Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

kiddie carts at stores

Posted by randomCFChick 
randomCFChick
kiddie carts at stores
March 26, 2007
I agree with the original rant...those two-foot high kiddie carts are nothing but a nuisance. I think a few of parents hate them too, actually. I've seen some kids get a kiddie-cart, only to be sent by their parent to put it back. (Go, parent!) I'm sure the only reason stores make kiddie-carts available is to boost profits. They're COUNTING on little Trendiegh Nayme putting stuff in the cart, and on Mom/Dad caving in and buying at least some of what goes in the kid's cart. Plus it trains them early on to be good, mindless, little consumers.

I'd like to hear from someone who's worked at a store that provides kiddie carts. I bet the employees think those carts are a pain, too. They probably wind up putting them away (after re-shelving all the crap that Junior put in it), and I bet they have tripped over their fair share of them.
Anonymous User
Re: kiddie carts at stores
March 26, 2007
I've seen those too. In Quebec, the bear a little flag saying something like "Future client in training", to make sure they get used to shop.
March 27, 2007
Thank the Gods they don't have these at the Giant where I shop. I have been in stores that DO have them and they are SUCH a pain in the ass. They are a huge inconvenience on so many levels.

1. What about all the food that Shitford takes from the shelves? Who puts that back?

2. What about the SPOILED food that Shitford has taken from the shelf? The refrigerated stuff that is allowed to sit for GAWD knows how long after Shitford and his moo leave the store?

3. The little carts and kids are always in the way.

4. The little fuckers don't know how to maneuver a cart and someone is always getting slammed in the heels with one.
March 27, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 1. What about all the food that Shitford takes
> from the shelves? Who puts that back?
>
> 2. What about the SPOILED food that Shitford has
> taken from the shelf? The refrigerated stuff that
> is allowed to sit for GAWD knows how long after
> Shitford and his moo leave the store?

Very good questions, KFLL! I used to be a "courtesy clerk" aka bagger back in the Day. Doing "go backs" was a pain for just regular reasons (price too high, changed mind, wrong item, etc). I am glad there were not kiddie carts so the sprogs can "play" while Mommy shops back then. As if we did not have enough to do by working like demons to bag for all of the checkers, chase carts in the parking lot, take glass bottles to the back, and clean & sweep the front end.
March 27, 2007
The only store in my town that has the "kiddie carts" is the hippy co-op I shop at sometimes. I'd go more often, but they're totally breeder-centric in a kind of disgusting and sexist manner. My biggest complaint is with their monthly newsletter of hilariously whiny letters, updates and recepies AND at least one HUGE article for pregnant women for some ungodly reason. I guess they figure every woman who shops at the co-op is either pregnant or pre-pregnant.
The kiddie carts are always clogging up the aisles with their slow walking because, of course, you can't put your precious spawn in an adult sized cart and just push them around, that would stifle their need for self expression. Or they're left unattended in an aisle because the adorable chyld has wandered off to fingerbang the salad bar.
When I first joined it was a pretty cool place, but then they expanded, and started catering to the suburbanites who think they're making the world a better place by driving their SUV's from their gated McMansion communities a half hour into town and paying premium prices for locally grown and organic foods. From the tone of the letters though, they just hate the poor people who shop at the worker owned grocery store on the edges of town and would much rather shop somewhere smiling white folks will pat their heads and say "we'll try to get the sqare containers of tofu again because the round ones don't fit in the door of your refrigerator, thanks for shopping the co-op, you are truely a magical wonder who is single handedly saving the earth. Please, let me kiss your glorious ass from which only roses fall."
March 27, 2007
LOL!!!!!!!

The sad thing is, these suburbanite moos have nothing more to worry about than the square container fitting better than the round ones in their refrigerator doors. They live in a totally different dimension than the rest of us. Poor souls.

The co-op sounds really cool, we have something similar to that around my area and it's part of the local Farmer's Market. Thankfully we are spared from the suburbanites because it's far beneath them to have to endure the company of the regular folk who frequent the market.
RandomCFChick
March 28, 2007
Forgot to mention in my original post...kiddie-carts are a deal-breaker for me. If I go to a store and I see that they have the damn things, I don't shop there again. The store where I go not only has zero kiddie carts, it has a separate kid play area...complete with door that cannot be opened from the inside (except by the employee supervising the area). At first I thought, "ew, more catering to the almightly parents". But then I realized that it kept the kids out of the way, and that due to the door latch they can't escape until their parent comes to get 'em. I applaud the store for keeping kids out from underfoot.

But if they ever get kiddie carts, I'm switching stores.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2007
For some reason, there seems to be a correlation between eating organic, natural foods in the most high maintenance of ways and giving lip service to the concept of saving the planet, while simultaneously milking the health insurance system for tens of thousands of dollars a year to be shot full of hormones to have babies in a test tube, overpopulating with one's VERY OWN BAYBEES while 500,000 children in the USA alone are in foster care.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2007
The only store in my town that has the "kiddie carts" is the hippy co-op I shop at sometimes. I'd go more often, but they're totally breeder-centric in a kind of disgusting and sexist manner. My biggest complaint is with their monthly newsletter of hilariously whiny letters, updates and recepies AND at least one HUGE article for pregnant women for some ungodly reason. I guess they figure every woman who shops at the co-op is either pregnant or pre-pregnant.

Seems like the hippie culture is pretty breeder-centric, which is disappointing to me because I'd expect that to be among the alternative, childfree crowd. But then, I'd sort of expect it out of the down-to-earth feminist crowd too, that they'd be in the "you are more than your uterus" and "do things for yourself, not always for some kid" and such camp.

Of course, IMO, anyone young enough for a kiddie cart is too young not to be in the child seat of an ADULT cart.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login