging, report it to the cops and get sympathy. If a bully steals the younger kid's lunch money, nothing happens.

If your co-workers belittled, harassed and threatened you, you'd sue and probably win because of a 'hostile work environment'. But if it's a kid, 'you're too sensitive', 'you need to learn to take a joke', etc.
Pirate Jo
February 06, 2007
I think it's an effect of the school system being the way it is now. Kids are warehoused all day with other yard apes of within a year of the same age. In the real world, you interact with people of all different ages.

Imagine a classroom full of people of mixed ages, which would actually resemble real life in some way. A 40-year-old isn't going to sit there and make fun of an adolescent in his class who wears funny clothes, for godssake. A confident, classy attorney in her 30's would shut down those gossipy, immature little Barbie dolls with a raised eyebrow.

It would be a whole different ballgame, and I don't see why it couldn't be a realistic scenario. There are plenty of brainy junior high and high school kids who excel in a subject to the extent that they could conceivably be in classes with students much older. (Imagine them not being held back, or being told to slow down their reading pace to let everyone else catch up.) There could also be adults taking some kind of class - say, basic car repair or shop - who just want a basic understanding of the subject and would be seeking something at a high school level.
February 07, 2007
JoJo Wrote:

> If your co-workers belittled, harassed and
> threatened you, you'd sue and probably win because
> of a 'hostile work environment'. But if it's a
> kid, 'you're too sensitive', 'you need to learn to
> take a joke', etc.

JoJo, I was one of those kids who was told how I was "too sensitive" and "needed to learn to take a joke". It is child abuse to expose children to bullying at school. Many parents actively participate in the abuse by telling their kids to learn to "deal with it". Yet, the same asshole parents wonder why their children do poorly in school or may eventually drop out. In fairness to my own mother, I never told her of what happened because there was already chaos in the family. I also did not want to seem like a "baby".

I was bullied off and on until high school. Fourth, fifth and seventh grades were actually okay because I had good teachers and great classmates. Sixth and eighth grade were total hell. Eighth grade was the worst as we moved to a suburb of San Francisco, San Bruno, where the girls mostly came from rich families and were cunts. I was beaten up and teased because of my clothing of all things.

I bet my soon-to-be former husband would blame ME saying how I needed to dress better. My mom was a divorced parent and worked her ass off to provide a good standard of living in a decent neighbourhood. I was not going to complain about the clothing she bought for me as I was grateful that I did not have to live in the "projects" like most SF kids of single mothers. Ninth grade was actually a blast but I became a loner by tenth grade due to moving yet again. I did not want the hassle of other kids around me.

Regarding my soon-to-be ex who always said I needed to learn to take jokes even as an adult, I pulled the last joke on HIM by leaving his fucking ass! Sorry...the day will come where I do not mention this fuck in almost every post. I know if I do not get the anger out now that it will fester into something worse. Thank-you in advance for being my friends, everyone, even though I am not always the easiest person to like...sad smiley

"FUCK WORK"
February 07, 2007
JoJo Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------->
> If your co-workers belittled, harassed and
> threatened you, you'd sue and probably win because
> of a 'hostile work environment'. But if it's a
> kid, 'you're too sensitive', 'you need to learn to
> take a joke', etc.

EXACTLY! As a matter of fact, we've all got that right here where I work!! But that's another story.........

Bullies need their asses kicked in a major way. Most bullies come from bad homes and use that as their excuse. Cry me a river then get over it. The "barbie doll" bullies are the worst, too. Most of them will grow up to be breeder sows with failed marriages.
February 07, 2007
I can tell you from personal experience that nothing freaks out bullies more than when the object of their attention turns on them and kicks their ass out of the blue. Plus, I learned that the crying kid who gets to the teacher first never gets into trouble.
Anonymous User
February 08, 2007
Man, I KNOW what y'all are talking about! I was viciously bullied from 3rd grade through high school (by both guys and the Barbies) due to the fact that a. I wore glasses, b. I wore braces, c. I was a little chubby, and d. My mom couldn't afford designer clothes so I wore a lot of hand-me-downs and JC Penney outlet clothes (we couldn't afford to shop at Penney's). I couldn't WAIT to go to college!

I did go back for my 10 year reunion back in 1999 wearing a $500 silk little black dress size 8 (you can afford these things when you don't have kids!) and mentioning casually that I was a Navy Lieutenant living in San Diego and would be moving to Sicily the next year and oh by the way what are you up to? The response: most of those girls were stuck with kids living in the same small town in Atlanta and/or divorced. To which I would reply, "Oh." and walk away. Revenge is sweet! :yeah

My best friend from high school asked me if I'd go to the 20 year and I said no. I figure I keep in touch with the two people from there that I wanted to keep in touch with and to hell with the rest! I'd rather spend my $$ on real estate or a trip to Australia with first class airfaregrinning smiley.
February 09, 2007
RESPONSIBLE ADULT Wrote:

> I did go back for my 10 year reunion back in 1999
> wearing a $500 silk little black dress size 8 (you
> can afford these things when you don't have kids!)
> and mentioning casually that I was a Navy
> Lieutenant living in San Diego and would be moving
> to Sicily the next year and oh by the way what are
> you up to? The response: most of those girls were
> stuck with kids living in the same small town in
> Atlanta and/or divorced. To which I would reply,
> "Oh." and walk away. Revenge is sweet! :yeah
>
> My best friend from high school asked me if I'd go
> to the 20 year and I said no. I figure I keep in
> touch with the two people from there that I wanted
> to keep in touch with and to hell with the rest!
> I'd rather spend my $$ on real estate or a trip to
> Australia with first class airfaregrinning smiley.

Right on, Girlfriend! Thank you

The lady who looked after me while my mom worked had other kids in her care. I was bullied at Agnes' house besides at the school. Agnes and the other brats felt I should just "take a joke".

The parents thought Agnes was next to being the Virgin Mary as she did not charge much for watching kids since she had her own wealth from her late husband who was mobbed up. My mom still thinks this bitch is great...even though Mom is a good person but ill-informed.

So...I do go for an Agnes' Kids Reunion eons later before the woman's death. I am not beautiful or near to it. Nor am I successful in the job world. Now, I am going on Divorce #3 so many people would think my life has been a disaster. First marriage was a very short thing at age 19 to an abuser.

The good thing is how the nasty girls from Agnes' did not fare well. One had TWO out-of-wedlock kids with different fathers. Another thought she was going to be a model but fell flat on her face. She was the worst who bullied me as she was two years older. Agnes' favourite has a husband who cannot stand her along with two brats. Working and moohood ain't what Favoured Girl thought it would be even though she does well financially. Another has not dealt with her alcoholism.

I may not have achieved much and have been to my own "school of hard knocks" but I have made it out fairly sane. I work for what I want and need. Despite the marriage issue not being a "success" for me, I have no kids and am more free than the marrieds or the career women. They are still pretending to be those they are not...

"FUCK WORK"
February 09, 2007
Amethusos, you are right on with that one. It is my opinion that no, you don't have to be a rocket scientist, be gorgeous or famous, make millions or marry a wealthy guy to have "succeeded" in life.

To me, "success" is being a good person, treating people and animals with respect, making it on your own, and NOT making a mess of your life or anyone else's. THAT'S my idea of success.

Half the assholes I know who have "made something" of their lives are not worth the steam off my shit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login