Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#2160 - Breed or "else"...

Posted by amethusos* 
#2160 - Breed or "else"...
February 07, 2007
I thought this article was a joke at first. C'mon...there are so many urban legends out there. However, this one is for real as the religious right wants to run this country. This is absurd!

This craziness reminds me of the formerly Communist Romania where women were required to birth five babies to produce worker bees for the State. Mandatory pregnancy tests were given to try to ensure women not self-aborting as abortion and contraception were banned under the Communist Regime.

After what I have been through with more than one failed marriage, I feel marriage is a farce. Why sign one's life over when it is better to live together where it is more a free choice to love someone.

"FUCK WORK"
Re: #2160 - Breed or "else"...
February 07, 2007
Actually it is a "joke", though not in an April Fools sort of way. It's a ballot measure put forth by proponents of same sex marriage to illustrate that obviously marriage isn't simply for procreation as the fundies say. If it were, our society should either deny marriages to, or end the marriages of, people who don't procreate.
February 07, 2007
I don't know what all the freakin' hoopla is about with this shit of banning gays from marrying and giving shit to married people who don't procreate.

These are scary times. This country is going to hell in a handbasket and all the politicians can worry about is a gay couple wanting to marry and procreating of hetero couples?

WHO THE HELL CARES? What is it hurting them or anyone if a gay couple marries? You've got people, every day, marrying just so one of them can have the convenience of the other person's health care. You've got welfare scammers and green card marriages. Illegals everywhere. WTF?
February 07, 2007
the scary part is, if the government leaders actually think this is a good idea, i wouldnt put it past them to try to legislate it

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CF VTer
February 07, 2007
It is a pretty funny idea. Okay, if marriage is just to make sprogs, then how about all you sprogless fundies out there nullify your marriages?

Sadly though, Merc is right.
February 07, 2007
see it would get the votes, from the uber religious people, they only want people to have babies.. so.. thats one group totally agreeing with the gay and lesbians who put up this ballot.

its like playing russian roulette with 5 bullets..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
February 08, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> This craziness reminds me of the formerly
> Communist Romania where women were required to
> birth five babies to produce worker bees for the
> State. Mandatory pregnancy tests were given to try
> to ensure women not self-aborting as abortion and
> contraception were banned under the Communist
> Regime.
>
>

Exactly. The only good news there is that the Ceausescu's were executed.
February 08, 2007
sprogless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> amethusos* Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > This craziness reminds me of the formerly
> > Communist Romania where women were required to
> > birth five babies to produce worker bees for
> the
> > State. Mandatory pregnancy tests were given to
> try
> > to ensure women not self-aborting as abortion
> and
> > contraception were banned under the Communist
> > Regime.
> >
> >
>
> Exactly. The only good news there is that the
> Ceausescu's were executed.

I stood up and cheered when I saw that on the news well over a decade-and-a-half ago. I am no longer shy with stating how I feel even if it seems uncouth! Thank you

"FUCK WORK"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login