Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Soccer moo hairstyle

Posted by blondie 
Re: Soccer moo hairstyle
November 18, 2011
Two soccer mom styles:

nobodylikesyourkidbutyou
I think this describes it pretty well, but I can't seem to find any pictures.

Soccer mom hair

Oh yeah - totally. They all look like lesbians with this cut on Long Island. They try to keep it "girly" with wispy sides and a wispy neckline, but it's still so ugly, unflattering and overly processed that it burns your retinas.
November 18, 2011
I have a variation of a mohawk, and it's dyed red with red highlights and lowlights.
November 19, 2011
The last time I had my hair cut really short, I DID look like Justin Bieber. Now, it's growing out, is medium-length, and is light brown and prematurely silver and white. I love my gray, and am happily growing it in. I call it my 'birch mane'. Still, I know it's not sexy, and women are aghast that I don't want to dye it or bleach it blonde at this point.

-------------------------
"They will say that you are on the wrong road, if it is your own." ~Antonio Porchia
Anonymous User
November 19, 2011
My hair is damn near black, straight, and down to the lower back "dimples." Yeah. Moos hate me.
November 19, 2011
nullipar-tay
The last time I had my hair cut really short, I DID look like Justin Bieber. Now, it's growing out, is medium-length, and is light brown and prematurely silver and white. I love my gray, and am happily growing it in. I call it my 'birch mane'. Still, I know it's not sexy, and women are aghast that I don't want to dye it or bleach it blonde at this point.

The Rule is everyone (female) is supposed to go blonde as they gray. There are a lot of dark skinned browned eyed blondes over 35 out there. Sometimes if one doesn't want to embrace the gray it's a better idea to stick close to one's own hair color and deal with the maintenance. You don't want blonde hair and grey/brown roots. It's strange, all of my dark haired friends are now light blonde and they look so different but they were told by hairdre$$ers to keep having it bleached - it's very high maintenance and expensive.
November 19, 2011
mumofsixbirds
I think anyone who tells a woman to cut off her long, beautiful hair, says that because they are jealous of it.

I have long straight dark-brown hair and i sometimes get "bingoed" with when are you going to cut it or how long are you going to keep your hair grow?

Once i was chatting with a neighbour and she complimented me for my hair. The woman who was with her just added: "wait until you have kids and you'll have to cut it off" Stupid cunt.
November 19, 2011
Just wanted to add something here, since I'm so proud of myself! smiling smiley

And speaking of the CF having swinging weekends LOL
And hair, and asscrack jeans grinning smiley

Well *some* of my hair was actually decorating the inside of my bathroom sink drain. And I FIXED IT MYSELF!

YAY!

Now I don't have to call the plumber!

This made me stupid happy!
What a raging Friday night, eh? I did go out to the store to get drain cleaner. Came home, cleaned out drain.

Wahoo! So exciting grinning smiley
November 19, 2011
I've noticed that a lot of women with long hair get those unflattering mommy haircuts when they have kids. One friend of mine had gorgeous, honey-colored hair that went almost to her waist...now she's sporting a "mom cut". Ugh. It makes her look about twenty pounds heavier. Totally wrong for her face shape and body type. Just another way that parenthood has eaten her life. I wonder why she didn't just braid it or ponytail it to keep it out of the way? Why hack it off?
November 19, 2011
I think you can only have true soccer Moo hair if your face also looks like that of a Moo (which is usually covered with a layer of grease, wrinkly and looking to be at least 10 years older than one's actual age). Some women look gorgeous with short styles - mothers get the Moo chop because they are so bizzy that they can't be arsed to deal with their hair. The Moo look is not just a hairstyle - it's a combination of several elements. Usually the short chop, either terribly oversized or undersized shirt, elastic waist classic-cut jeans that end right above the ankle, no make-up, hair usually unwashed, and drives a van or an SUV.

I had really long hair as a kid and I was always getting asked when I was gonna cut it - I even had some relatives offer to give me money if I'd let them cut it off. Then I got it hacked to a bit below the shoulders because I wasn't too crazy about it anymore, and maybe a year or so ago, I attempted "bitch locks" (long bangs, short in the back), but I realized short hair just is not for me. And I missed my ponytail a lot, so been growing my hair back out.

Also from when I had bitch locks, the back was dyed jet black and I have this funky thing going on back there where the front of my hair is blonde and the back is layered and shows what looks like my natural color (dirty blonde) that doesn't bleach because there's still a shred of the black that won't fade out left. I wanna put some funky colors in it like turquoise - just some streaks in the bangs or something.

My hair is also completely straight - this mane will not hold a curl for anything, which is fine since I never liked my hair curled. I also don't really use anything fancy on it - I wash it, condition it, deep-condition once a week and use de-tangler since it's begun to get knotty again. I'd looooove to have platinum blonde hair, but my hairdresser says to lighten my hair that much would result in my hair being fried and most likely falling out. And since I like having hair more than I want to have near-white hair, I suck it up and have her get it as light as possible.
November 19, 2011
thom_c
Two soccer mom styles:

Too funny! Loved it when she hugged the moo and left the cheetos smudge.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
November 19, 2011
Zzelda
Well *some* of my hair was actually decorating the inside of my bathroom sink drain. And I FIXED IT MYSELF!

YAY!

Now I don't have to call the plumber!

Congrats smiling smiley Have you ever tried a thing called a Zip-it? They sell them at Home Depot. I'm alway plugging up the sink and the shower with my hair and the Zip-it works great. They sell them at Amazon too:

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Zip-It/dp/B002YFVFSU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_7

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
November 19, 2011
M4P, I will have to remember that, I used a needle nosed pliers grinning smiley

You know what is weird to me is - how did all that hair get in there? I always have my hair up, it bugs me, I do not wash my hair in the sink, I don't even comb my hair anywhere near it.

