Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brat Parking Confrontation!

Posted by Theresa 
Theresa
Brat Parking Confrontation!
March 03, 2007
well, today one of my dreams came true. Someone confronted me in the supermarket parking lot b/c I parked in a "customer with child" spot.
The conversation went something like this:

Bitch: That's a customer with child parking spot, thats why I didn't park there.

Me: Shrugs shoulders and keeps walking.

Bitch: You probrably park in handicapped parking spaces too. One day you'll have kids and then you'll see.

Me: One day you will drop dead. Call the police, go ahead. Do something about it.

Bitch (with mouth now hanging open) When you grow up and have kids you'll see.

Me: That's why there's birth control.

A life long dream has come true. This woman then walked all the way to the other entrance of the supermarket, all the while looking behind her.

I will now be writing a letter of complaint to the store to complain about the sheer number of these damn spaces. Every single space in the front of the store is either handicapped, or brat reserved. I'm fucking sorry, I walk and stand all week at work. If I shop on the weekends, I want to park near the door if possible. What the fucking difference does it make if one has a brat they need to be near the door?
Pirate Jo
Re: Brat Parking Confrontation!
March 04, 2007
"When you grow up and have kids you'll see."

Logical fallacy #1: The idea that having kids is in any way related to "growing up."

Logical fallacy #2: Use of the word "when," which implies that having kids is inevitable.

People just don't realize how stupid they sound when this kind of diarrhea comes out of their mouths.
March 04, 2007
Gawd, what a dumb Moo.

I wouldn't dream of parking in a parking space for the disabled. There is no relationship between being disabled and being a parent. If you are disabled because of your pregnancy, then get a placard with your doctor's permission like everyone else has to.

If you are able-bodied and you CHOSE to be a parent, get off your dead ass and walk like the rest of us able-bodied people. If you are that fucking concerned about getting a parking space, do what I do...go shopping in the off-hours. Most of these entitlement-minded whiners are SAHMoos anyway. THEY can go to the store during the day when the rest of us who have real jobs can't.
Giselle
March 04, 2007
I find the increasing demands for preferential treatment by these people who self inflicted their situation upon themselves and others is getting out of hand.

I drove almost 2 miles around and around a car park in order to find a space and to do my shopping on the one day a week I have to do it only to find, that these selfish "cows" had ignored the special spaces allocated for them and had taken the spaces nearer to the town shops on the supermarket carpark so they wouldn't have as far to walk into town, these spaces they had used were for the ordinary shoppers and as such were then unavailable for them.

I mentioned this on a local forum and got batted to hell and back for saying ordinary shoppers, what the hell are we but ordinary shoppers if we do not have masses of kids and are not disabled.

You have to watch every word you say in front of these lunatics.

I have decided to buy a child car seat and stick it in my car for shopping days, beat the sods at their own game.
March 05, 2007
I hear you, Giselle, but I Mr. T: I pitty tha foold refuse to put a brat car seat into MY car. Good God, I do not want to be mistaken for a MOO!!!! You do have a point about being careful of saying things to people in public. Look at the road rage! Even those sacred mothers in SUVs have been known to try to run someone over in a parking lot. Years ago in my area, two moos in their SUVs got into it on the highway. One of the women shot the other woman at the freeway exit! A person will also not think twice of assaulting someone outside of a vehicle in a parking lot, either.
March 05, 2007
All's I've got to say is "fire away bitches"
Seriously, the likelyhood that the mindless moo is just waiting to pop a cap in someone's ass it next to...zilch? Firstly, for that moo to get a gun she has to leave the safety of her gated community, starbucks, spa and mall envrionments and go to a scary gun shop. Secondly, she has to learn to use it...and as we all know it's nearly impossible to teach a moo even the most simple of tricks. Thirdly, she'd have to drop the cell phone, kinder crap, hugeass purse and think about something other than herself or her precious spawn.
March 05, 2007
SAWEET! Good for you. I like the, "One day you'll drop dead," part. LOL I park in those spaces all the time and no one has had the audacity to say anything to me about it. It's only a matter of time............ smiling smiley
Giselle
March 05, 2007
It is actually not legally enforceable for them to do anything regarding childfree parking in a parent & child space. The only enforceable parking space thingummy is for the disabled. which I would never dream of using. If it is not in the Legal Statute these stores and these selfish cows (moos) cannot do anything about you parking in those spaces they think they are entitled to.
Sherz
March 12, 2007
That was BEAUTIFUL, Theresa!

