Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2192 College Kids

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2192 College Kids
February 27, 2007
Christ. I actually felt nauseous reading that article. I can't believe someone had to actually write an article to tell people this. Like, HELLO! Where have you been the past 15 years? This is the first anyone has seen this trend? Take a look at the pahrunts that have been raising these idiots. Right there is the root of the problem! And what the hell were they thinking raising their kid like this??

This trend gets worse with every graduating class. I see it first hand through the self-centered-corporate-ladder-climbing-wannabes my company hires every spring. They're here to reinvent the wheel! The rest of us know-nothings are just here to take up space. They're SOOOOO special and just SOOOOO good at SOOOOO many things. Give me a break. I've also noticed the emotional intelligence quotient has taken a nose-dive.

Whatever happened to the humble intern wanting to work their way up? Looks like they've disappeared from civilization along with the wooly mammoth - and manners.
Anonymous User
Re: 2192 College Kids
February 27, 2007
What the hell is up with that "I am special" song?

That article didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but it is nice to finally see a study about it. Hopefully, the self- esteem crowd will realize that they've created an entire generation of selfish assholes.
Pirate Jo
February 28, 2007
I didn't exactly come away from that article with the idea that the sky is falling. Isn't an inflated sense of self-importance just part of being that age? That said, self-esteem is an important thing which has been twisted into something ridiculous by the publik skool system. Self-esteem comes from real achievement and accomplishment, not from someone giving you a trophy just for showing up every day.

I wasn't the least bit disturbed that those college kids placed a lot of importance on making money. That is smart and realistic. Too many of them - especially girls - choose silly majors that might enrich their enjoyment of a hobby but will never gain them any kind of financial independence. Learn some marketable job skills and get the bills taken care of, THEN go take that pottery class.
March 01, 2007
I have grown to hate every one of the college fuckwits who occupy the other apartments in the building I live in. I've never seen a lazier, more worhtless group of people. While it says explicity that each apartment is responsible for snow removal in their part of the parking lot (yes, that is a weird clause), and each apartment is responsible for maintaining their garbage (you know, taking the can out to the curb once a week, and then returning the empty can to the garbage area) do any of these children actually do it? No, because it's hard, shitty, boring work that if each person actually did their little part, then the property would be better for everyone. They can't do the hard, shitty, boring work though, because they've never had to. Mommy and Daddy have done it all for them their entire lives because they were special, precious wonders. I can only hope that pile of wet clothes I pulled out of the washer a week ago will be taken care of during Mommy's monthly visit, or perhaps the reeking pile will eventually grow legs and leave on it's own.

Self esteem is, and should, be the end result of accomplishment. When you've been told your entire life that you are the most special, wonderful creature to ever walk the earth, and Daddy is going to talk to that mean ol' teacher who gave you an F for not doing shit in class, and Mommy is really going to give it to that coach who won't let you play because you totally suck, and they're both going to sue the police department who busted your drunk ass at an underage kegger; then your grade goes up to a C, and you do get your ass off the bench once in a while, and you don't end up having to pay a huge fine and spend a couple nights in jail. As a result, society ends up with a person who has no sense that not everyone gets a gold star, and sometimes when you're stupid or lazy, things aren't going to go your way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login