Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#2224 - Bratz Clothing

Posted by amethusos* 
#2224 - Bratz Clothing
March 19, 2007
Stefanie, you are right on target how it is the PARENTS responsibility to buy age-appropriate clothing for their she-sprogs rather than blame a fucking DOLL!!! Unless the brat is stealing the Bratz dolls, Mother and Father need to look at themselves for their young daughters wanting to dress like hookers. And...the word "brat" was a bad thing for a kid to be called in my Day. No kid Back in the Day wanted to be called a "brat" or have a toy that was considered such a thing. Now, it seems like a compliment. Breeders, take back the discipline when it comes to your offspring!
giselle
Re: #2224 - Bratz Clothing
March 19, 2007
The parents took away the childhood - there are no babies these days dressed as babies but as miniature adults, flesh cringing gives me the creeps.

No cuddling in a lovely soft shawl, no bonnets and mittens in the winter. no lovely white lacey outfits as my mother made for us.

but jeans and trainers and a baseball cap at 3 weeks old, disgusting.

the girls are even worse dressed as jailbate from around 6 years of age.

No wonder more people are despairing about the younger generation.

It doesn't matter whether they like Bratz dolls, there were sexy outfits for Barbie and Cindi as well.
March 19, 2007
You're right, Giselle. I played "Barbies" as a kid yet I did not go to school dressed as a skank with my tits hanging out or cunt-cutter jeans that were so right that the vagina was showing to be split in half. Even in high school, I still had to go past my mother when it came to clothes shopping even if I used the babysitting money.

I was not living with her at age 17 but, first, with friends and then my granddad. Even then, I did not buy HoWear even though I earned minimum wage of $3.35, which was great for a school kid. Proper clothing choices were already instilled in me.

I remember on the last day of my 11th grade year, a girl wore a bikini top with a button-down shirt as a "jacket" . My thought was: "Why would her parents let her go out of the house like that?" I am sure she had the shirt buttoned up before leaving home but she was the type of girl who controlled the home.
March 19, 2007
then they blame the makers of the bratz dolls, but parents can say no cant they?

of course wait for them to get the lawyers out

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 20, 2007
Most of today's parents are idiots who would rather be their child's friend rather than a proper parent who prepares the young person for life. I used to know a woman where I once lived who probably has hell on her hands with a daughter who is now close to age 18 or so. She was another one who wanted to be her two kids "friend"...especially the daughter's.

This single moo was a stripper for a time. Even after getting out of the biz, she still had certain attitudes and thought her daughter was just so "cute" acting like Mommy. The child got a Limited Too credit card by age 12 so she could go clothes shopping on her own. Moo was stunned to see the charge bill. That was before the twentysomethinger moved in with this 60/year-old car salesman because he made $$$$.

From what I heard, she moved out when she felt she was only used to keep the house. Well, Man works; Woman keeps house; Nothing is free. I really doubt F*r*n got her little piece of plastic taken away and she probably bought the sluttiest outfits to keep up with her mother. Unless the ex-stripper snagged another guy with the $$$$, she is probably taking it off again for a living!
March 20, 2007
If I go into work later than normal for 8 am, I am lucky enough to see the teen ho's walking through my neighborhood to their bus stop. It's winter and half of them are running around with mid driff shirts on. I don't get it. How are the schools allowing this? When I was in school, you weren't allowed to wear anything even sleeveless!

As I walk through the maul, I see all the young-girl-type clothing stores and their cheesy, slutty displays. How could parents think this is cute? What kind of message is this sending to young girls?