We don't have those spaces in my area yet. I can't see where they would be enforceable. I actually have a handicapped tag due to asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. I only take advantage of it on days when I'm feeling particularly crappy, but otherwise I consider the extra walk from a regular parking space exercise. It does piss me off if the spaces are filled on a day I'm not feeling well. I worked with a bitch of a woman who has been using her father's handicapped tag since his death about 6 months ago. She brags about how she gets all the good parking. She's a true bitch.
I also think that anyone who doesn't work (SAHMoos) should do thei shopping during the weekday to make shopping less crowded and sprog filled for the people who work and only have the weekend to shop.
BillyC
March 12, 2007
Good one, Teresa...needed that...
CheeseLouise
March 18, 2007
LOVE it! The only entity that can "enforce" pregmoo parking is the business. They *could* have you towed, but what kind of customer relations is that? I'd wager they'd never do it. Pregmoo is a courtesy (and a damn stupid one), nothing more.

Good on ya!
March 19, 2007
CheeseLouise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOVE it! The only entity that can "enforce"
> pregmoo parking is the business. They *could* have
> you towed, but what kind of customer relations is
> that? I'd wager they'd never do it. Pregmoo is a
> courtesy (and a damn stupid one), nothing more.
>
> Good on ya!

I am not a legal expert...but I do believe a business cannot tow from a parking spot unless there is a sign stating the right to do so. That would really be bad PR for the business should the person sue or make it on the news. After all, the store cannot legally enforce preggo-spot parkers to take pee tests to prove they are in-pig.
March 20, 2007
"There is no relationship between being disabled and being a parent."

I don't know - seems like a lot of people become mentally disabled once they have children. Maybe they should have padded stalls with sedative dispensers for parents instead of stork spots.
March 21, 2007
I say, "sedative dispensers for non-parents", after all why should they get any sort of relief? Let them wallow in the hell they made as I glide happily through my shopping in a pill induced fog.
Elizabeth
March 24, 2007
LMAO Feh :bal I'm poppin 'n' shoppin', man grinning smiley
Janine Melnitz
March 26, 2007
I think the main thing about parent / child parking spaces is that there is a wide gap between them and the next car, NOT so much that they are near the shop. If they're in a normal space it's going to be quite hard to get the door open and a child / child seat in or out without scratching the door of the next car.
Anonymous User
March 26, 2007
It seems to me that if a parking space isn't wide enough to get a kid or a seat out without scratching the other car doors, it isn't wide enough for adults to get out of either, since adults usually are bigger than children and would need to open the door wider to get out. I also don't think car seats usually go in and out during shopping, and a stroller would fit in the trunk.

I'm not saying that there's no need for people with kids to be able to open their doors adequately without having to worry about scratching other cars. I just think that there are many reasons and situations why a person would need to open the driver's door more than a little sliver, or that they might need to open the passenger side door as well. These reasons could include having kids with you, but what about the person bringing their dog to the vet, the person with an overweight friend, the person who needs to put some of their purchases in the back seat for some reason?

When an institution decides they are going to consider the needs of one group of people to be automatically more important than the needs of another group of people, and institutes a policy whereby the preferred group is accommodated by way of taking resources from another group, division and resentment is always the result.
March 26, 2007
From what I've experienced of the parents/preggos only parking in my town, the spaces are exactly the same size as the regular spaces as my car has just as much room as it always does. However, they are always closest to the store and that's why I take 'em when the weather is exceptionally shitty. Everyone in a giant winter jacket looks pregnant, so I've never really had a problem.
Theresa
March 26, 2007
in the store in question, the brat spots are the exact same size as the other spots. This is a complete non-issue.

I shopped in the same store yesterday, and some of the signs have been taken away. I wonder if there were others who also complained about this issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login