Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2189 Kids With Crap On Their Faces

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2189 Kids With Crap On Their Faces
February 26, 2007
I find this disgusting as well. Recently there was a bill board along the highway I drive every day to work. It was an ad for the local family-owned camera store and it was a huge picture of an ugly sprog with spaghetti and sauce all over it's face and high chair.

Very charming.
RandomCFChick
Re: 2189 Kids With Crap On Their Faces
February 26, 2007
Yeah, I've always wondered about this practice, too. I don't think it's a major gross-out, but I do think it's not something necessarily worth whipping out the camera for, either.

When various people in my life started procreating, I figured out pretty quickly which ones had no sense of limits when it came to photos. Those who sent excessive photos, or stupid ones, or both, quickly got a filter created for them.
cfhistorian
February 26, 2007
Thankfully I don't have any relatives or friends who bombard my inbox with pictures of their fugly offspring. If I ever do, though, I'm torn as to what I should do about it...I could either set up an email filter just for them, or I could send back things like this (work-safe, I promise):

I'll probably just go with the filter, as it doesn't seem quite right to reward crap with gold.
February 26, 2007
i have noticed one thing, i sometimes watch you've been framed, a sort of funniest home videos, and more and more of kids on that show are shown falling asleep in their food, WTF? are they feeding them (i usually watch the animal sections, or when kids smash themselves into walls, i smile)..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
February 26, 2007
Actually, if you want to see a good movie about what cf do with those pics, you should rent "Dodging the Clock" (it's a movie in French from Canada, but subtitled in English, released in 2005). You can see two worlds clash.
maus1019
February 26, 2007
CFHistorian,

That picture made me smile. Thank you.
RandomCFChick
February 26, 2007
REgarding what to do with boring/excessive kid pictures: Filtering is easier than doing what I'd most want to do, which is taking pictures of boring, random things and sending them those instead. Six pictures of your baby with its mouth hanging open? Let's see...I'd send six shots of carpeting in my hallway plus one of the kitchen linoleum.

But all that would require going through the effort of taking the pictures, putting them on my computer, attaching them to my response...eh, easier to just use the handy-dandy filter.
February 27, 2007
Even with my own photos of family, friends, and of myself, I have learned to not be overbearing. Just because I am not showing off kiddie pics, it does not mean that the rest of the world is laying in wait to see my snapshots of my family or of me. It is nice to have photographs but pushing them on others is a form of narcissism. I hate the food-all-over-face shots. I do not see anything of humour or attractive about spaghetti all over the toddler's face and high chair!
February 27, 2007
AAAH! The little hammie is ADORABLE!!!!

I love being bombarded with pictures of my friends pets. Whenever I share my pictures, people just KNOW that they are going to be of our animals, don't even bother to look for people in any of them.

SO kids me that I am like the character Mrs. Von Undworth from the movie "One Hour Photo" - Robin Williams' character describes her as one of his customers in the movie: "And there's Mrs. von Undworth who only takes pictures of her cats, I've never seen a picture of a human, just cats." LOL
cfhistorian
February 27, 2007
Thanks! His name is Champignon, and he's our baby...we have 3 hamsters, and he's the youngest. Here are the other two:
Our girl, Petit Four:

And our other boy, Mirepoix:

February 27, 2007
Those little dudes are so much cuter than any brat, cfhistorian!
February 28, 2007
thinks of the fawlty towers sketch.. with basil the rat.. its not a rat its a siberian hamster wink..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login