Society as a whole is going down hill at remarkable speed and there are more weirdos than ever out there now. Don't parents realize when they dress up their daughters like JonBenet Ramsey that these same weirdos are getting a big kick out of it? Keep that up parents and YOUR kid can be the next face on the ol'milk carton.
March 20, 2007
but then when the kid is killed they parents get sympathy, and sometimes gets free stuff etc.. sometimes i think these kind of parents want things to happen forst so they can claim sympathy, second so they can be rid of that child. look at all the famous now, people who's kids died, jon benet ramsey, for one, and there are others

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 20, 2007
This winter our city actually called a snow day because the temp (with windchill) got down to -35 degrees. Thusly, all public schools were closed as well as government offices and many other educational facilities, except the university, you know, where the college students go. Well, the next day back at work, I was listening to the talk radio and someone actually had the nerve to call in and add this nugget to the discussion of the weather..."They should have closed the University campus. College students don't always dress properly for the weather, and with such extreme temperatures, I wonder how many had to be treated for frost bite?" Fortunately, the avowed child free host ripped her a new one, otherwise I would have had to call in to do it.

I don't care how fashionable or hott you are, when it's -35, suck it up and wear a goddamned coat, hat and gloves. If you are too stupid, or vain, to do that, then you deserve to pay the consequences of frost bite, and potential loss of digits, ear or nose tips. That just might serve as a reminder that when it's fucking cold, you pull your head out of your ass and wear a jacket you stupid worthless fucking college idiots. We never did learn if there were many reported cases of frost bite amongst the mouth breathing college idiotocracy, but I certianly hope so.
March 20, 2007
This is what the Bratz want to be--Pussycat Dolls:

Alpha women run the reality show
By Joanna Weiss, Globe Staff | March 20, 2007

There is no sympathy, no pity, for those who wish to be Pussycat Dolls. In the premiere of "Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll" -- the CW show whose third episode airs tonight at 9 -- a virus whipped through the women auditioning for a spot in the sexed-up girl group. It was a nasty bug, featuring vomit, but word came that illness was no excuse. Some contestants unhooked their IVs, roused themselves from mats beside the stage, and performed a song-and-dance with glassy eyes and gritted teeth.

Sitting at the judging table, Robin Antin, the botoxed impresario who created the Dolls, seemed particularly pleased. These, it seemed, were women hungry enough to deserve a place in her group, a modified burlesque troupe held up as the pinnacle of female empowerment.

In some circles, "empowerment" might be defined as banding together and fighting, or walking away from a stupid idea altogether. On today's reality TV, it apparently means something different: suffer and endure, in pursuit of the feminine ideal. And submit wholly to the power of another woman.

It's a particular kind of woman, too. The you-go-girl types who lead the fashion makeover shows have given way to a harsh form of female lordship. From Antin to Becky Southwick, the crabby modeling agent on VH1's "The Agency," the arbiters of beauty are an increasingly ugly set.

Perhaps Martha Stewart -- who presides over her syndicated talk show with an unmitigated chill -- made it clear that TV's alpha women need not temper their delivery with rounded edges.

Or perhaps it's a sign that reality TV is moving more completely toward self-parody: Lately, the portraits of femininity have turned ever more grotesque. In 2003, ABC offered, as its original "Bachelorette," a physical therapist named Trista, with a pug nose and a wholesome outlook; she just wanted to marry a man, have his babies, and make a brief return to the spotlight on "Dancing With the Stars." Not so on "I Love New York," the campy spinoff of "Flavor of Love" that is VH1's latest take on the dating genre. Tiffany Pollard -- known to her suitors as "New York" -- is a cartoonish version of the form, with superhuman breasts and eyes so loaded down with makeup she seems to have trouble keeping them open.

New York is the boss of her world -- more powerful than anyone but her mother, who presides over the affair like an irritated ice queen. But her suitors are bumbling; it doesn't feel so bad to see them squirm, particularly since they're largely in on the joke.

In the case of the Pussycat Dolls, it's women doing the groveling. And the contract they've entered seems to require that they take an optimistic view of Antin. (It's unclear, in the premiere, whether 20-year-old Jaime is saying "She's like an icon" or "She's, like, an icon," but the former is probably closer to the truth.)

With her amply lined lips, Antin bears more than a passing resemblance to former supermodel Janice Dickinson, whose own show, "The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency," ended its second season on Oxygen last week. But Dickinson never hides her snarls; she's doling out tough love, in the face of a tough business.

