Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Long Term Care

Posted by Matush 
Matush
Long Term Care
March 03, 2007
So who is going to take care of me when I get old? Simple, rather than investing in sprogs toys, cars, and beer money, excuse me, college education, I am putting my money in long term care insurance. So when the time comes and I am no longer able to function properly, I will be able to hire qualified help.

And no, I'm not relying on other people's children either to provide social security (which is a crap payout IMO). It's called mutual funds, investments, 401K...
Pirate Jo
Re: Long Term Care
March 04, 2007
Matush, I sometimes see that tired old Social Security argument dragged out for another flogging when people try to make the case that children are a "public good" - and that therefore, we shouldn't mind subsidizing them. The argument goes that since you aren't creating children to pay into Social Security, their children will have to do it. But you never hear them acknowledge the fact that you aren't creating any future DRAINS on Social Security either! Maybe their children will complain, but their grandchildren will be simply delighted!
March 05, 2007
I'd prefer camps or soilent green to being cared for by any of the worthless, egomanical, stupid and lazy children from this, or any upcoming, generations.
March 05, 2007
Oh GAWD, really. Can you imagine the up and coming youth working in nursing homes? Jebus Chrismas, I have resolved to try to stay as healthy and fit as possible so I never have to rely on anyone other than my pets and bank account for taking care of my old ass.
Anonymous User
March 05, 2007
You know, I actually can imagine it...

Many a caretaker would ignore hospital policy about cellphones because they COULDN'T POSSIBLY apply to them and the "hawt boi/grrl" they're waiting to get a text message from. "Nurses" calling their parents to come down and talk to their bosses because, eeew! they're trying to make them change bedpans and touch people who are, like, old and gross and poor and stuff. Not to mention the overall drop in the quality of care due to hospitals and nursing homes having to provide next-generation moos with 3 years of maternity leave.

So when someone wails "who's going to take care of you when you get old?!", you can just say "I'm going to die alone and be eaten by my cats, thank God!" - because it really would be better than the alternative.
March 05, 2007
I'm investing in a gun. I think that should help take care of any age related issues.
March 06, 2007
Pirate Jo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Matush, I sometimes see that tired old Social
> Security argument dragged out for another flogging
> when people try to make the case that children are
> a "public good" - and that therefore, we shouldn't
> mind subsidizing them. The argument goes that
> since you aren't creating children to pay into
> Social Security, their children will have to do
> it. But you never hear them acknowledge the fact
> that you aren't creating any future DRAINS on
> Social Security either! Maybe their children will
> complain, but their grandchildren will be simply
> delighted!

A friend once said how she resented those who did not have children because HER sons would be paying OUR Social Security when we get old. I quietly reminded her since she is truly a good lady how *I* pay into Social Security and do not get certain tax breaks of the childed. I also mentioned how homeowners without children pay the same taxes to subsidize the schools that they do not even use. Friend got the hint, thankfully because I really like her as a person because she has been loyal to me re: other life issues.
March 06, 2007
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm investing in a gun. I think that should help
> take care of any age related issues.

I hear you, Feh. There was an article in Sunday's paper re: how to live to be 100 years old. The wealthier tend to live longer but they will have beaucoup $$$$ for their care regardless of illnesses. Personally, I do not want to live that long! I also do not want to be in a position where I am not able to do anything for myself.
March 06, 2007
Boo hoo. Your precious spawn are going to pay for my social security. Oh the horror that they actually contribute to the SOCIETY THEY LIVE IN instead of just their own fambily units. If a parent is so upset that their precious chyldren are going to be required to participate in society, and help pay for people who are disabled or old, then perhaps those parents can MOVE THE FUCK OUT OF MY COMMUNITY and stop demanding that "It takes a village to raise a chyld". Certianly they can find a self-sustaining bunker in remotest Montana where their selfish asses can live. Hell, they could probably avoid taxes, and any societal interaction that might give their shitloaves any sense that they aren't the most special, wonderous creatures on earth.
Anonymous User
March 06, 2007
1. We pay higher taxes, because we don't get deductions or credits. So, we're paying for our own SS, and theirs, too, to some degree.

2. We pay the same property taxes as they do, but we don't reap the benefits of these schools and community programs that are exclusively for the use of their kids.

We have no choice but to contribute to their "village" whether we want to or not. It's a crock of shit, and it'll only get worse. The only satisfaction I get is when the brats turn 18, Moo loses her meal ticket.
Pirate Jo
March 06, 2007
Amethusos & Feh, I agree with you guys. I saw both of my grandmothers wither away in nursing homes with the brains of mashed potatoes, and that will NEVER happen to me. What an expensive way to prolong ones death. Before I get to that point, I'll find a really nice, fun, illegal drug to try and then overdose on it. I plan on spending my money while I'm alive, but if there's any left over I will donate it to charity. I'd rather see an animal shelter get my money than spend it all on a ventilator.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login