I do shed like a dog though. In fact - I was thinking of the above yesterday and even began to wonder - am I going bald?

But, no. I have alot of hair and it's just as thick as it always is. I guess lots just falls out.

If there is a person who probably should cut their hair, it's me.

That reminds me - Cambion, I think you probably *could* get a very light platinum color, I think besides bleaching then you have to put another dye on top of that. Not that I advocate over processing the hair. But I think it can be done and if done correctly is not so damaging.

Anyway, I thought of that because I figure - before getting any haircut I may as well bleach or perm mine, I would do this first, if you're going to cut it why not risk frying it first? If that makes any sense.
November 19, 2011
Soccer moo hairstyle?

Nope, don't have one (I have a perm because my hair is fine and thin)but the first person that comes to mind is Michelle Duggar
November 19, 2011
Most ANY hairstyle is preferable to the Michelle Duggar mullet.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 19, 2011
kidlesskim
Most ANY hairstyle is preferable to the Michelle Duggar mullet.

True.
November 20, 2011
@Zzelda, I've heard that the hair has to be bleached as lightly blonde as possible and then a purple toner is put in the hair. I guess this neutralizes the yellow and makes the hair look white. I did see something similar when I used purple hair dye - it turned my hair an ugly brown, but when it faded out, my hair was grey for a few weeks.

I know Manic Panic sells a shade called Virgin Snow, which is a purple toner like I mentioned. But Manic Panic's products aren't actual dyes, so they don't damage the hair. Thing is with my hair the way it is now, toner won't do shit because it's too dark.

My hairdresser always does her best to get my hair as light as possible without frying it, so that's usually fine. May try the purple toner sometime anyway to see what happens.
Anonymous User
November 20, 2011
No moo hair or moo jeans for this girl. I have shoulder length, blonde hair(I'm a dirty blonde so I get it lightened because I like the lighter color better) that's usually done up in victory rolls, retro curls, pomp, or my quick and easy wash n' wear updo. And as far as the attire goes, if I'm not wearing a skirt or a dress, I'm in skinny jeans. Do these moos even own a mirror or look at themselves before leaving the house?
November 20, 2011
I'm a dirty blonde, and my hair is little past shoulder length.
I love putting strange colors in it.
Right now it's got purple in it for the birthday I just celebrated.
I love it.
I've gotten so many compliments.
Of course, the hurr durrs, wannabreeds and general fuckwits in my breederific school stare, glare or make idiotic commentary.
Anyways, I'm not exactly a fashionista so my outfits are usually just something generally formfitting and comfy.
That said, I wouldn't be caught dead in moo jeans or hair.

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin

November 20, 2011
Hehe, I think several Manic Panic colors could double as stripper names: Raven Black, Red Passion, Wildfire, Mystic Heather, Fuschia Shock, Ultra Violet, Deadly Nightshade, Lie Locks, Shocking Blue, Electric Lava, and Tiger Lily. There are many more shades, but those are the ones that sound most like strippers/My Little Ponies.

I need to get another jar of MP soon - it's just right for those of us who like a little wild color in their hair without the long life of permanent dye. Though when I had my whole head died with their dark blue, it faded out to a mint green color that hung around for a few months. Sooo yeah, my hair reeeeeally likes blue, kind of likes reds and oranges (used Tiger Lily once - supposed to be bright orange, turned my hair natural red), and does not like purples at all.
November 20, 2011
blondie
The Rule is everyone (female) is supposed to go blonde as they gray.

Yeah, and I was naturally honey blonde as a child. But that rule can suck it! grinning smiley

Unless it's going shock white or some fun color (I love purple in hair! It's awesome!), I can't imagine dying it. Also, I had cancer at my widow's peak they had to remove, and they said that I may not want to do dark dyes again, as it stains my sickly pale skin and makes it harder for them to find any more lesions. ^^; So if I mess with the color, I'm going to have to go light.
November 20, 2011
When I think "Soccer-mom cut", I think of what pretty much every female age 25-45 has these days: Short in back, long in front, waaaay too much gel or mousse or whatever to make it look "spiky", way too many different colors and highlights, doesn't move at all due to too much product, likely needs to be "done" in an expensive salon every month. Meanwhile, soccermoo is thinking "It's SASSY!! and SPIKY and FUNKY! I'm a MOM but I don't have to LOOK LIKE ONE! And I DESERVE the EXPENSIVE SALONS because I work so HARD being a MOM!!!11". Of course, while failing to see that they look like every other soccermoo out there.

Just peek inside any mall salon, ALL of the hairdressers there have the exact same cut, highlights and gross stiffness.
Anonymous User
November 22, 2011
I HATE that cut that so many women have today where they part it just right of center and then just let the hair fall down on each side. I call it the "sidewards clam".I've seen ONE women who looks good with that cut and that's Dana Perino.
November 22, 2011
Pair sheer red lipstick (matte can be aging) with just about any style other than maybe those short, layered, poofed 'dos and you'll instantly be out of soccer mom territory. It's not an everyday thing with me, but I do think updated makeup can definitely keep the frump away. And a good highlight job if needed.
Anonymous User
November 22, 2011
I hate that short puffy style, and I hate the idea the older you get the more you are "supposed" to have that style. I can't think of anyone who is really flattered by it. A few women look good with short cropped hair, and I know one 60-something woman with curls instead of layers which look rather nice. But that puffy shit looks worse than anything it is trying to disguise.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login