Antin is peddling a different brand of sisterhood, one of thinly masked sadism. She jumps up and down like a schoolgirl as she shows off the finalists' living quarters, then invites them to a hip LA restaurant for a dinner that turns out to be a contest. In this case, the girls must demonstrate their "confidence" by donning lingerie and dancing inside a glass box.

As usual, the contestants don't peep; they dutifully bump and grind. Nor do they question the fuzzy distinction the judges make between "sexy" and "stripperesque." It's impossible to watch these women high-kick and tell who's getting closest to the ideal.

That's part of the secret of a show like "American Idol." Simon Cowell's standards are clear: You've either hit the money note or you haven't. This year contestants have felt empowered to sass him and the other judges. In the subjective world of beauty and femininity, the hopefuls don't dare complain. Certainly not on "The Agency," as Becky, ever-scowling, dismisses every would-be model in her path. "She's not symmetrical," she barked about one woman, as if that were a character flaw.

Of course, that's part of what makes the show feel real; there's no contest to win, no promise of moral victory, no false description of what modeling represents. The women set themselves up to be dehumanized, examined for blemishes and stray centimeters of fat.

And Becky doesn't pretend to be an icon, herself. When she demonstrates the art of photo-shoot modeling for one willowy contender -- gyrating her shorter, chunkier body with impressive fluidity -- she's not a bit self-conscious. It's just business. It's a kinder way to treat your charges, all in all. Becky isn't a friend. She's not quite an enemy. She's just speaking the dressed-down truth, with an unforgiving eye.
March 21, 2007
I notice most reality shows do have the women groveling, Catmeow. Even on "American Idol", Simon has been really crude to the female contestants who do not 'measure up' when it comes to weight even if they are good singers...unless the young lady has an exceptional singing voice. Never are the males called on the carpet for being "too fat".

I watched "Survivor" once when a friend was visiting, who was into the show. I also noticed how the females tended to be the nastiest to each other and had their own cliques based on looks. Sisterhood is a fucking myth. At work, I have heard the snide remarks about a female co-worker's weight or clothing from other women rather than the comments coming from the fellows.

What used to be considered voluptuous and pretty is now deemed fat and ugly. From what I read of Marilyn Monroe's measurements and viewing shows from the late 60's to mid 70's, I would see women who were a size 14-16. These gals were considered very beautiful. Now, a Size 16 is seen as "fat" and a woman wearing that size is considered invisible to men & even some jobs.

I have had "body image" issues and still do at my age even though others say I am not "fat". I would hate to be a female child growing up in this culture because it is worse. Grade school girls are now wearing thong underwear to look "yummy" for the boys. By junior high (which is what it was called in my day), the girls are dressed like 20/year-olds with lacy bras. In gym class when I was in 7th grade, almost all girls wore those undershirt-type training bras. I am sure those things would get a girl laughed out of school in this era.

Whatever happened to childhood as one poster mentioned?

In a training class for a call center, the girls who were barely out of high school were wearing the low-rise jeans so their thongs would show. Yeah...they were out of "dress code" but the company needed those butts in chairs to damned badly to take the throngs of calls. An article in the paper about a year ago showed a high school girl with her big tits practically falling out of her skimpy shirt. The article was in regards to high schoolers waiting in the dark for the school bus.
Elizabeth
March 24, 2007
Soon the ideal will be a skeleton with huge balloons tied on its chest, and a blonde wig on its head. I personally think curvy looks much better that that drugged out, or sick looking stick figure people think is so pretty today. Even movies and shows from the 80s have more realistic women than today's crap shows do. Notice all the women are so fake now, too, fake tits, fake hair extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tans, fake blonde, GROSS. Why bother with all that crap, anyway? One thing, like colouring your hair is OK, but women pile on the fakeness today, with surgery to boot.

Oh, and Bratz are a TOY, you can buy them, and dress them differently, or imagine them how you want them to be. They don't HAVE to be tarts. I think it's the GIRLS wanting to be tarted up like those fake Hollywood and pop stars, and projecting that on thier dolls, rather than the other way 'round.

Like Giselle said, there's no childhood anymore, and notice you have more juvenile crime, and juveniles with no empathy, than ever before.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login